2015 James Stewart Compound Release By RAYDesigns

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Beast2013

2015 James Stewart Compound Release By RAYDesigns

Post by Beast2013 »

POSTING FOR RAYDesigns

Hey guys, here is my first ever track, I wanted a challenge so I made the 2015 James Stewart Compound. JLV Wont unban me so I can't release many more tracks than this, but here is a little I can release to the community. It's not surpossed to be exact ive made it with some changes so it's a bit more fun for MXS, It might be a tiny bit over sized but I don't want to change alot! Ill take alot of tips to make it better for the next updated release of the Compound.

Download Link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/gei88 ... mpound.rar

Credits
Richard de Kuijper - For helping me understand everything!
Jake Rose - For helping me with the decal map!
JLV - For making this awesome game (Unban me so I can make more tracks lol)

Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/RAY-Desi ... age_bubble
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: 2015 James Stewart Compound Release By RAYDesigns

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Looks kinda of nice
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

First off, decals. The supercross tracks have the same decals, no matter where you are on the track, It's super hard to see which part you're supposed to go to next. For the environment, the decals just feel placed there, with not real intention why. The mx track feels better with decals, mainly because you have a track to follow along.

The Sx tracks:
The jumps on the sx tracks feels really randomly placed. The seems to be put out 1 by 1, all of them. You can't really make out where it's supposed to be a rhythm triple or not. I noticed at the red sx track, after what may be the "finish line" jump, the step on/off, you can't step off.. You go into 2 "singles" that are both pretty much walls. At one other section you have outside and inside lines after a turn. The inside is a small bump and than a "rhythm triple". If you go outside, you get a kicker like "double in", the only problem is that you hit another wall. So SX tracks in general would need more "soul" and flow.

Mx Track:
This track is clearly better, since you can go a longer distance with somewhat of a flow. However the bumps/breaking jumps seems just randomly placed since they're not all lap around. Many of the jumps faces are very round, not sure why. It gives you a strange feeling rather than have a little sharper edge at the takeoff and maintaining the same height side to side across the jump.

The lack of terrain is a little disappointing. Half of the feeling around the JS7 compound is the big building (garage?). My suggestion to anyone starting to make tracks is wait with replicas. They ARE hard, especially since you can't do what you want on them, if you want to have a realistic result. My recommendation to you in the future is make some regular mx tracks, gain experience and acquire more advanced techniques.

I've tried to be somewhat constructive in my critique. Keep doing tracks, and don't rush them. The more time you take, the better it will be! :)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

You were very constructive, there's no case against you.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MaicoBreako

Post by MaicoBreako »

The jumps aren't very well formed, but the ruts and bumps are awesome, although some people may think they are in weird places. It is really hard to follow the flow of the supercross and motocross tracks.
jlv wrote:
jduuuub wrote: bullshit.
I shit you not!
GDubs18
Team: Privateer

Post by GDubs18 »

No
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

GDubs18 wrote:No
Well that's very helpful. This is his first ever track, commenting "no" is not in any way helpful. If you want him to make more/better tracks tell him what he needs to improve on and what is good.
PS If you going comment useless stuff like this keep it to yourself
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

Looks like a 2nd grade art project.

I'd be REALLY impressed if you were a 2nd grader, but I have my doubts. Nothing stands out to me, maybe they'll get better with practice.
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

GDubs18 wrote:No
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

So mean, gotta love this community honestly.

If you have the time & motivation to be productive then i reckon you should spend time and make small adjustments to your track as you go along,
fixen up rough edges etc..