2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Mantova

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Mantova

Post by honda23 »

Hi guys! :D This is the track which will be used for the 7th round of the 2015 MXS Italian Championship!

STORY OF THE TRACK
It's time for Mantova! The Moto Club "Tazio Nuvolari", was founded in 1914 and is therefore one of the oldest and most prestigious association of all the Italian Motorcycle Federation (FMI). It's tradition increased over the years with the organisation of speed competitions and other important meetings .
In 1980, the Moto Club "Tazio Nuvolari" went under new managment with some guys who began to build the circuit just near to the city of Mantova, creating a very technical sand track, ideal for trainings and for proving the rider's ability.
The track gained importance during these years and hosted many important races: 19 regional championships, many International italian championships and 6 GP's (last one was this year 23th August). Furthermore, Mantova is really well-known around the world due to the regular "Starcross" race: that's a really typical race which involves many GP riders and it's usually hosted in February, one week before the starting of the MXGP championship. In that period, with very bad weather, this sandy track is completely rutted with tons of bumps everywhere, so it makes this even more difficult and challenging.
Anyway...pretty easy to build it in mxs due to no elevations, but the sand grip, ruts and bumps will make you go insane :D

DOWNLOAD
HIgh-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ox70l ... gh.res.rar
Med-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vtj6h ... 282%29.rar
Low-res: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3atdk ... ow.res.rar

When waiting for the download you can check the on board lap here in the championship FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/75467130467827 ... 712461438/

CREDITS
- JLV: game
- TMFR: official sponsor
- EMF: hosting
- RKI Racing Team: help and beta test
- Haggqvist: gp objects
- Staydown: objects
- Motoboss: objects
- Twistmoto: track template and objects
- Chekerz and Dion: objects and billboards
- Kyle Watts: decals and skybox
- Mxs teams: team trucks
- Anyone who i forgot

EMF website: http://mxsemf.com/news.php
Check the serie topic for updates: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36536

Have fun! :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Mantova

Post by Rayvenator »

Looks nice once again! Good work.

Cant wait to get home for some qualifying madness tonight ^^
sebastianbang

Post by sebastianbang »

Dropbox link!?Plezz!
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

Post by Nick#126 »

Track is a lot fun, really like it! Thanks!
Nick van Gerwen
honda23

Post by honda23 »

sebastianbang wrote:Dropbox link!?Plezz!
Dropbox links for you, i'll do the same for next round on
HIgh-res: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=20 ... gh.res.rar
Med-res: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=20 ... ed.res.rar
Low-res: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=20 ... ow.res.rar
honda23

Post by honda23 »

ah and thanks for the guys who gave positive comments, i appreciate :wink:
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Had a blast running this track all evening last night!
This might be your best track yet. Awesome job man!

I really dont wanna come with any bad comments cause I really enjoy your tracks and I think its great that you take the time to do them!
I dont know how to make tracks myself and Im not a very fast rider either but in my experience some constructive critisism actually helps sometimes.
However consider this very minor issues on a really good track!

Some lines/ruts are really hard to see. This is a very small issue but I find myself actually squinting and moving closer to my screen just to see that small rut (probably looks ridicoulous).
It might have something to do that the ruts are generally pretty small (not a bad thing) and maybe the coloring of the rut itself it a little to similar to the rest of the track? Maybe a darker tone on the rut might help distinguish it a bit. This is only on a few ruts and bumps here and there tho and not really a problem. When you´ve had enough laps on the track you pretty much know where the ruts are but it would help initially or in the heat of battle to see them a little bit better.
Another thing is that the track end up beeing somewhat one-lined. There is almost always only one fast line through a corner and often times its the inside rut. The outside ruts often feels even smaller than the inside and sometimes there arent even a viable outside rut, its just flat. It might help to make the outside line bigger (as in higher, more track to lean towards) so that its easier to carry more speed around it to make it viable to the much shorter inside rut. I notice in the racing that everyone always wants to go for that one fast line and it causes some crashes here and there. If there was 2 or 3 close to equally fast lines through a corner people would be more willing to mix it up while fighting, it also makes passing along easier since the faster rider can set up for a pass with different lines, rather than taking the premier line from the opponent by force.

