Checkerzville MX Park - (MX, SX, AX)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: Checkerzville MX Park - (MX, SX, AX)

Post by Ohagan75 »

checkerz wrote:Can you explain how selling content is better for keeping people from ripping it versus just releasing it to the community for free? (I'm not being a smart ass, I'm guessing you have a point and I am not seeing what it could be and am genuinely curious.)
I can understand that releasing it for free will eliminate ripping, but having exclusive content whether it be for your team, personal use or just in general is what makes you stand out from the crowd so to speak, and that's what people want, and that's why people pay for work that isn't available to the public. Selling content (for the right price) eliminates people passing around files they have purchased, while giving the creator an incentive for giving people the opportunity to get their hands on their work early. As a creator selling your work you can only hope that the price you set is high enough that people won't pass around files to their friends, whilst still being low enough that people will still buy it. You saw it with Jay's KTM, $50 dollars and people still passed it around and it eventually got released, and now people are sooking that he is going to charge $100 for his KX.

And I'm not saying this to be rude Chris but selling tracks, and selling models are two completely different things, like I have said before. People want the customization that templates and source files offer.

Also I just wanna add that everything that I make is made because I want to make it simple as that, and I'm sure Jay and Mason are the same, so it makes no sense when people say that you should make content for enjoyment and not for money, because do you honestly believe that people start projects simply to make money? Everyone here knows sim isn't a way to earn an income, but some profit is nice for your hard work when you have upwards of 20 pms a week from kids wanting the psd to your work. I've had multiple people pm me about buying stuff that I haven't even mentioned of selling or releasing free, simply because they want it for their team, and when they offer up money whether it be $10 or $100 dollars, it's always going to be hard to say no to making money from something that started as a hobby.
Donate if you like My Creations
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Am i the only one that goes back to the very first pages in the topics just to see what the community was like back then compared to now. Pretty shitty in my eyes to see what it has become. Everything worked so much smoother back then. When people created stuff they werent told how much a certain thing sucked or a were given a tonne of reasons why they shouldnt have released their skin/model/track. They were just told how to improve them but they were also told how amazing they were for doing that. You dont get that anymore. If you do its from the guys that were around back in those days that know whats involved. I look at the topics today and majority of the time people ask for the psd or blend straight up, they dont even bother about telling them 'amazing work'.

Im not a creator but i know that if it was that easy every single person in this 'community' would be doing it. No one gets enough credit these days.

In the long run money was never the problem. It was the people.

#ripmxs
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Crossflow is right. Back in the days it was way more friendly with constructive criticism instead of the bullshit thats around these days. Anyways, thank you for all your free content over the years! I'm still riding some tracks from you which you released a couple years ago.
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
JeremyMx21
Team: Privateer

Post by JeremyMx21 »

Ohagan75 wrote:
JeremyMx21 wrote:All of these new creators coming out and demanding payment for content need to stop and take example of how content for this game has always worked.
Paid content is not the way this game has or ever will work.
Paid content came about because of kids ripping people work. You say all these new creators, yet Mason and Jay (the ones you are inadvertently talking about) have been around for years and have seen how the general attitude of the community has shifted from what it used to be, before you were even around. You mention that paid content has never worked but that has been because it has never been needed, but with the way the community acts about ripping and that sort of thing, it may be the only option for keeping work from being ripped and passed around.
Well i did say New creators Mason & Jay obviously are not new creators so i was not "inadvertently talking" about them.
I was mainly talking about things like what checkerz linked, and people not appreciating the free content creators release.
Also
I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it, just in my opinion paid content does not stop/change ripping or stealing. Its proven not to work in real life what would make anyone think it would be different for sim.
People could find other ways to help prevent ripping, charging for something is about making money not about trying to prevent stealing.
And to be honest i think if people are really so concerned about things being ripped then why even release content, I have zero respect for people who rip others work but
People release content to the community so that the community can use it and enjoy it. If someone so chooses to rip something then fuck them they obviously have no creativity of their own but people will always be that way in any aspect of life i do not think that will change unless there is a penalty for those who chose to do that, but money can not be the penalty that will not help change things.
I am not here to start any arguments i am just here to voice my opinion and to say thank you to the creators who release amazing free user content.
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

