Waldo Mx

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jobobo812

Waldo Mx

Post by Jobobo812 »

Image[/url]

This is my first ever track so im really looking for a lot of constructive criticism. I tried for a replica of Waldo Mx in Florida, but it is not the exact layout although it is very close. Have fun!

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ymx5 ... aldomx.rar
Thanks to:
JLV- for the amazing game!
Start Your Systems- for his tutorials on youtube. They helped greatly on making the track
BSM70
Team: MotoPlayground

Re: Waldo Mx

Post by BSM70 »

Looks cool! trying it now! :D
MotoxMarcus
Team: True Colors

Post by MotoxMarcus »

Haven't ridden it yet, but looking at the picture, the track looks well done for a first track. But in your future tracks, be sure to add a skybox and some type of environment. Trees, grass, pits, whatever will make this track 2X better. A flat dirt field isn't unique at all and will keep a track that could be great at just an okay level! I hope this helps and I'll get back to you once I ride it! Good luck on your next tracks and I look forward to seeing your future content!
Jobobo812

Post by Jobobo812 »

Thanks guys! And for my next track i will certainly spend more time on the environment
BSM70
Team: MotoPlayground

Post by BSM70 »

I think its pretty fun, I like most of the jumps. The corners are kinda choppy but overall I enjoyed it! :D Cant wait to see your next track!
Jobobo812

Post by Jobobo812 »

BSM70 wrote:I think its pretty fun, I like most of the jumps. The corners are kinda choppy but overall I enjoyed it! :D Cant wait to see your next track!
Thank you! But any tips on how to make my ruts not choppy? If i smooth them down enough to where they're not choppy the rut is almost totally flat
Cameron6499
Team: Privateer

Post by Cameron6499 »

Waldo Mx is one of my most favorite tracks in real life. I havn't tried this out yet but I know that some work on enviroment will defienetly help on reviews.
Cameron6499

Post by Cameron6499 »

Waldo Mx is one of my most favorite tracks in real life. I havn't tried this out yet but I know that some work on enviroment will defienetly help on reviews.
Colbjornsen

Post by Colbjornsen »

Jobobo812 wrote:
BSM70 wrote:I think its pretty fun, I like most of the jumps. The corners are kinda choppy but overall I enjoyed it! :D Cant wait to see your next track!
Thank you! But any tips on how to make my ruts not choppy? If i smooth them down enough to where they're not choppy the rut is almost totally flat
You can fix the choppy ruts by changing the scaling of the track. So going into your track folder, then open terrain.hf file in notepad++ and by default its usually 9 2.000000 0.0 500.0 If you change the "2.000000" to "1.000000" or below this will usually fix most of the choppiness. This will also make the size of the map a lot smaller so you might want to use a terrain size that's 2049x2049 if needed. Also if you do use and terrain size that's 2049x2049 you'll have to change the "9" in the terrain.hf file to a "10"
This is at least how I fixed the choppiness when I first started messing around in the editor
dallasmx15
Team: FlexMoto

Post by dallasmx15 »

THANK YOU! i live 45 mins from this track and i love it! thanks for making this!