Overall this is just my 2 cents about this. I enjoy the heck out of this track and its nice to see your tracks are getting ever better and better!

This community is lucky to have people like you!

Cheers!
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Rayvenator wrote:Had a blast running this track all evening last night!
This might be your best track yet. Awesome job man!
Well you made my day, thanks man! I appreciate when people like what i have done and when they use constructive criticism to say what is wrong or what could be done to improve someone's skill. As you said about my corner and ruts, i'm actually working on it because i am the first one who noticed it and then i was told other people too that there was this kind of "problem": the inside rut faster than the outside one. A track should always have a fastest and smoothest line but i'm aware that, in a game like this when you are racing and trying to pass someone, the track needs equal lines to make it possible, but i am working on that, starting from the 2016 italian tracks (as we want to make another serie next year). Now the 2015 tracks are ready and i don't have time and will to modify them, but i am taking your and other people suggestion into considerations to better my projects.
Many people don't think of how much work has to be done for running a serie, especially if there's only 1 trackmaker for that (me) helped by other people and friends by the way. The point is that, when someone appreciates your works and gives constructive criticism, it helps this person to go ahead and make everything to improve what he does.
Thanks for the feedback, i hope you will like the last rounds the same :wink:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

After 2 frustrating motos in different ways, I have a few things to comment on, on the track.

Overall, I really enjoyed the track. It was really fun for a medium pace, but a little unpredictable (etc) for a faster race pace. However that in itself isn't all that bad. The track is the same for everyone, so you got to make the call, go fast and unsafe, or kick it down a notch and presumably have a more consistent riding experience. This can make for great racing, as well as frustrating, depending on the tracks.

My first big frustration was the three really rutted jumps/singles before you come up to the last straightaway before the finish. Those ruts were incredibly deep and choppy! I looked at the terrain.hf and you used "10 1.000000 x y", so I was really surprised! However a slight smooth might have made that better. If that wouldn't work, I'd redo the ruts with a depth not as deep as prior. You could make the race safe/fast argument here, but it's sort of invalid to me, since there wasn't really any opportunity to save it if you got sideways, even if you went slow.

As Rayvenator said, the track is very one-lined. Not often I pick up on this, but when I tried to practice "passing lines" I realized that even if I got the line good and I was in a pack, I'd most likely lose a position or two. So then I'd be better off following the rider in front and beg for him not to crash. However there were a few turns where the "middle rut" was a compelling line. Both of the ones I have in mind was before big jumps. To prevent this you can: Start the "main rut(inside?)" later in the turn, make the insides bumpier (but not too much, you should still be able to hit the lines, not blocking them completely) and outsides smoother, create win/lose situations for inside/outside before jumps so you have to choose which benefit you want to have. It's super hard to balance this good. Personally I most of the time have to spend a lot of time on 1 corner, maybe even reshape the turn slightly (but should a replica be as close as real life as possible or slightly modified for racing? Personal preference, track makers choice. Maybe a mix of both?).

Otherwise the track had a good flow to it, the jumps was good in length, the majority of the inside ruts were really nice. As stated above, maybe have so smooth and good ruts further out, but the ruts were really pleasant to me at least, credits for that. Track felt very close to reality (was there in 2008 for the GP, so it was a while back, but it seems pretty similar to this day). Didn't read every comment super well, so I hope I didn't repeat too much stuff. This is meant to be constructive, if you have any questions or think that I expressed myself in a bad way, please pm me!

Looking forward to the following tracks! Thanks for the effort of making all of them! :)
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Wahlamt wrote:After 2 frustrating motos in different ways, I have a few things to comment on, on the track.