CrossFlow Racing#16 wrote:Am i the only one that goes back to the very first pages in the topics just to see what the community was like back then compared to now. Pretty shitty in my eyes to see what it has become. Everything worked so much smoother back then. When people created stuff they werent told how much a certain thing sucked or a were given a tonne of reasons why they shouldnt have released their skin/model/track. They were just told how to improve them but they were also told how amazing they were for doing that. You dont get that anymore. If you do its from the guys that were around back in those days that know whats involved. I look at the topics today and majority of the time people ask for the psd or blend straight up, they dont even bother about telling them 'amazing work'.

Im not a creator but i know that if it was that easy every single person in this 'community' would be doing it. No one gets enough credit these days.

In the long run money was never the problem. It was the people.

#ripmxs
It's not only the sim community though it's becoming a world wide thing nowadays; with people thinking their better than the next and that everything has to be perfect. It's sad to see in all honesty, it sad to even think about.
Fair Play.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

I like the track man. Rides well and looks great. Thank you. I do agree with you to an extent. It's sorta shitty especially when you take months on a track 500+ download and not 1 person comments "thanks" or no feedback. Just take and run.
Huntermx164
Team: D&H

Post by Huntermx164 »

Waiting on my download to finish checkerz but I don't even have to wonder if its going to be a good track because every single track you have ever made, I fell in love with! You have always had awesome flow and rhythm in every one of your tracks. Ive been around since the game came out hence uid number 379 is mine and ever since you started making tracks Checkerz ive rode them as I came on and off from playing and have always looked forward to your next upcoming track. I want to thank you for all the hard work you've put into tracks over the years man. I also want to thank you for releasing such great work for FREE. People really do take it for granted by ripping, pointing out the negatives and not even giving any tips for help, or not even saying thank you. But Checkerz I hope and pray that you do release more tracks free in the near future cuz man, you can really make tracks! Thanks again for all the sick tracks and not to mention the work you've done to give us the opportunity for supercross races online! Thanks man, and God bless!
6th-2016 rF Lites Pro FAMmx Fall Cup
14th-2016 rF Lites Pro MotoOption Supercross
1st-2015 FAMmx Fall Cup 250 Amateur
1st-2015 FAMmx Fall Cup 450 Amateur

tg556
Team: ThreeFiftyOne Racing

Post by tg556 »

Thanks man all the tracks are sick. i love the mx track
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Unfortunately, if you come into this community and make content in hopes of getting compliments, or constructive criticism. You are in the wrong place, back in the old days....it was a wholeeeee different story. But times have changed, so why shouldn't the creators?
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Jack175
Team: YouTube Racing

Post by Jack175 »

Can someone help with this?
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Ohagan75 wrote:I didn't realise Chris needed every single person to say "thank you, good job" on every track download of his...

Just because people don't post their thanks, doesn't meant they aren't thankful.
You're taking things way too literal. Yes, people can still appreciate stuff without posting their thanks, but, I know that probably close to 25% of the people who downloaded all 113 of Chris' tracks took it for granted
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Ohagan75 wrote: I can understand that releasing it for free will eliminate ripping, but having exclusive content whether it be for your team, personal use or just in general is what makes you stand out from the crowd so to speak, and that's what people want.
Wasn't this why JLV spent time creating SCRAM files?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Jack175 wrote:Can someone help with this?
Have you tried re-downloading? Looks like an error with your download.
MrMx198
Team: FlowTech

Post by MrMx198 »

Amazing tracks Checkerz! Having a lot of fun on each one of them! Thanks for all your hard work on each track you've made, really appreciate it! Sad to hear you may not release anymore like this but I understand. Hopefully people will start appreciating free content more. Thanks again for everything Checkerz!
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Thanks Checkerz. These are now some of my favorite tracks.