Official Indoor Track Comp. Hosted by: Rewind Track Works

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Official Indoor Track Comp. Hosted by: Rewind Track Works

Post by mxrewind665 »

Well now that the Pogo Track competition is over I feel I can go ahead with mine and not feel like the two are interviening.

Theme:
Big indoor event. This includes indoor motocross, Supercross, Arenacross, and Endurocross. To go into more depth with what I mean with "Big indoor event", I am talking about something that looks packed and sold out. (Example: full crowd, company advertisement, and a good example is the track in the topic picture above).

Schedule:
• Competition starts now
• 4/26/2015 – Submission Opens
• 5/11/2015 – Submission Closes
• 5/24/2013 - Winners will be announced

Rules:
• One track per creator.
• One creator per entry. Team efforts are allowed, but you must choose an individual to represent your team and receive any prizes.
• Track can not be a re-make, update, or replica. Tracks started prior to the competition that have not been shared may be used.
• Track must be in a stadium/arena/indoor hall (Outdoor open stadiums are allowed such as Daytona or Jay's Airport theme SX). The type may be a Indoor Mx, Supercross, Freeride, Freestyle, Supermoto, Endurocross, Arenacross ect., but MUST BE IN A BIG INDOOR EVENT ENVIRONMENT!
• NO betas or sharing the track with ANYONE prior to the results of the competition being announced. Track may not be released prior to the results of the competition being announced.
• Track must be released in a folder format, without a .saf. Files must be left open in raw format, no .scram files allowed. All contents of track folder will be released for public use within MXSimulator without limitations (includes using, rendering, editing, etc.) following the competition. Any use of the files outside of MXSimulator must be negotiated between the person intending to use the files and the files creator/owner.
• Track must have at least 20 starting gates. Dual row starts are okay.
• Preview pictures are allowed, but should only be posted in this thread. Judges (with the exception of myself) will not be told which track is which; however, if you choose to post screenshots of your track ahead of time, you will potentially give up your identity.
• Tracks should not be a resource hog. Judges reserve the right to knock points if they can't run your track. Use resources responsibly.
• When submitting, a track picture with the name of the track sized at 600x300 pixels should be included. This image should NOT include your name or allude to your identity.
• When submitting, a track map sized 960x960 showing the layout with each corner numbered must be included for judges to use when providing comments.
• When submitting, a readme.txt file should be included and feature the following info: Track Name, Track description (Under 1000 characters, explain your theme), Credits (credit those whose models, decals, etc. you used), and anyother info you want the judges to be aware of when playing your track (plays best on a certain bike or with a certain graphics setting, point out a key "free ride spot" that you wanted them to visit, etc.)
• All tracks should follow this naming convention in their Desc file. (RTC) trackname. Please include the parenthesis, no space in "RTC" space your track name (may include spaces as desired). Your folder name should reference your track name (for ease of organization), but may be named however you'd like.
• All objects, decals, skyboxes, or any other assets must be included in your track folder and referenced from your track folder. Tracks are not allowed to reference other tracks or object packs. If your track causes a server error "client track modified" you will be disqualified. If your decals or skybox, or other item is referenced that doesn't cause a server error, you may be judged without those items present. JUDGES WILL NOT DOWNLOAD ANY ADDITIONAL TRACKS OR OBJECT PACKS.
• By entering, you are giving permission to Mxrewind, MXSimulator, and/or Flowtech to release/distribute/repackage your work. Your work will only be shared with credit given to the creator(s) for download and use within MXSimulator. (I just want permission to package the tracks and host downloads as needed to distribute the tracks to the community after the contest.)
• The MXSimulator gaming community reserve the right to release screenshots, videos, and other promotional material using your track both prior to and after the public release of your track.

