2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post by checkerz »

Were you referring to section on right of your pic? That section was shortened a couple years ago.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

checkerz wrote:To be fair, there was no overlay for the new sections for Tony to use. I did cut the width on many of them a good bit. The finish straight is straight from my old base so that's my bad. Start gates I'm not sure. I did rush a flat pad. This update is better than no update and is good enough to be used in my opinion.
Correct, Awood, you need to realize that most overlay information comes from google earth, (as of right now). The new layout was not available on google earth since they only update it every few years or so. Hopefully as the new litpro information comes out and tracks will be 99.99999% accurate.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I think the track is certainly fun. And it sucks that the finishing pieces of it had to be so rushed. However, as a finished product goes and replica I think its a step backwards from the original one thats been used. I can understand wanting your own base though and the process of getting it "right" can take more than 1 shot at it. (im still not happy with budds as a replica and its base is 2 years old going on 3.) Im just confused, like awood I think was trying to point out, how it was built using the previous years tracks ortho overlay but doesnt follow the orthos track path in some spots. This is not a dig at anyone, Im actually not sure of who did what on the terrain.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

but agreed on the step back imo
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Ahh I get it. That's just because race used the old overlay for decals and not the map that was built off. The one built off wasn't available.

The old layout yfmx had to wing a bit because it was before the time of quality overlays.

And I know neither of you are taking digs
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

checkerz wrote:That's just because race used the old overlay for decals and not the map that was built off. The one built off wasn't available.
dis is why we need litpro.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Some one fucked something up the lag is real :shock:
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

i dont think the quality of the overlay matters. You can make a quality to scale track without an overlay
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

Loving this track guys, awesome job
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Track is sweet, best Highpoint yet! I love the changes, opens up the track a lot. Thanks for the hard work boys 8)
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

AWood wrote:i dont think the quality of the overlay matters. You can make a quality to scale track without an overlay
You can, but it also depends on time and the quality of information you have. Considering the track was barely done on Sunday evening, i'm surprised it got done to a point where it was race-able.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

AWood wrote:i dont think the quality of the overlay matters. You can make a quality to scale track without an overlay
Yes. The original high point is a great example. It's just much harder. Perhaps it verifies why in the past we've pushed others away from helping. But I think new tracks are important to keep interest and without new people it won't happen. Haggqvist DJ Gio and DJD are gone. Stephen and I are pretty burnt. So we will go this route and learn from our mistakes. Like, from now on anyone doing updates will have to submit the track atleast two weeks prior to the event to be used. Otherwise we risk ruining SMR and Wheels and Stephen and myself completely from making any new tracks happen.

Let's be careful not to crap on those who don't just complain but step up to help. Much like the help you (bent wood) have provided in the past.

Would you really rather race the same High Point again even with huge layout changes vs the new version? Even though I agree the old version is in my opinion a landmark track and one of the best this game has seen?

Your answer is your opinion and I can't argue your opinion.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

checkerz wrote:Like, from now on anyone doing updates will have to submit the track atleast two weeks prior to the event to be used.
Racers52 wrote:Considering the track was barely done on Sunday evening, i'm surprised it got done to a point where it was race-able.
LEL
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Cody Darr wrote:
checkerz wrote:Like, from now on anyone doing updates will have to submit the track atleast two weeks prior to the event to be used.
Racers52 wrote:Considering the track was barely done on Sunday evening, i'm surprised it got done to a point where it was race-able.
LEL
to be fair, Tonys pc did implode. Poor guy
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Time for more lawns Tony! Turn the headlights on...
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!