Overall, I really enjoyed the track. It was really fun for a medium pace, but a little unpredictable (etc) for a faster race pace. However that in itself isn't all that bad. The track is the same for everyone, so you got to make the call, go fast and unsafe, or kick it down a notch and presumably have a more consistent riding experience. This can make for great racing, as well as frustrating, depending on the tracks.

My first big frustration was the three really rutted jumps/singles before you come up to the last straightaway before the finish. Those ruts were incredibly deep and choppy! I looked at the terrain.hf and you used "10 1.000000 x y", so I was really surprised! However a slight smooth might have made that better. If that wouldn't work, I'd redo the ruts with a depth not as deep as prior. You could make the race safe/fast argument here, but it's sort of invalid to me, since there wasn't really any opportunity to save it if you got sideways, even if you went slow.

As Rayvenator said, the track is very one-lined. Not often I pick up on this, but when I tried to practice "passing lines" I realized that even if I got the line good and I was in a pack, I'd most likely lose a position or two. So then I'd be better off following the rider in front and beg for him not to crash. However there were a few turns where the "middle rut" was a compelling line. Both of the ones I have in mind was before big jumps. To prevent this you can: Start the "main rut(inside?)" later in the turn, make the insides bumpier (but not too much, you should still be able to hit the lines, not blocking them completely) and outsides smoother, create win/lose situations for inside/outside before jumps so you have to choose which benefit you want to have. It's super hard to balance this good. Personally I most of the time have to spend a lot of time on 1 corner, maybe even reshape the turn slightly (but should a replica be as close as real life as possible or slightly modified for racing? Personal preference, track makers choice. Maybe a mix of both?).

Otherwise the track had a good flow to it, the jumps was good in length, the majority of the inside ruts were really nice. As stated above, maybe have so smooth and good ruts further out, but the ruts were really pleasant to me at least, credits for that. Track felt very close to reality (was there in 2008 for the GP, so it was a while back, but it seems pretty similar to this day). Didn't read every comment super well, so I hope I didn't repeat too much stuff. This is meant to be constructive, if you have any questions or think that I expressed myself in a bad way, please pm me!

Looking forward to the following tracks! Thanks for the effort of making all of them! :)
Always pleased to receive feedback and constructive criticism! Actually you said the same thing of Rayvenator but it's good, this means that this is the biggest problem of my tracks and has to be resolved, thanks to yours suggestions. Thas't good!
As far as concern ruts you meant in the last sections, well you right, they were choppy because they were mainly too low, even if i used a 2049 map. I'll try to fix these things in my future tracks, thanks once again guys :wink:
GlebVolkov
Team: Impact

Post by GlebVolkov »

On other thing, the bale, at the inside of the turn, you put the bale like this:

But, i think it's 100x better if you put the bale like this:

Is still impossible to cut, and it doesnt bother us when we pass.

Because, lot of time, i touch the bale and can't take the turn, and it's really really annoying when i was in hotlap or in race. And i think i'm not the only one.
10th 2015 EMF Pro Outdoors 450 | 3rd 2015 EMF Italian Pro Championship
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

I fell off in that spot maybe 2 times. I think that was a perfect risk/reward section. I had no problems at all there ifI went at 99.6% pace instead of the "safe" 132%. This made the middle line more compelling and a great alternative. If you ask for my opinion.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Double post: if you'd changed the bales as showed above, nobody would ever have considered taking the middle/outside.
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Well i made it indirectly, so it wasn't an excuse to go for the 2 rut, but it seems it worked like this :D
I'll take this into consideration too, but you know Gleb, there are so many cutters here, that even 1 bale left could allow them to cut sections ahahah
GlebVolkov
Team: Impact

Post by GlebVolkov »

honda23 wrote:Well i made it indirectly, so it wasn't an excuse to go for the 2 rut, but it seems it worked like this :D
I'll take this into consideration too, but you know Gleb, there are so many cutters here, that even 1 bale left could allow them to cut sections ahahah
It's impossible to cut with the bale like this lol
10th 2015 EMF Pro Outdoors 450 | 3rd 2015 EMF Italian Pro Championship