2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post by Lnxa »

m121c wrote: What I can't rap my mind around, and this is my biggest point, is why we have to look for cheater lines? Just ride the track like it is supposed to be ridden! If you look for a problem you get a problem.
Sorry that i went look at one jump to see if i could do a low line that was inside the stakes and happened to see a timing gate that went 15 feet off the side of the track, What you don't understand is that if i didn't tell Barrington that night for it to be fixed there would have been kids that are 10 seconds off of my laps me beating me in qualifying if i wasn't doing them. So instead of qualifying top 3 i would have been around 15th or something, I'm not gonna let a bunch of slow guys beat me because of a cut. The other problem is not only top guys but guys that get close to 36th every week would have to do it just to have a chance at qualifying in.

I had only glanced over the timing gates after Barrington fixed the main shitty ones and thought all the cuts were gone but Awood seemed to find more but waited to tell anyone after qualifying was over and still ended up 2 seconds off my time :lol:
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
m121c

Post by m121c »

You must not have seen that I said I understand it can be frustrating for the serious (sometimes to serious) players. I get it gate pick is important to you and so is your laptime. If everyone else is cutting then by all means go ahead if you get caught you get caught, obviously it's not something you will get away with in the race, so the better riders will still prevail.

It usually doesn't help your case at all either when you jump from TS to TS explaining to everyone that timing gates allow you to cut 10 seconds off a lap and describing to people how to do it. I mean come on use some common sense.

I'm thinking end of the week protests for things caught in qualifying would be pretty good? It would probably be out of control for the a few weeks but after a few bans then people will catch on. I remember the Phat areancross days where the bans were strict enough the only you could do was race the right way... seemed to work out after you flushed out the bad eggs.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

So who's gonna start up the gofundme thread for the full LITpro? :lol: I'm down to donate some money for the better of sim nationals.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Hahahah jesse fuck you! I even ran my fastest lap of the week during the race! If I did ever cut in qualifying i might actually beat you on a track with this many cuts! Normally I could use a cut and you're still faster than me.

But yeah. Jesse seems to be the only one here with a brain, or maybe mason you just don't get it. You keep having this "if you don't cut the timing gates don't matter. And saying it only effects top guys. The only big cut I can remember top riders using is the glen helen finish cheat and the muddy creek line. Me leclair used it in his hot lap qualifying video.

What you don't understand mason is that you can lay down 60 timing gates on a national track and make 0 cuts that would gain any time. While having the gates inside the objects. You don't want them on the stakes. You want them on immovable u cuttable objects just outside the stakes. I could get a track and have the 60 gates done and ready within 3-5 minutes of opening editor. It's not hard. And definitely not time consuming. Let's see. AWOOD approach of 3-5min timing gate job and no worries whatsoever during races, qualifying, and have the servers lap records hold up for years and years. Or the mason approach where we devote manpower to patrolling the servers and have protests every week for qualifying. You're ridiculous and this is the one argument I've had where I literally am shocked by your inability to side with me and understand. Oh well. You seem to think me and jesse check timing gates for cuts when really it's because we have doubts on the track makers, or don't want to fuck ourselves or warn our friends about a misplaced gate
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

760Liam wrote:So who's gonna start up the gofundme thread for the full LITpro? :lol: I'm down to donate some money for the better of sim nationals.
It was a thought that crossed my mind. But lets wait and see how it works for sure. And/or if I also get a reply to my inquiry with them. It would suck to buy one for that sole purpose and still not be able to pull the maps.
m121c

Post by m121c »

AWood wrote:Hahahah jesse fuck you! I even ran my fastest lap of the week during the race! If I did ever cut in qualifying i might actually beat you on a track with this many cuts! Normally I could use a cut and you're still faster than me.

But yeah. Jesse seems to be the only one here with a brain, or maybe mason you just don't get it. You keep having this "if you don't cut the timing gates don't matter. And saying it only effects top guys. The only big cut I can remember top riders using is the glen helen finish cheat and the muddy creek line. Me leclair used it in his hot lap qualifying video.

