TheTrack

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Re: TheTrack

Post by GregDearman »

Its not just a layout though, do you not realize how long it took to decal the entire track? I was on TeamViewer with Sean when he was doing it and it took hours to do the national, let alone the grass, freeride, supercross, freestyle areas. Plus all the objects, billboards and timing gates.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

GregDearman wrote:Its not just a layout though, do you not realize how long it took to decal the entire track? I was on TeamViewer with Sean when he was doing it and it took hours to do the national, let alone the grass, freeride, supercross, freestyle areas. Plus all the objects, billboards and timing gates.

I'd be pretty pissed off if someone used one of my tracks and just reshaped the track. Not saying that it couldn't be good, just than 1st off ask the creator if he's okay with it. 2nd you should give the creator approperiate credits. Giving credits doesn't take much time, doing the original tracks did.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

Wahlamt wrote: you should give the creator appropriate credits. Giving credits doesn't take much time.
Exactly.
redbull57
Team: Privateer

Post by redbull57 »

People calling these guys haters...they simply want credit for there work they put a lot of time and effort into making? Maybe it is just a layout but if it wasn't for there work on the original track you wouldn't have the layout now would you? Its a few lines on a keyboard and obviously you downloaded the orginal so you know who made and released it..
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

Well if its just a layout, how about you go make your own maybe? You dont take credit for something you didnt do..
You dont say this is one of my first tracks if you didn't do as much as even add your own decals, which is probably the most annoying thing about making a track.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

YoungProkop wrote:
ogden12 wrote:
Hydra180 wrote:sick track man! keep doin you homie and don't listen to the nerds, they'll be flowing in like water in a bit "omfg credits im gonna go jerk me and my buddies off about the layout". Unfortunately these stoned bats don't know that a "layout" is NOT proprietary lol bunch of clowns.
People put alot of time into making tracks and for someone to just edit it and not even ask for permission to release it or even just give some credit, thats just a dick move.. Its not hard just writing thanks to the creators when you release something.

Thanks for deleting my supercross track too, i didnt like it either.. it rode wank

Its just a layout guy......
you should stfu really, you're not in position to talk
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Hydra180
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Hydra180 »

You pansy clowns really get super butt hurt about this stuff, but none of you actually do anything about it but bitch and whine. This isn't IP or proprietary theft unfortunately fucktards. And the best part is that none of you can do anything about it! So what are you gonna do other than bitch and moan?

You don't want your shit out there? Don't release it. You release it on the internet, people are going to copy it and alter it. Fucking take a look at anything in life, thats how it works you fools.

Samsung isn't crediting Apple for having a fingerprint sensor and you fucking nerds are premature ejaculating about a layout hahah.
putting goons back in their place one at a time
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

You guys are always cool about it being something small until its something you made...
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Hydra180 wrote:Samsung isn't crediting Apple for having a fingerprint sensor.
No they've been going at it suing each others instead.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

I have always said I don't mind people altering my stuff (givin this isn't my work) and yes what you did to it is not my work so I won't stress. But (again this isn't mine so pretend it is) in the end I would have liked a thanks for the things you kept that I did. Ex. I edited klark mx and asked to re release it because I added rain to the track as a test for the community. I gave thanks for the track by the creator.

And as a side note. I'm pretty sure typing "credit-[enter creators name here] for the track layout" is a lot less typing then arguing and typing paragraphs on why you feel you shouldn't give a shout out.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Hydra180 wrote:You pansy clowns really get super butt hurt about this stuff, but none of you actually do anything about it but bitch and whine. This isn't IP or proprietary theft unfortunately fucktards. And the best part is that none of you can do anything about it! So what are you gonna do other than bitch and moan?

You don't want your shit out there? Don't release it. You release it on the internet, people are going to copy it and alter it. Fucking take a look at anything in life, thats how it works you fools.

Samsung isn't crediting Apple for having a fingerprint sensor and you fucking nerds are premature ejaculating about a layout hahah.
And that my friends, is why us normal people don't get the awesome content the top creators made.

Ok, people will alter stuff made but atleast give some credits to the original creators.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just a heads up, you need the original track to load all the decals and stuff and the shading hasn't been updated.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Hydra180
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Hydra180 »

mikez#411 wrote:
Hydra180 wrote:You pansy clowns really get super butt hurt about this stuff, but none of you actually do anything about it but bitch and whine. This isn't IP or proprietary theft unfortunately fucktards. And the best part is that none of you can do anything about it! So what are you gonna do other than bitch and moan?

And that my friends, is why us normal people don't get the awesome content the top creators made.

Ok, people will alter stuff made but at least give some credits to the original creators.
We get awesome content all the time you moron. It's all free too. Free to download, free to exchange, free to alter whatever the hell we want and call it our own without credits. Read a book. Go look at the app store and pick out 3 games in the top 100 that are literally 95% the same game.

This community is so toxic and it's built on sucking asses to be "cool". It's super lame to see a the dorks come out and get REAL political when really they are the problem.

Look at the bigger picture. We need as many creators as possible to have longevity in this game and when you shun the fuck out of noobies for credits (that aren't even yours to worry about in the first place), it scares them off and we lose out on great potential content.

I'm sure the original content creators can handle themselves when they have a problem with someone's release. No need for the jerk off parade and nut hugging you boys got going on here. It doesn't concern any of you in the first place so just hold your retard instinct to post next time. Stop lagging this community any longer.
putting goons back in their place one at a time
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

You know so much about the community but you've only been a member since Feb 2015? My guess you've been banned before and using an alt account and we are the toxic community?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

So, if we are making it as "Its such a small part of the track, get over it." thing then how come he couldn't do it on his own? It's just a track path, they are super easy to make right? Its just terrain elevation, it takes 5 seconds to make something like that. Its just dirt decals, follow the track path and you have the same thing. Which is exactly the point. If its so easy and non-bothersome to credit the people who originally did the work, regardless of skill level needed, why couldn't you do it in the first place? Yes, the creator commented and seemed to blow this off and I agree I wouldn't be worked up over this either but you making it out like he is not wrong is what people have a problem with. Can someone copy an idea, absolutely you can, just make sure of who you copy and what you copy. Ask Pharrell and Robin Thicke if its ok to just be 'inspired' by a song. Ask Samsung if its ok to rival your competition by taking their idea's. However, that is a patent law infringement and maybe not the best argument to have against you right?
Attorney From Reddit wrote:...(A)ll works in the US and Europe are automatically copyrighted, without the necessity of filing further paperwork, as a result of the Berne Convention, harmonizing the European "moral rights" system with the American first-to-file system.
He created, he owns it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfi ... to_almost/
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.