Niklas Sandbox NATIONAL

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Niklas Sandbox NATIONAL

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sorry for making this track thread a money thread.
supermottousa19 wrote:I'm super against paying for tracks i don't it's like it if this game is going down that path i may just quit it and a lot more people will to and if rf is going to go to pay to race well then im really done but just saying this is 3D Scanned and 3D Scanners are super pricey so i see why he would make it cost money but i do not like having to pay for stuff in sim at all i will buy the game and thats it so if all races become pay to race so the host can make money. Please people don't try an make money off of jlvs game if anything you should be paying him for updates and models and every thing you should not be the ones making money off his hard word just saying. and yes i know 3d scanners a very pricey
sorry for the long msg i know no one will read it but
Pretty sure he used a regular camera.
Ohagan75 wrote:
Luke young#529 wrote:
DK662 wrote:I'm so bummed where this game is going....
What happend to the days when people used to make track/gear/content for the MXS community for fun and out of joy......
now all everyone is doing is charging people money for shit and it just drives down the community even more im about to be done with this shit.
Gl trying to get people to pay for this shit
Feel free to sink 20 hours of work into a model/skin/creation and release it or get it ripped. Until then, don't try and talk down to people who do more for this game than you do.
I have done more, but it doesn't matter because I usually give the source files too so no need to worry about being ripped.
ryanmx25 wrote:Notice everyone complaining of free content has never made any free content...
Nah.
ryanmx25 wrote:And the Monster cup almost all money went back into prizes
Why would I pay an entry fee to give my money to some other kid? I'm not fast enough to win anything so I'm pretty much just donating it to Joe Kid who plays sim all the time and probably doesn't have a job (granted I haven't looked at the straight rhythm and monster cup results yet, but you know, just a prediction).
checkerz wrote:Can I recommend to you to donate something you make to those object creators whose stuff you used?
Or at least mention their name so people know you didn't make them.

This is my personal opintion, which I don't think I've voiced publicly yet. Sorry but this game is a hobby for anyone not named Josh L. Vanderhoof (even then I'm fairly certain he has another source of income). If you're willing to spend a ton of time on a hobby for fun, then complain about spending time on that hobby to get money, you need a new hobby since it's a job then and not fun (why is it a hobby in the first place?). I'll admit I FINALLY just donated to Chex like I said I would eventually, but I know him personally and realize what never would have happened in this game if it wasn't for him (cue "you're just donating to him because you're his friend" replies). I've spent COUNTLESS (like probably over 15k+AT LEAST hours) with things related to this game, BECAUSE I LIKE IT. If I tried to make money off of any of my tutorials or model updates or whatever, I'd feel like a dick, because I did them to help people or out of enjoyment, not because "wow I spent 100 hours on this that I could have used to watch teen mom, I feel ripped off so give me money".

Maybe I'm just old school where I'm not used to buying content for games (I've never bought DLC since I believe that should have been in the original game I paid $60 for anyway) but kids are so used to paying for stuff in games now days they don't know any different.

Have I offended someone?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1CJNJFGtgb
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

I was looking forward to this :(
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

Cody Darr wrote:What decals did you use? I paid 2.99 for decals not to show up? lol

]
can you post a screenshot of you're graphics setup?
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

3 dollars for a track? thank god i have a job...or else i might cry like everyone else
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Yamahaman95 wrote:3 dollars for a track? thank god i have a job...or else i might cry like everyone else
I don't have a job, neither do I cry, I bought it :lol:
Luke young#529
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Luke young#529 »

Ohagan75 wrote:
Luke young#529 wrote:
DK662 wrote:I'm so bummed where this game is going....
What happend to the days when people used to make track/gear/content for the MXS community for fun and out of joy......
now all everyone is doing is charging people money for shit and it just drives down the community even more im about to be done with this shit.
Gl trying to get people to pay for this shit
Feel free to sink 20 hours of work into a model/skin/creation and release it or get it ripped. Until then, don't try and talk down to people who do more for this game than you do.
LOLOL i make skins and i also make tracks and i have released them before i have ever asked for money for making them? Last time i checked i havent asked for a hand out.
Skinner and track maker
Motofinne #375

Post by Motofinne #375 »

Don't take this personally. But this community/game is going downhill faster than the best downhill riders in the world. What the hell happened?

It's funny when the amount of quality content in this community is way lower than what it was 3-5 years ago, ever since content creators have started to charge for stuff or not release it.

I was so freaking stoked to see the first version of the 3D track. I was really looking forward to see how the technique would develop, well i guess i won't find out now that its not free. And 2.99€ is nothing, but you have opened a dangerous door. 10, 15 or 20 tracks for 2.99€/each is far from nothing. I'm not saying that you will release 20 tracks and charge 3 bucks/each, but some people will eventually.