What you don't understand mason is that you can lay down 60 timing gates on a national track and make 0 cuts that would gain any time. While having the gates inside the objects. You don't want them on the stakes. You want them on immovable u cuttable objects just outside the stakes. I could get a track and have the 60 gates done and ready within 3-5 minutes of opening editor. It's not hard. And definitely not time consuming. Let's see. AWOOD approach of 3-5min timing gate job and no worries whatsoever during races, qualifying, and have the servers lap records hold up for years and years. Or the mason approach where we devote manpower to patrolling the servers and have protests every week for qualifying. You're ridiculous and this is the one argument I've had where I literally am shocked by your inability to side with me and understand. Oh well. You seem to think me and jesse check timing gates for cuts when really it's because we have doubts on the track makers, or don't want to fuck ourselves or warn our friends about a misplaced gate
You seem to miss my point same as Jesse. The track is not "shit" by it's timing gates as you have proposed through the last few pages, if you would download the track, ride it within where you are supposed to and nothing wrong happens then what is the issue? Just don't fucking cut the damn track. It's that simple.. crazy isn't it? If they are willing to cheat for a qualy time then they obviously probably aren't good racers to begin with and should be banned anyways, so I say ya have protests for qualifying and weed out the bad eggs.

I know how a timing gate works, but my question is do you? Yes you can place 60 or even 80 or what ever to your hearts content BUT the chances of missing one go up very quick. Take Glen Helen (Ah I knew I got your attention) for instance if you have 10-15 gates around the hills so you don't climb the walls or ride a smooth line outside the stakes, what happens when you crash at a high speed and cartwheel past 2-3 timing gates? Or you get punted by a flying goon? You have to give breathing room but with that also comes less timing gates. I don't know if they cost performance but one would think the more you have there has to be a hit on performance somehow.

Oh and let's not get started on the whole annoying auto-align. Your bike will be confused as shit when you cartwheel past one or get pushed off the track and you will have to go backwards to go back through it to avoid penalty. Now in some spots on the track that may not be a good option because it may force you to come on the track in a bad spot. Please explain how that is to any benefit and worth the extra work? For your weekly dick measuring contest in qualifying? Big deal.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

m121c wrote:
AWood wrote:Hahahah jesse fuck you! I even ran my fastest lap of the week during the race! If I did ever cut in qualifying i might actually beat you on a track with this many cuts! Normally I could use a cut and you're still faster than me.

You seem to miss my point same as Jesse. The track is not "shit" by it's timing gates as you have proposed through the last few pages, if you would download the track, ride it within where you are supposed to and nothing wrong happens then what is the issue? Just don't fucking cut the damn track. It's that simple.. crazy isn't it? If they are willing to cheat for a qualy time then they obviously probably aren't good racers to begin with and should be banned anyways, so I say ya have protests for qualifying and weed out the bad eggs.

I know how a timing gate works, but my question is do you? Yes you can place 60 or even 80 or what ever to your hearts content BUT the chances of missing one go up very quick. Take Glen Helen (Ah I knew I got your attention) for instance if you have 10-15 gates around the hills so you don't climb the walls or ride a smooth line outside the stakes, what happens when you crash at a high speed and cartwheel past 2-3 timing gates? Or you get punted by a flying goon? You have to give breathing room but with that also comes less timing gates. I don't know if they cost performance but one would think the more you have there has to be a hit on performance somehow.

Oh and let's not get started on the whole annoying auto-align. Your bike will be confused as shit when you cartwheel past one or get pushed off the track and you will have to go backwards to go back through it to avoid penalty. Now in some spots on the track that may not be a good option because it may force you to come on the track in a bad spot. Please explain how that is to any benefit and worth the extra work? For your weekly dick measuring contest in qualifying? Big deal.
I think you're retarded. The track is shit for far more reasons than the timing gates. lol. and only saying its "shit" again because thats how you're referring to it still.

Yeah i know how gates are. but if i saw a bad timing gate on gh i would have said something. the only time i've moved a timing gate when beta'ing a barrington track is if i was moving a statue that was wrongly placed, which happens like, never. Non retarded placer = non retarded gates = no fixing. The goal when track making is actually to use the MINIMUM amount of gates to get the job done. Also if you run auto allign on MX you're probably bad at the game.

once again you're saying "dont fuckingg cut the damn track" like im the one doing it. you're missing the whole point. We're not seeing if people are WILLING to cheat, and then banning and protesting. Spend 5 minutes per track to make gates that are IMPOSSIBLE to cheat and the whole problem is solved.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Didnt know I was retarded, thanks for informing me.