Pine Ridge Raceway

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Pine Ridge Raceway

Post by aeffertz »

Pine Ridge Raceway is a motocross facility located in the northwoods of Athelstane, Wisconsin. The sandy track carves its way through a forest of many trees which makes for a beautiful setting. The layout of the track provides challenges for everyone from beginners to top riders. Pine Ridge Raceway provides a variety of features including a cement start, split lane corners, flat sandy corners and steep sandy berms, as well as some elevation changes, that making racing on this track a blast!

Download Links:
High Resolution | Medium Resolution (Missing Gate Canopy, Power Lines and some vehicles)

DJ99X's Object Packs (If you don't have them already)

Suzuki98's Starting Gate (If you don't have it already)

Credits:
DJ99X: vehicle, flag, orange fence, grass tuft, tree, canopy and tire models
haggqvist: bale and small billboard models
twitmoto: barrier, building, flagger hut model
Shadow: tree billboards
SMR 510RR: bleacher model
Sandbitter/Hvpunk: water truck model/skin
P2sta/Tyler Crain: trailer model/skin
Mona: doghouse model
yFmx: van and fence model
mxr449: dirt/grass decals
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Re: Pine Ridge Raceway

Post by slowngreen »

Time for honesty.

I ran 5 laps so far to give it a fair chance so I could give an honest opinion. I was worried after lap one that maybe it wouldnt be that fun of a track since it doesnt have much for big jumps. But at the end of lap 5 I can with out a doubt say this is in my top 10 favorite tracks Ive ever played on mx sim. Its perfect! I cant find one thing that I wish was different, it rides real fast (for me atleast), makes you feel like you actually have some control, braking bumps are realistic and not over done and it looks insanely good.

Huge thanks for sharing, 100% perfect track.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Wow, thank you man!

Although it's nice to hear, I know there are a few things I'd like to change on the track. The decals and shading could use some fine tuning but I'm not going to go back and change them at this point, haha.

I was still, and still am, learning how to make ruts ride well without being overly big so some of the ruts bother me. And the models I made are really high poly. I need to learn how to make lower res versions.

That being said, I'm still happy with the outcome and I leanred a lot from it. It is a replica track so I didn't want to change it up drastically with huge jumps, but I knew small jumps get boring and are easy. I think what makes the track fun, even with the easy jumps is just how pinned and wide open it is and when you're going that fast around the track it mistakes are easier to make which adds to the difficulty in a way.

Thanks for the feedback, I always appreciate hearing from you guys on what you think about the track, good or bad!
stevos758
Team: Privateer

Post by stevos758 »

Very nice! I am a fellow wisconsinite. Have only been to some MN tracks wheeler and arkansaw MX. Cool to see a track like this!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

What scale is this built at? Feels a lot more open than real life. It does do a good job of capturing that it is a high speed track though. Some of the jumps seem too far out of the corners, and I would have liked to see more inside lines. But it was still really fun and captures the feel of the real track well enough.

Thanks!
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Yeah, it's it scaled too big. IIRC it's 1.65x.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

stevos758 wrote:Very nice! I am a fellow wisconsinite. Have only been to some MN tracks wheeler and arkansaw MX. Cool to see a track like this!

Make sure to check out Hidden Valley MX then! That track was located in Ettrick, WI.
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Congrats on the comp win man, you did a amazing job on this!