But i'm not a creator, i'm not involved in the community at all anymore. I play the game every week when i have time but nothing more. I race in real life and all my money goes to that, i refuse to pay for especially a track. Actually i could care less about a model or a skit. Those things are only visual, they don't give me any advantages. A track can make you better on the game. And i can't play the track with other people without it. It just bums me out when i see content that isn't for free popping up in the community. MXS was not built on paid content. It was built on enthusiastic modders that loved MX and gaming.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

MXfish wrote:
Cody Darr wrote:What decals did you use? I paid 2.99 for decals not to show up? lol
can you post a screenshot of you're graphics setup?
I got it to work! I didn't think I really needed to run shaders and my ground geo detail/texture levels so high, but I do for anything to show up. I do think if you keep going down this road, you will need to optimize your tracks so they are a lil easier on computers, I couldn't imagine doing a race on this.

2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Specialized
Team: Private Racing ;)

Post by Specialized »

It just bums me out when i see content that isn't for free popping up in the community. MXS was not built on paid content. It was built on enthusiastic modders that loved MX and gaming.

sooo true.
Braap#570
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

It's funny when the amount of quality content in this community is way lower than what it was 3-5 years ago, ever since content creators have started to charge for stuff or not release it.
This doesn't make sense to me. As far as I've seen, this is the only track that hasn't been released for free any time recently, I don't think that this has anything to do with "quality content" being released or not. 3-5 years ago, this game was closer to its competitors. To be honest, the way this game runs/operates really bottlenecks creators and people eventually lose interest in creating new content for a dated game. Is there still a huge MCM community still releasing hundreds of new tracks? No. It's because games get old and new ones come along to replace them and/or people move on to different things.

There's still tons of quality stuff being released. All the 2015 AMA SX and national tracks have been released for free, the Monster Cup, the RedBull Straight Rhythm, not to mention all all the custom tracks that have Ben released throughout the year. Your point of quality content being released now compared to years ago because of people charging for their creations is nonsense.

This one track, being sold for $3, isn't going to ruin the community. Don't like that it costs money? Simple. Don't buy it! You don't need this track. There are hundreds of other tracks to play and plenty of people still working at new ways to make better track for this game.
mx985
Team: Privateer

Post by mx985 »

yzmxer608 wrote:
Maybe I'm just old school where I'm not used to buying content for games (I've never bought DLC since I believe that should have been in the original game I paid $60 for anyway) but kids are so used to paying for stuff in games now days they don't know any different.

Have I offended someone?
[/quote]
you are one of the good ones dude! i have the exact same view on point, didnt i just release a helmet model for free? spent months on end making it hours, and for anyone saying anything else check the up comming models thread i got more work in progress for free dont tell me i dont do my part to contribute.but this make money shit on a game that me and yzmxer608 have been playing since 2009 then along comes guys that just want money, get the fuck outta here with that attitude.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

mx985 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:

Have I offended someone?
you are one of the good ones dude! i have the exact same view on point, didnt i just release a helmet model for free? spent months on end making it hours, and for anyone saying anything else check the up comming models thread i got more work in progress for free dont tell me i dont do my part to contribute.but this make money shit on a game that me and yzmxer608 have been playing since 2009 then along comes guys that just want money, get the fuck outta here with that attitude.[/quote]
It's always going to be an argument and it will never end. I personally make content for the game for my own enjoyment and nothing else. I truly do. But releasing those creations to a community in the state is in now, doesn't interest me in the slightest.

The whole money situation pops up when kids who have no drive to make content want what isn't public. Whether it be a bike, gear or whatever, there will always be kid who will pay money to get the latest and greates skins/models.
Donate if you like My Creations
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Ohagan75 wrote: I personally make content for the game for my own enjoyment and nothing else. I truly do. But releasing those creations to a community in the state is in now, doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Your whole post is so very true, but this line really stood out to me.

Although, I'm not quite off that cliff - I'm getting closer. The rope that caught me temporarily at least was the support from the community when I did charge.

Very well said Ohagan (don't worry, I had to erase the end and re-spell it to not get it wrong... again.)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

mx985 wrote:you are one of the good ones dude! i have the exact same view on point, didnt i just release a helmet model for free? spent months on end making it hours, and for anyone saying anything else check the up comming models thread i got more work in progress for free dont tell me i dont do my part to contribute.but this make money shit on a game that me and yzmxer608 have been playing since 2009 then along comes guys that just want money, get the fuck outta here with that attitude.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

love the track!, makes me wanna update my pc to see it on better than 128x128 res. having every piece of the textures unique really makes a mx track immersing. top job!! Also not sure if you meant for some of you're tree models to be leaning, or if you where trying to get them upright, but if you are trying to make them vertical. set the rotation to greater than negative 2x pie they will stand vertical. I just normally make rotation of an object -7 to make it stand vertical.

great attention to detail. its nice to see completely finished tracks.
one of the funnest outdoor track to date!!