2015 Motosport rF National Round 11: Utah

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: 2015 Motosport rF National Round 11: Utah

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Wasn't initially going to post, but I feel the need to add some context.

I"m the mysterious donor Chex is referring to, and I want to just add my 2 cents since this has somehow turned into a "well what did he do with the money" conversation. Let me first note that I am not a pro rider, work a full time job which doesn't afford me the time to stay up and race AM's or anything else for that matter. I merely came across this game a few years back, have continued to enjoy it more and more from day 1, and don't feel that I can genuinely make a contribution to the community by track creation/editing/etc. That is why I have chosen to donate. Not to get tracks early or have anything special given my way whatsoever, and I would assume the others who have donated would echo that sentiment.

I say this with all sincerity - I wasn't donating to Chris under the pretext that he was going to split out X amount to each person. I was donating because I really enjoy and appreciate the effort that is put into these replica's - and his overall contributions to the community, in general, as well. The thought "How will this be divvied out?" never crossed my mind, because as I saw it, if he can be entrusted to make these tracks, have involvement on some level with the race organizing, and be a well known member of this community (and not for the wrong reasons, as others have), then I could trust him to do what he felt was best with my donation. If he ended up keeping it all for himself, which wasn't the case, then that was his call, but I had done my small part to contribute.

Stephen - as I wrote to Chris in my email, I would like to pass a little your way, as well. I hadn't considered your perspective of it being like "begging for money," but I guess I can see how you might feel that way. That was never my intent. I greatly appreciate your contributions to the community as well, and had a hell of a lot of fun on this years SX tracks. Please reach out to me in whatever way you are most comfortable with if you would like - my offer still stands.

- Justin
Aggressively Mediocre Image
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz wrote: I thought we were on the same team with that, but perhaps I'm blind. I guess that is what happens when a few dollars get involved. If you'd like the $40 I kept out of all the donations, you can have it. PM me your email address.
I feel like you made this all a competition a long time ago. I dont really feel a "team" atmosphere with you or your little buddies. In fact one in particular thats on the same "team" trash talks me on your public live stream. I dont get respect from anyone in teamspeak, so I dont take part in that. But I still have came to you to offer my help with your tracks were coming out late. Right? Yet you couldn't take care of the paypal stuff like you did for your teamspeak gang. Even text Wheels in the same group chat that Im in and asked for his paypal. Yet I and SMR need to email someone we have never talked to to ask for our share. I'd rather have more respect than the money. And its not you thats blind, its the majority of the community.
checkerz wrote:Barrington chose to not receive donations. (which in turn fucked SMR).
I sent the same message to SMR after that. He therefore has that same email address to beg for money. I talk to SMR alot more than anyone else. Him and I are on the same page, believe me.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:I don't see any reason that it cant be. Do you?
If you want things to be professional you wouldn't have brought the topic up publicly to begin with. Lead by example. If you had an issue with someone you can discuss with them and solve the situation in a professional manner privately. This could have been solved in a two minute conversation at the time of the skype conversation. Instead it was left aside and posted publicly in frustration when the other party had no prior information about your frustration. What gets me is at the time of the conversation you come off as being upbeat and cool with the situation and now all of the sudden it is an issue and you need to make it public?
AWood wrote:There's way more people outside that list who have had multiple tracks early so tighten up your group a little. I don't have the time to reply to all your bullshit but your quad post with middle finger included shows your maturity. Someone photoshop me and Barrington up against 50 people defending some idol they worship
AWood, you start the whole argument to begin with and now you get upset that people are jumping down your throat? Seriously?
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Thanks for posting Justin. I didn't see it before I made that last post.
The way it came off to me was that checkerz was taking care of everyone except the 2 that arguably do the most of the not so fun work there is to do on getting these tracks out. Mix that with some other statements going around and the post about being "the guy" just kind of all got under my skin today.
My problem with the way these donations are is kind of like I said above. The community is quite blinded. And thats not an insult. They just wouldnt know whats involved. Some rounds maybe 10 people had a part in it. Others maybe only 3. The point is that I dont think people realize who does what or how much of it they do. IMO the more people involved, the more difficult it gets.