Prizes:
1st-A real #1 Indoor Track Plate, $50, (more may be added as my budget allows)
2nd-$25 and a few Aggressive Graphix Stickers
3rd-$15

Judging Criteria:
Fun Factor: 0-10
Environment (decals, objects, sky, lighting): 0-10
Creativity and realism (tracks will not be punished for being extremely realistic nor for being extremely creative and not realistic): 0-10
Flow (how the rhythm of the track and overall flowing is of the track. You will not be punished for tecnicality either) 0-20

Judges:
Zachery Nobrega (mxrewind665)
Sammy Holt (Holt_619)
Tony Rubio (Tony el Tigre)
Tony Spinelli (Yamahaman95)
(Alternate judge may be added)

Please note, these judges were chosen by the host because they are believed to be professional and to put any personal feelings aside to provide the most level playing field possible. Judges are not up for debate. In the event one of these judges may not be available, I reserve the right to select another judge or judges at anytime. We may have 3 to 5 judges. Judges will not be entering a track in the competition except Tony Rubio who will not partake in his judging of the track and all track submissions to the other judges other than Me (Zach) will be annon.

How to submit your entry:
• Tracks should be uploaded to Dropbox (you may use Mediafire or another hosting method to link to, but if your download does not work for the judges you may only be given a short period of time to provide a working link for the jduges) compressed in a .zip or .rar format. The link to download your track should be EMAILED to Mxrewind@hotmail.com
Your upload should include the following in the .rar or .zip file.:
• The track folder containing all of your track files for the game. Remember, no tracks should be referenced and all contents should be in your track folder.
• A track picture with the name of the track clearly visible sized at 600x300 pixels should be included. This image should NOT include your name or allude to your identity.
• A track map sized 960x960 showing the layout with each corner numbered must be included for judges to use when providing comments.
• A readme.txt file should be included and feature the following info: Track Name, Track description (Under 1000 characters, explain your theme), Credits (credit those whose models, decals, etc. you used), and any other info you want the judges to be aware of when playing your track (plays best on a certain bike or with a certain graphics setting, point out a key "free ride spot" that you wanted them to visit, etc.)
Your email submission should include the following:
• "Rewind Track Comp" in the subject line
• The name of your track (folder and in game if they are different)
• Your real name, forum name, shirt size, mailing address and email address
• The link to your submission download
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Official Indoor Track Comp. Hosted by: Rewind Track Work

Post by Wahlamt »

Thanks Zach for hosting! Will be awesome to try this out!

The only question I have.... Does anyone have a stadium (or a link), normal sx or bigger in size? Unfortunately that's one resource I don't have :(
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Wahlamt wrote:Thanks Zach for hosting! Will be awesome to try this out!

The only question I have.... Does anyone have a stadium (or a link), normal sx or bigger in size? Unfortunately that's one resource I don't have :(
Winter indoor, aussx, and shoutout along with twistmoto all have open folders for stadiums. My arenacross also has arenas all open.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Thanks a lot!
Tony el Tigre
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by Tony el Tigre »

Thanks for organizing this Nobrega. Hopefully there's a good turn out
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

Tony I hope you're making a endurocross track :D
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

hope to see a good turnout with some decent tracks. Released an FMX because I felt the mood. That can also be used as an idea as to what I mean by busy.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Just a reminder this is still on.
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Submissions will open in 3 days. Please be sure to check in the rules to follow the correct procedure on submitting it. Hope the turnout is good...
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Submission is open!
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

There is still a handful of days to submit your track. Don't forget to send it in
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Entry #1 is in hope to see more come in within the last few days of entry being open.
Juninho_Pereira19
Team: MMR Team

Post by Juninho_Pereira19 »

I have sent my track :D
If you ride a 4stroke I feel bad for you son! I got 99 problems but my valves ain't 1
mxrewind665

Post by mxrewind665 »

Juninho_Pereira19 wrote:I have sent my track :D
i have it :D
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Just sent my entry. Had to bust out some stuff past couple of days, but it was a good reason to not have another unfinished track on my harddrive. Thanks for hosting and good luck to everyone entering.