Sweetwater MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Sweetwater MX

Post by ColtonD719 »

Sweetwater MX by ColtonD719
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mj0gfxb8 ... twater.zip

This is my first track release in 10 years, and first track for MXS. I used to build tracks for MCM2 and MVA and after all this time I got the urge to build something again. I think this is my best work yet.

I put literally hundreds of hours into this thing, relearning old techniques, and learning fresh all the new challenges particular to MXS. Hopefully the work shows through!

Super huge thanks to Chase Dunivant/MotoChasin/Zoa Cross for the track preview video!

Mega thanks also to beta testers dearnhardtfan7, dbaum25moto, and jonracer594.

And thanks to the following for making their work available to use in our tracks:
DJ99X - Grass Tufts, Shed
m121c - House
Twister Best - Bleachers
Shadow - Tree Billboards
JLV - Scoring House, Water Ripples
Grass and Sand tileinfo from James Stewart Compound 2015 by Motoboss
Endfence from Redwood Private Track by yFMX
Doghouse from Oregon Farm by Yamahaman95

Last but not least, thank you to DJ99X, JLV, ddmc, Wahlamt, and all those who have shared their knowledge and expertise through tutorials, scripts, programs, etc. There's no way I could have figured all this stuff out on my own.

If people dig the track, I'd love to run an organized race on it soon. I don't know anything about hosting/running a server, but if you do, shoot me a PM!

Enjoy!
ColtonD719

Re: Sweetwater MX

Post by ColtonD719 »

Sorry for dp, but shows up in game as:
CDMX: Sweetwater MX
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

super fun track, but little slick. super sick for videos. Good first mxs track. only can get better man
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

so sick!!!! thanks dude!
Jose Eduardo317

Post by Jose Eduardo317 »

awesome
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

While being veryyyyy long, this track is amazing visually and actual trackwise. I have never seen a more beautiful track, both on and off track. It flows very well and gives you the feeling of a fun, realistic track that you may ride in real life. I love how there are some reeeeeeeally awesome lines that are sometimes challenging but give you a really good feeling when you make them. Also, the ruts in the ground are nice and not overdone. The roughness is perfect. Only nitpick is that it does seem that I'm on the ground a lot more than I'd like to be personally, but still awesome and not overdone with jumps or anything. Just a phenomenal track. Thank you for spending so much time on this track and giving us a masterpiece. 11/10
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
Crushed Dissenter
Team: STHeart Clothing

Post by 119 »

luv it
A-BathingApe
Team: fuckthepopulation

Post by A-BathingApe »

where da traction at
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Very pumped on how this track came out! It was great to be able to give a little feedback and to be of some help on your first track.

This track totally fits my style lol. Its flowy, fast, not crazy rough. A very fun track to spin multiple laps on. To me, a measure of a track's success, is when I can set the race length to 10 laps and be surprised when those 10 laps are up. It means I'm focused and having fun!

Great job and I look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future!
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Congrats on making one of the coolest looking, realistic track in a while, fun and flowy, and then making it unplayable due to terrible traction choices. ill give it a score for the amount of laps i made it before deleting it. 2/10
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

This is honestly awesome man, and so is the traction. Dont listen to the naysayers. Hope you choose to make some more tracks!
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

Really fun track with great design and very beautiful looking. I mean this in a constructive way but the traction is a bit annoying. The wide open sweepers are sketchy with the current traction. In my opinion the track just needs; better traction, a little rougher, more rutts + bigger rutts. Again, purely constructive criticism. Great track nonetheless. Keep it up.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

AWood wrote:Congrats on making one of the coolest looking, realistic track in a while, fun and flowy, and then making it unplayable due to terrible traction choices. ill give it a score for the amount of laps i made it before deleting it. 2/10
I'm dead
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Clfitty wrote:Really fun track with great design and very beautiful looking. I mean this in a constructive way but the traction is a bit annoying. The wide open sweepers are sketchy with the current traction. In my opinion the track just needs; better traction, a little rougher, more rutts + bigger rutts. Again, purely constructive criticism. Great track nonetheless. Keep it up.
Couldn't agree more, traction pretty much ruined it for me. Reminds me of staydowns tracks idk how you guys make tracks with concrete traction.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Haven't you guys heard of throttle control?

Seriously though, thanks a ton for downloading and sharing your thoughts. Very helpful to hear the good and bad. I'll definitely take it into consideration on the next one.

I gotta say, the traction settings are one of the areas I understand least. Most of the track, except the sand, just has the default settings. To me it feels pretty realistic in that you can't just pin it around every corner, and you have to take a little care to settle into some of the ruts. But it doesn't feel nearly as slick as the JLV sx tracks. I'm definitely open to ideas for making it better. What are some comparable tracks that you feel have more appropriate traction?

I do think the ruts could be a little deeper/hook you in a little better. I wonder if that would do more to improve the feel than cranking up the traction?

And those of you who love it as is, your comments make me happy. Too bad AWood ruined my score average.

Thanks again, and keep those comments coming!