2016 Soggy Bottom MX *NOT A REPLICA*

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
DBar47
Team: Privateer

2016 Soggy Bottom MX *NOT A REPLICA*

Post by DBar47 »

Screenshots: Couldn't get them to show up on the post so here's the links
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xar6j4wd6 ... hot004.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/gpl6soen9 ... hot003.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/atqzh314a ... hot005.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/bn84og11s ... hot006.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2w5ddti7f ... hot007.png
This is the first track that I have ever completed, it's not that great but i had fun making it and I have had some fun riding it too so I hope someone will get a little enjoyment out of it. I made this track aiming for it to be about half way between the stock tracks and the rF ones so the difficulty level is pretty low and its super fast! I did NOT make any of the decals/billboards and i got the tile properties from the forum as well, all i did was play around in the editor and make the terrain. Unfortunately I cant remember where the decals came from so I apologize for not giving credit to them, i just took them from a non-saf'd track in my Personal Folder so thank you to all the content creators who share their stuff with the public for that. I do know that the trees and stuff came from Fingers Lake MX Park and you will probably need that track for them to show up. It's not a replica of any sort i just pulled the name out of my ass so that why it's a little shitty :lol: it was "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" inspired. Thanks for checking out the post and any tips and constructive criticism is welcomed.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwq0eqi2a ... tom.MX.zip
DBar47

Re: 2016 Soggy Bottom MX *NOT A REPLICA*

Post by DBar47 »

Its about a 3 min lap time on a 250f for me, could probably be ran a lot faster tho. again any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
SMITH_119

Post by SMITH_119 »

thought this would actually be a replica lol theres actually a track in Missouri named soggy bottom mx haha
MarshDylan_

Post by MarshDylan_ »

Just based on what I can see from the screenshots, if this is the first track you've ever completed then I can't wait to see your future tracks. Good job man
DBar47

Post by DBar47 »

SMITH_119 wrote:thought this would actually be a replica lol theres actually a track in Missouri named soggy bottom mx haha
really? lol thats pretty funny
DBar47

Post by DBar47 »

MarshDylan_ wrote:Just based on what I can see from the screenshots, if this is the first track you've ever completed then I can't wait to see your future tracks. Good job man
Thanks man, ya this is the first one i actually finished, i tried a few other times but didn't like the turn out well enough to save them
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Great work for a first track! Railing around the turn section the last 1/3 of the track is super fun. Nice use of elevation, and the ruts, while more like berms, really hook you in. I like how the ruts aren't uniform, they have realistic, organic curves to them. Nice amount of bumps as well.

As for critique, I feel like the shape/size of a few of the jumps was a little unpredictable/rough, especially near the beginning of the track. To me the shape of the jumps generally got better as the track went on. Also the track is pretty unfinished as far as environment goes. The decals are ok, but some objects and vegetation would do a lot to bring everything to life. And please, MAKE A MAP, ha.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to future tracks!
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

ColtonD719 wrote:Also the track is pretty unfinished as far as environment goes. The decals are ok, but some objects and vegetation would do a lot to bring everything to life.
Just saw that trees, etc. reference another track that apparently I don't have. I'm sure that makes a difference!
garrettolver
Team: MV Films

Post by garrettolver »

DBar47 wrote:
SMITH_119 wrote:thought this would actually be a replica lol theres actually a track in Missouri named soggy bottom mx haha
theres one in kentucky too haha
DBar47

Post by DBar47 »

ColtonD719 wrote:Great work for a first track! Railing around the turn section the last 1/3 of the track is super fun. Nice use of elevation, and the ruts, while more like berms, really hook you in. I like how the ruts aren't uniform, they have realistic, organic curves to them. Nice amount of bumps as well.

As for critique, I feel like the shape/size of a few of the jumps was a little unpredictable/rough, especially near the beginning of the track. To me the shape of the jumps generally got better as the track went on. Also the track is pretty unfinished as far as environment goes. The decals are ok, but some objects and vegetation would do a lot to bring everything to life. And please, MAKE A MAP, ha.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to future tracks!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely keep those things in mind on the next one
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

garrettolver wrote:
DBar47 wrote:
theres one in kentucky too haha
I ride at the one in Missouri most the time. bout 20 min from my house. The whole place is really cool. Beginner style track, ridiculously hard single cut trails, and side by side trails. It'd be fun to see it on MXS tho.