Update to an OG favorite - Grippy MX777

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Update to an OG favorite - Grippy MX777

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

NOT CREATED BY ME JUST PUT NEW TRACTION ON IT!

Credit to DJ_Diehl#777 for the track!

there's a pic of the track here.... http://www.puremxs.com/tracks/TrackView ... TrackID=87 but anyone who's played this knows the pic does no justice :roll:

i learned how to play the game on this track.. and i feel the new traction would have helped

New traction mx777 DL link; http://www.mediafire.com/file/36886dnim ... pyness.rar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Re: Update to an OG favorite - Grippy MX777

Post by sethiemeboi »

pretty sure you aren't allowed to do this
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

sethiemeboi wrote:pretty sure you aren't allowed to do this
Why?

I have taken no credit for it - just sharing to help others out
sneekyx
Crushed Dissenter
Team: fuck knows

Post by sneekyx »

you are a god!
TH_722 wrote:James always knows how to change the angle of my dangle.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

Dumbbelly29 wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:pretty sure you aren't allowed to do this
Why?

I have taken no credit for it - just sharing to help others out
ok.. i guess we'll see what people say. :|
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

People will disagree with what you've done because you never asked the original creator for consent to change his track.
I know you only changed the traction and you're clearly not taking any credit for creating anything other than the new traction so personally I don't see a major problem.
However, it would be common courtesy to ask the original creator for consent first rather than assuming he would be ok with you changing his track.
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

DangerJoe wrote:People will disagree with what you've done because you never asked the original creator for consent to change his track.
I know you only changed the traction and you're clearly not taking any credit for creating anything other than the new traction so personally I don't see a major problem.
However, it would be common courtesy to ask the original creator for consent first rather than assuming he would be ok with you changing his track.

I would've asked for permission but i haven't seen the guy around in years - only uploaded so that people could grab for an elim race, the only credit i take is for re-sharing a fucking awesome track...

though i'm happy to take down if people have a problem
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Dumbbelly29 wrote:
DangerJoe wrote:People will disagree with what you've done because you never asked the original creator for consent to change his track.

I would've asked for permission but i haven't seen the guy around in years - only uploaded so that people could grab for an elim race, the only credit i take is for re-sharing a fucking awesome track...

though i'm happy to take down if people have a problem
I also think it's disrespectful to the creator to alter his/released content and then releasing it without permission.

If I can suggest something that would be stepping on no-one's toes would be that you fix the traction, the upload only the folder with 1 file in it, which is the traction file. Then it can be seen as you've made an add-on to that track, instead of you releasing someone elses content. Same thing as people release a PNG with a seat or whatever, fitting another persons template, just that they don't include their template. So in this case people could download the traction and decide themselves whether they want to use it or not :)
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

Track link is now dead, feel free to check out the original on pureMXS though.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Don't be so rude guys, you all have a point but this guy only wanted to help the community.
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Pottsy

Post by Pottsy »

I'm sure the original creator would not have minded, knowing that all credit was still given to him, and that it was a change to help the new guys. This was the track I learned how to do whips on. Wahlamt did have a good point, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since the OG creator hasn't been around in years.
DangerJoe

Post by DangerJoe »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:Don't be so rude guys, you all have a point but this guy only wanted to help the community.
If that's aimed at me at all, I didn't intend to come accross rude, I was just pointing out why some may have a problem with it.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

DangerJoe wrote:
Tom cortvriendt wrote:Don't be so rude guys, you all have a point but this guy only wanted to help the community.
If that's aimed at me at all, I didn't intend to come accross rude, I was just pointing out why some may have a problem with it.
Yeah I know and I understand :D But imo he gives the guy enough credits
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
playwithdirt92
Team: Team Green Kawi

Post by playwithdirt92 »

new link?
juaco1472
Team: Double Dank

Post by juaco1472 »

Dumbbelly29 wrote:NOT CREATED BY ME JUST PUT NEW TRACTION ON IT!

Credit to DJ_Diehl#777 for the track!

there's a pic of the track here.... http://www.puremxs.com/tracks/TrackView ... TrackID=87 but anyone who's played this knows the pic does no justice :roll:

i learned how to play the game on this track.. and i feel the new traction would have helped

New traction mx777 DL link; http://www.mediafire.com/file/36886dnim ... pyness.rar
u need ban boi <3