2015 MotoOption Supercross by Fly Rd 12 - Detroit

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Guggen
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 MotoOption Supercross by Fly Rd 12 - Detroit

Post by Guggen »

barrington314 wrote:If I make them too easy, the top guys will triple off the tables. I wouldnt be surprised if Tysen or a few others can already do that on some of them.
To prevent that all you would need to do is either lower the step off landing a tiny bit or make the angle on the front face of the landing slightly less abrupt so its not like your back wheel is clipping a wall throwing you into an endo. This allows you to keep the table the same and prevent fast riders from tripling. My only issue really is getting my rear wheel over step off landing.
Wahlamt wrote: From my examination of real life footage, these are really close, in my opinion. Often the rear end seems to touch the next single in real life as well as in mxsim, the only difference is that it can be hard to save such a situation in mxsim. Either you'll have to carry enough speed or do a seat bounce on these, more technical :)
You have a good point, these tracks look amazing and the step on step offs look very close to the real thing. But like you said mxsim physics make it nearly impossible for me to save a crash on these, maybe my setups just needs adjustment.

With all these being said barrington, all your tracks look amazing and I enjoy riding them. Keep it up!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Was anybody doing this during the race? Actually a pretty easy alternative to stepping onto and off of the table in case you can't get that well, and it seems to be on par with or faster than my ghost doing the main line every time I try it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Nick165

Post by Nick165 »

KTM57 wrote:
Was anybody doing this during the race? Actually a pretty easy alternative to stepping onto and off of the table in case you can't get that well, and it seems to be on par with or faster than my ghost doing the main line every time I try it.
I believe Luke Heberlein was doing it.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

Nick165 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:
I believe Luke Heberlein was doing it.
I had to do it once and I gained time on the guy in front of me. Surprisingly fast
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

I don't think the bikes ingame are that much overpowered. Just look at the triple out of the corner at 0:12 on the KTM57 video. They were jumping it so easily yesterday, even after taking the berm low.
Faster guys will always be doing unrealistic stuff. You can't ride IRL like you ride ingame. You won't see a guy IRL going full throttle before landing, and stay full throttle to jump 5, 6 or 7 jumps. Why ? Because they don't want to die.

About the on/off, they are well done IMO. The problems are that :
- IRL they push on the suspension with their legs, ingame you can just forward or backward,
- the tracks ingame are 1:1.25. With a bigger track, you have to be at higher (and therefore unrealistic) speed, then it is not a surprise if the bike has a weird reaction.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Well said Lo2Rider
mikehunt22

Post by mikehunt22 »

although their bikes are putting out around 50hp (250 class), so they have alot more power than the standard dyno's in this game.