Niklas Sandbox NATIONAL

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: Niklas Sandbox NATIONAL

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

m121c wrote:What if we had a topic where you can report someone (with proof of-course) for sharing, selling, or trading content that is paid content? Publicly shame them, and then they can get the punishment they deserve racing wise.

If they are going to be a nuisance to the community, chances are they are a nuisance to the racing as well. Might as well take their privileges away ahead of time, they show no respect to other members, creators specifically, why should they be allowed to race/use content that are put on by creators, hosts, etc. I know Chris and I were discussing this, and I think he has the same outlook that this kids that do this shouldn't be allowed to take part in community organized events.
Good Idea that I can get behind. Don't see how knowing who these bad eggs are can hurt.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
KalleGarpedal347
Team: Privateer

Post by KalleGarpedal347 »

I LOVE IT!! So worth the money!!
ThatWhiteGuy
Team: #Goonsquad

Post by ThatWhiteGuy »

I feel like the guy that ran the pay to play straight rhythm set a precedent for paid tracks and that is scaring me a bit... I am not a fan of paying extra money ontop of a base cost for any game, games today are getting too expensive and I really do not want to see "microtransactions" of a sort coming out, I do not think anybody likes those...
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

ThatWhiteGuy wrote:I feel like the guy that ran the pay to play straight rhythm set a precedent for paid tracks and that is scaring me a bit... I am not a fan of paying extra money ontop of a base cost for any game, games today are getting too expensive and I really do not want to see "microtransactions" of a sort coming out, I do not think anybody likes those...
Checkerz didn't make anyone pay for that track. He made people pay to race. Everyone with the game has the ability to play both the race version and qualifying version of straight rhythm. And, both Checkerz and Byron pointed out that they do not want to see their races become a standard for paying to race. They hoped that something like this would not happen
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

ThatWhiteGuy wrote:I feel like the guy that ran the pay to play straight rhythm set a precedent for paid tracks and that is scaring me a bit...
Incase you missed it, the track was released for free.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37346

And the precedent was set well before with "pay for models".
ThatWhiteGuy

Post by ThatWhiteGuy »

checkerz wrote:
ThatWhiteGuy wrote:I feel like the guy that ran the pay to play straight rhythm set a precedent for paid tracks and that is scaring me a bit...
Incase you missed it, the track was released for free.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37346

And the precedent was set well before with "pay for models".
Sorry, apparently I was wrong, I usually dont pay a ton of attention to the forums since people here seem to take the game way too seriously and I get shouted at whenever I think differently...

Y'all were the first I heard of charging people for stuff in Sim, which I do not mind if you are not putting a barrier up. I would much rather have people link an optional donation button under tracks they make so people that can afford to and appreciate the work can support the creators, but forcing people to pay is a bit scary considering there is no real backing of anyones money here so scams could be a problem, and knowing most of the people in my comments sections theres a good chance people will be buying tracks they cannot run and losing their money to something they cant enjoy anyway. Sorry to Checkerz who I assume made the straight rhythm and I think Bryan from the monster cup, probably botched the names as I dont get involved in this community too much/often for various reasons.

Note to anyone reading this: Forcing people to buy your tracks loses you some serious brownie points.
pay2021

Post by pay2021 »

Amazing! worth every cent!

BTW, i made a camera file

autofovsize 15
gate 0 1
addcamera 173 5 394

fov 25
gate 2
addcamera 390 7 610

autofovsize 15
gate 3 4 5
addcamera 258 15 938

autofovsize 15
gate 6 7
addcamera 583 15 576

fov 25
gate 8 9
addcamera 591 7 724

fov 15
gate 10 11
addcamera 752 15 949

fov 15
gate 12 13
addcamera 937 10 877

autofovsize 15
gate 14 15 16
addcamera 892 30 581

autofovsize 15
gate 17 18 19
addcamera 665 15 404

fov 15
gate 20 21 22
addcamera 763 15 201

fov 15
gate 23 24 25 26
addcamera 380 15 228

checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

ThatWhiteGuy wrote: Sorry, apparently I was wrong, I usually dont pay a ton of attention to the forums since people here seem to take the game way too seriously and I get shouted at whenever I think differently...

Y'all were the first I heard of charging people for stuff in Sim, which I do not mind if you are not putting a barrier up. I would much rather have people link an optional donation button under tracks they make so people that can afford to and appreciate the work can support the creators, but forcing people to pay is a bit scary considering there is no real backing of anyones money here so scams could be a problem, and knowing most of the people in my comments sections theres a good chance people will be buying tracks they cannot run and losing their money to something they cant enjoy anyway. Sorry to Checkerz who I assume made the straight rhythm and I think Bryan from the monster cup, probably botched the names as I dont get involved in this community too much/often for various reasons.

