Mr.Two SX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Mr.Two

Mr.Two SX

Post by Mr.Two »

Well I'm happy with the display map and very happy with the textures(especially for my first textures ever haha) so I hope you guys enjoy the track as much as I do. I haven't learned about objects yet so the track is without them but I think its still a decent track.

Thanks to Tyskorn and mxer_25 for the help and beta testing.

http://puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackViewer.aspx?TrackID=136

Anyways lemme know what you think.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Re: Mr.Two SX

Post by Jones221 »

This is a fun track.

Berms need some work, could slam into a couple.

Great job.
only one to win something real from the game!
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

I agree about some of the berms for sure. It seems like berms is where I have the most trouble so I will definitely work on them.

Thanks man, glad you think its fun! Now that I have texturing down pretty good I hope to be releasing tracks quite often but I can still use some help with objects haha.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

I almost forgot, come up with better names hahah.
Again great job.
only one to win something real from the game!
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Jones221 wrote:I almost forgot, come up with better names hahah.
Again great job.
x2
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Haha I'll keep that in mind.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

maybe start putting some timing gates in also?
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

jbob23 wrote:maybe start putting some timing gates in also?
definitely need some timing gates
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah seriously you couldn't take 10 minutes to move the start, add timing gates, and delete the stock objects and billboards? :roll:

Pretty poor form there.

As for the track, it has 2 rhythm sections. It also has 2 dead straights (one even has a random single thrown in). There isnt much to keep people playing it.

The jumps and berms themselves seem fairly well constructed. Good job of blending the jumps into the straights (good transitions that is).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Garasaki wrote:Yeah seriously you couldn't take 10 minutes to move the start, add timing gates, and delete the stock objects and billboards? :roll:

Pretty poor form there.

As for the track, it has 2 rhythm sections. It also has 2 dead straights (one even has a random single thrown in). There isnt much to keep people playing it.

The jumps and berms themselves seem fairly well constructed. Good job of blending the jumps into the straights (good transitions that is).

Haha unfortunately I work 14-16hours a day and live an active life so I do not have much time to learn about objects, billboards, and moving timing gates so bummer about that but I think the track is fun and it seems most people agree so that is cool. Your points are noted for sure and thanks but its like pulling teeth to get anybody to help me to with objects so I doubt I'll ever have the time to learn. Faults included I still have fun riding this track haha

Anyways glad most people are enjoying the track and I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far. I threw in some nice natural terrain jumps in the hills for those willing to spend the time to find them. :wink:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

That is a horrible excuse for not taking care of those issues. You HAD to release the track on the 20th? Why not wait til the 22 and have taken care of that stuff? No one forces you to release an unfinished track. For one of your first tracks however the construction does seem to be pretty good.
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Oh sorry dont get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for the problems. The issues pointed out are correct and I appreciate all the feedback I've gotten and I actually already agreed with them. Did it have to be released on the 20th? Nope not at all to be honest haha, but I'm now on a two week vacation out of town followed by two weeks 24/7 on call with work, and I just didn't want this track to sit around a month before I even started to work on it again.

Being honest again haha I hope people enjoy the track as it is, and maybe enjoy it enough to be willing to help me on my next track so that it will be complete and better than this. haha :oops: