Sweetwater MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ddavis

Re: Sweetwater MX

Post by Ddavis »

You have to ride the track with a different style than most tracks, smooth and pick your lines wisely. I like it.
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Post by Ezra »

Ddavis wrote:You have to ride the track with a different style than most tracks, smooth and pick your lines wisely. I like it.
Never thought I'd say this, but I totally agree with you! I think there need to be more tracks like this, I find it an insanely fun change from every other pavement traction, berms-for-ruts track that has been released lately.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

You're the man, Storken. Great to hear your thoughts. Also, your tutorials and scripts were invaluable for getting started. I appreciate all the time you put into helping people learn the process.
Wahlamt wrote:My only little thing you could have improved is adding something... more [...] to give it a few percent more feeling "alive". ;)
Good point. Because the track is so big, I was very concerned about taking a performance hit if I went too far with the environment (hence no 8k decals, ha). I ended up modeling several generic objects myself just so I could be sure they had the lowest polys possible. I think I ended up with the right balance for the visual feel I was going for, but there's definitely room to flesh things out more on future tracks.
Wahlamt wrote:No complaining about everything being hard and stupid (at least on the forums) but actually asking questions, trying to understand and learn.
This was actually the hardest part of the process, and IMO one of the most frustrating aspects of this game in general, just trying to find all the information necessary. Especially if you're starting from zero. There is tons of good information out there, but a lot of important details are so scattered and unorganized that it takes a lot of time and digging to find it. Plus, it's occasionally hard to tell if the information you find is outdated. A well documented, up to date guide to MXS track building would be amazing, even if it was mostly made up of links to the random bits of wisdom hidden throughout the forums.

Thanks, Ddavis and Ezra. That's pretty much what I was going for. Glad you like it!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Awesome track! I love tracks like this where there's lots of varying natural terrain and layouts that use it. Only complaint is the scale, if it was scaled around 75% of what it currently is that would be a lot better in my opinion. Some sections kind of remind me of Broome Tioga for some reason (it's only been like 5 years staydown! :twisted: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 84#p710784)

Great first (mxs) track!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
killerSNOW

Post by killerSNOW »

good job
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Awesome track! I love tracks like this where there's lots of varying natural terrain and layouts that use it. Only complaint is the scale, if it was scaled around 75% of what it currently is that would be a lot better in my opinion.
Thanks dude! Working with interesting natural terrain is my jam. Main reason the track is so dang long is because I couldn't resist all the opportunities the terrain offered. Agreed and noted regarding the scaling.

KillerSNOW, I appreciate it!
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

this track is awesome duder. thanks
Srb_mtb

Post by Srb_mtb »

track is awesome but cant download on different comp because it says the file has been blocked for violation of the terms of service :cry: :cry:
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Srb_mtb wrote:track is awesome but cant download on different comp because it says the file has been blocked for violation of the terms of service :cry: :cry:
That's weird. Thanks for the heads up. I've contacted MediaFire to unblock it, but in the meantime here is a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cFM8 ... sp=sharing

Glad y'all are enjoying the track!
calou

Re : Sweetwater MX

Post by calou »

:P cool
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

ColtonD719 wrote:
Srb_mtb wrote:track is awesome but cant download on different comp because it says the file has been blocked for violation of the terms of service :cry: :cry:
That's weird. Thanks for the heads up. I've contacted MediaFire to unblock it, but in the meantime here is a Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cFM8 ... sp=sharing

Glad y'all are enjoying the track!
The issue with the MediaFire link has been resolved: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mj0gfxb8 ... twater.zip

Sorry for the inconvenience!