Note to anyone reading this: Forcing people to buy your tracks loses you some serious brownie points.
No apologies needed. I know you're trying to bring content and new faces to the community through your channel.

The whole "donation" thing was tried for a year before any paid event. The fact is, it raised very, very, very little while others in the community were getting all the free content that was keeping the community alive and well and then selling their content making thousands. That didn't sit well.

I agree with your point about scams and what not, which is just another piece of the problem with selling any physical goods in this community. It doesn't go well because it isn't managable. That is why i chose to release the track for free (besides the fact I want the community to continue to be here and have content) versus straight up charging for the track.

At the same point, this track has a video to show the track and just like buying pretty much anything except a car, there really isn't a "test drive" option on goods. You buy a new game at the store or a new toothbrush and that is that. You may love it, you may hate it, but you pay for it and get what you get.
ThatWhiteGuy

Post by ThatWhiteGuy »

checkerz wrote:
ThatWhiteGuy wrote: Sorry, apparently I was wrong, I usually dont pay a ton of attention to the forums since people here seem to take the game way too seriously and I get shouted at whenever I think differently...

No apologies needed. I know you're trying to bring content and new faces to the community through your channel.

The whole "donation" thing was tried for a year before any paid event. The fact is, it raised very, very, very little while others in the community were getting all the free content that was keeping the community alive and well and then selling their content making thousands. That didn't sit well.

I agree with your point about scams and what not, which is just another piece of the problem with selling any physical goods in this community. It doesn't go well because it isn't managable. That is why i chose to release the track for free (besides the fact I want the community to continue to be here and have content) versus straight up charging for the track.

At the same point, this track has a video to show the track and just like buying pretty much anything except a car, there really isn't a "test drive" option on goods. You buy a new game at the store or a new toothbrush and that is that. You may love it, you may hate it, but you pay for it and get what you get.

That is not entirely true about the "no test drive" option for games at least any more, at least steam lets you get a refund if you buy a game expecting something good and it turns out to be the opposite.
TeamShortBus276
Team: MX Formula

Post by TeamShortBus276 »

I'm not buying at the moment because I know there is no way my PC will run it. I run with objects at 0 and still run like 40 fps on most tracks. Make like a super low res and I will buy it.
Phathry25 wrote:Are you sure you didn't mean to make your name YFZ-Mark?
Husky438

Post by Husky438 »

This guy using 3D software that costs three fucking thousand dollars to make tracks for this game and people on here gonna bitch because he asked for $3 damn dollars. No, I don't want to see this become a thing either but my god look at the amount of work he's putting in using this process. This is some triple A quality work. He's taking this game to the next level so maybe if the people complaining would support him he could make more tracks, fine tune the process, and be able to teach others how to do it. It's like anything that is new technology, it cost money, then after it has become adapted and widely used it drops in price. In this case 3D scanned tracks will be old news and no one will charge for them. The bottom line is if you aren't using $3k dollar software, crating amazing work, and advancing this game for the future, then stop complaining.
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

Husky438 wrote:This guy using 3D software that costs three fucking thousand dollars
*cough*
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

Definitely worth the money. Once I get a paypal, definitely going to go buy this track. You da man MXfish!
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
DougBauer19
Team: Goon Wagon

Post by DougBauer19 »

Husky438 wrote:This guy using 3D software that costs three fucking thousand dollars to make tracks for this game and people on here gonna bitch because he asked for $3 damn dollars. No, I don't want to see this become a thing either but my god look at the amount of work he's putting in using this process. This is some triple A quality work. He's taking this game to the next level so maybe if the people complaining would support him he could make more tracks, fine tune the process, and be able to teach others how to do it. It's like anything that is new technology, it cost money, then after it has become adapted and widely used it drops in price. In this case 3D scanned tracks will be old news and no one will charge for them. The bottom line is if you aren't using $3k dollar software, crating amazing work, and advancing this game for the future, then stop complaining.

I do agree, but why the hell would you pay 3 GRAND!!! This is a game to have fun do stuff for free, but if you have to use 3 GRAND to make people happy then that's a little overboard. On the othe hand I do appreciate what he has done to the next level. But If that shit is 3 GRAND then I don't think this is necessary.
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

I found some fotos of the real track, which weren't on the website when the track was released.
5x5 meters of joy!