Hi Im Skyqe wrote: What gets me is at the time of the conversation you come off as being upbeat and cool with the situation and now all of the sudden it is an issue and you need to make it public?
because the more i thought about it and then realized that he also asked for wheels paypal in a group text but not mine or smr's made me wonder what was really the deal and why we were left on the back burner for ourselves.
I never intended for this donation discussion to come about. It was more about the "trustworthy environment", and "the oversee'er" part. Again, i dont care about the money. I just want all of us to be on the same page, team, respect level. That has clearly been lost.

I'm going to try and be done here for the day. Hosting tonight so I'd like to do some things before then. :wink:
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:Thanks for posting Justin. I didn't see it before I made that last post.
The way it came off to me was that checkerz was taking care of everyone except the 2 that arguably do the most of the not so fun work there is to do on getting these tracks out. Mix that with some other statements going around and the post about being "the guy" just kind of all got under my skin today.
My problem with the way these donations are is kind of like I said above. The community is quite blinded. And thats not an insult. They just wouldnt know whats involved. Some rounds maybe 10 people had a part in it. Others maybe only 3. The point is that I dont think people realize who does what or how much of it they do. IMO the more people involved, the more difficult it gets.

Hi Im Skyqe wrote: What gets me is at the time of the conversation you come off as being upbeat and cool with the situation and now all of the sudden it is an issue and you need to make it public?
because the more i thought about it and then realized that he also asked for wheels paypal in a group text but not mine or smr's made me wonder what was really the deal and why we were left on the back burner for ourselves.
I never intended for this donation discussion to come about. It was more about the "trustworthy environment", and "the oversee'er" part. Again, i dont care about the money. I just want all of us to be on the same page, team, respect level. That has clearly been lost.

I'm going to try and be done here for the day. Hosting tonight so I'd like to do some things before then. :wink:
Regardless, my point was there is a way of dealing with things in a professional manner. I feel that was thrown out the window in the first post. If it was me I would be making a post in the other forum to get everyone on the same page right now.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Can someone send AWood indiana so this argument dissolves?
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Please, god no. He'll probably try to make changes and ruin it
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

After playing the track a bunch thinking that after time the track would get better I've concluded that the track is just bad, The track might have been good running 2:10's on a keyboard but not if you're trying to actually go fast. Tons of messed up edges and just random stuff that shouldn't be on the track, sorry to tell you the hard truth and not just telling you great track like everyone else does. :roll:
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I like the track. Some ruts are a bit weird but I think overall it has a good feel to it. If you start to go unrealistically fast, that's when you explode off the bike. I dunno.

One thing I dislike is the jumbotron. I have a GTX 970 and it still drops my frame rate like crazy when I go near it. Is there a .jm I can throw in the folder to make it just not be on the track without having to download the low res version or turn my model detail way down?
craigmx37
Crushed Dissenter

Post by craigmx37 »

just try the low res track. Its pretty much the same thing.
#mileycyrusftw
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

craigmx37 wrote:just try the low res track. Its pretty much the same thing.
Except it looks like garbage.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

aeffertz wrote:
You're racing on it, not making a 4k video
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

DBRider251 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
You're racing on it, not making a 4k video
I spent a lot of money on my PC to be able to play with nice graphics. I think that jumbotron is just a really high poly model or something.

Playing low res tracks is equivalent to an early PS2 game.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I have a 970 and run medium every week. Unfortunately, the 970 just isn't enough to run ultra res objects, high res track, maxed graphics, and 40 people. But, you're to download the version you can run for a reason. I have noticed no hiccups with the jumbo tron, but I also haven't tried the high res track
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

mxsrider96 wrote:I have a 970 and run medium every week. Unfortunately, the 970 just isn't enough to run ultra res objects, high res track, maxed graphics, and 40 people. But, you're to download the version you can run for a reason. I have noticed no hiccups with the jumbo tron, but I also haven't tried the high res track
I don't expect it to do that, I'm talking high res object pack, high res track, single player. Whenever I'm over by that section of the track it loses mad FPS. Other tracks are smooth as can be with current settings. Just trying to help out the creators or see if anyone else has this issue.

I use medium res version for the rf races, but for everything else the high res works fine.