Pine Hill {beta} please download and gimme feedback

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
SPEED763
Team: FlexMoto

Pine Hill {beta} please download and gimme feedback

Post by SPEED763 »

okay so this here is my first build of many to come. i went heavy into learning how to build the map not so much caring about the layout. i.e. some of the lanes are too close to the edge of the map. however, i find this to be a useful map for me to get the feedback needed for future builds. granted i didn't want to trash this so it might as well be useful.

bare with me since my placement of the lanes did not have much thought in it. i many just through out layout as i focus on learning the skills not so much the perfection of the map itself. now i got the build down i can go further into perfecting it. i think this gives me a good base for the criticism to create gold out of it.

i intended this to be difficult but, fun. now it may be real easy but i am better at building then i am at riding in game. so either im cooking with peanut oil or i'm not cookin' at all. i created my own scale too. map is a 9 1 scale and the height of jumps are 1:1. where i changed it up was the length, i increased to lay it out more.

in real life sx tracks are built with a 2:1 length:height ratio. local real life tracks usually are 3:1. i tried both of these but wasnt happy. so i tried out adapting my own ratio. id say its 4:1 which seems to mimic sx the way i wanted it to being original. since its a game i wanted to be realistic not life like. life like left the 70 foot trips in 1st gear on bikes, with my scale i was happy counting the gears as i would in reality. granted jlvs dynos are what 5hp over real bikes etc

anyways here it is! enjoy and give me all the feedback you can manage! thank you!

contents (remove the two track folders and install into personal folder, disregard/delete Pine Hill content folder after)
Pine Hill(folder):
Pine Hill MX
Pine Hill SX

Download Link
https://www.mediafire.com/?71isaydd96rc6c8
SPEED763

Re: Pine Hill {beta} please download and gimme feedback

Post by SPEED763 »

Pine Hill MX
Pine Hill SX

dallasmx15

Post by dallasmx15 »

my nuggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

To start off, I thought you did a good job with the environment. The decals are nicely done, and the transition from on track to off track blends pretty well. One thing I would say on the environment, is that if you're going to use 2d trees, make them billboards. That way they will rotate along with the rider, and you never see that they are just a flat image. As you mentioned yourself, having the track away from the edge in the future would be best.

The motocross track is fun, even tho it is definitely unrealistic in that far back corner. I like your technique on the build of the jumps and rollers. They have smooth transitions and are not too peaked or kicky.

The supercross track is what needs the most work in my opinion. The scale is way too large. If it was scaled by .5 in all directions, except for the lane width, I think it would feel alot better.

I think you did a good job for your first track and hope you stick around!
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
SPEED763

Post by SPEED763 »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:To start off, I thought you did a good job with the environment. The decals are nicely done, and the transition from on track to off track blends pretty well. One thing I would say on the environment, is that if you're going to use 2d trees, make them billboards. That way they will rotate along with the rider, and you never see that they are just a flat image. As you mentioned yourself, having the track away from the edge in the future would be best.
Thanks!! I appreciate the feedback! I would like to get more skilled with the billboards. i need a little imporvement in the coding side of things for that as well the statues. The decals i got down like a charm from someone one here in a step by step applying process and as well i wanted a lot of them to make the feel. Any future build will surely be away from the edge. I think that and the attempt at the scaling is my own biggest critiqued part, although i didn't feel like just trashing this. lol
The motocross track is fun, even tho it is definitely unrealistic in that far back corner. I like your technique on the build of the jumps and rollers. They have smooth transitions and are not too peaked or kicky.
yeah for sure i want to have an exotic feel too it that seemed real by video game logic 8) although i had much harder time picking how to layout the mx track i had a much easier time building the obstacles. Have you seen anything similar to that back section? the step up is much more of a high jump step up, but that section was sparked after catching a glimpse of bailey jumping the ol saddleback hill up and down lol i watch it like a month ago i was getting all pumped up for the mxon this year.
The supercross track is what needs the most work in my opinion. The scale is way too large. If it was scaled by .5 in all directions, except for the lane width, I think it would feel alot better.
i felt this as well which was my hope for some success. i felt the mx track was a mere gift to play on for working on putting a clean lap down on the sx track. its hard for me to go mistake free, unless i newb it in arcade mode :roll: im definitely going to fiddle around with the scales more. if i scale it by half does that have an effect on the outcome for like the terrain.hf scale. i.e. its still; one ft:one px @ 9/10 1 & two ft:one px @ 9/10 2
I think you did a good job for your first track and hope you stick around!
Thank you much!! i enjoy riding in this game and would like to get better at that as a sub priority so i can maintain a good test flow for the average pace. My goal is to perfect the build process and be one more brain in the mix of the builds. I can imagine those that build would like other builds then their own, just as the average person searches new tracks just to ride etc. Cheers to the fun ahead
SPEED763

Post by SPEED763 »

dearnhardtfan7 wrote:I think you did a good job for your first track and hope you stick around!
hey btw what did you think of the whoops on the sx track? too hard?
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

The whoops are actually too easy to me. When you get on top of them if you just hold the throttle open, you stay on top. They are too flat on top. They should be more rounded and more spaced out so that there is some more technique to getting on top
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
SPEED763

Post by SPEED763 »

sweet man well i appreciate the help!
SPEED763

Post by SPEED763 »