2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd1 : Losail

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd1 : Losail

Post by M@xTizZz »

ↂ Track's precision
This is a full new version of Losail made by the "EMF trackmaking crew" for the 2017 EMF World MXSGP series (serie's thread here)

ↂ Download links
These tracks are the exclusive property of EMF for the purpose of the 2017 MXSGP series. Tracks are not permitted for use outside of this series until the series has concluded without expressed consent by EMF.
Note :
- we spent a lot of time at making different versions of the track, it is not the EMF responsability if you run a version your computer can't run properly.
- we didn't think a Superlow resolution version was needed, if you think it is, feel free to ask us below

Ultra resolution version - 196Mo

High resolution version - 141Mo
1/2 size of some objects from Ultra res, same decals quality

High resolution version2 - 123Mo
1/2 size of some objects from Ultra res, same decals quality, without unnecessary objects

Medium resolution version - 66.4Mo
1/2 size of objects and decals of High res

Medium resolution version2 - 59.2Mo
1/2 size of objects and decals of High res, without unnecessary objects

Low resolution version - 44.2Mo
1/2 size of objects and decals of Med res

Low resolution version2 - 40.6Mo
1/2 size of objects and decals of Med res, without unnecessary objects

Superlow resolution version - 36.1Mo
1/2 size of objects and decals of Low res, without unnecessary objects

ↂ Credits

Trackmaking part : Gabriele Grossi (base terrain) and Kristoffer Wenerklang (fixed base terrain, ruts, bumps)
3D Models part : Ruben Kuilder (new startback obj, arch, finish arch, pitlane), Vincent Delille (fences ,specific Losail's obj, workhouse, finishhouse, cameraman structure), Hans Haggwist (old losail obj, spotlights model)
Visual part : Maxime Tison (skybox, all decals, overlay, shadows, lighting, skins obj)
Placing objects : Bruno Gouttesoulard, Maxime Tison, Ruben Kuilder, Kristoffer Wernerklang

Special thanks to : P2sta, Jay, Checkers, DJ, SMR and off course JLV.
Last edited by M@xTizZz on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Justin Bubba Wood
Team: MMoto Suzuki

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd1 : Losail

Post by Justin Bubba Wood »

Track is awesome. Such an improvement from last year. Looks like good things to come if this is anything to go by.
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Amazing track. Layout and visual wise. Well made!
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Really cool track, just a little too easy imo :P
So a little more ruffness would be good and more realistic, other than that great work. :)
Juanitwo
Team: Privateer

Post by Juanitwo »

the track is beautiful but not opti for bads configs...
MX|VISUALS
Team: Privateer

Post by MX|VISUALS »

Juanitwo wrote:the track is beautiful but not opti for bads configs...
low res really isn't low res, i get the same FPS as trying to run high res RF nat tracks
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

MX|VISUALS wrote:
low res really isn't low res, i get the same FPS as trying to run high res RF nat tracks
same fps than high res rF lool let me doubt of that, i run high res rF with a high level computer and get some lags sometime ...
I'll make a Superlow res then, i'll post it during the night or tomorrow
Maxime Tison
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

dp

and i run this one in ultra res full graphic setting in game without any problems
Maxime Tison
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Lets give this feedback thing ago for once :lol:

Terrain:
Track feels very one lined and is very hard to pass as the inside line is mainly always faster, and the outside of the corners could of been made more ride-able if they weren't as flat and possibly open the racing up a lot more. Feel that it could do with more breaking bumps as it feels like am on a motorway and this is a GP track after all so there going to be giving it some gas and braking making a lot more bumps.Some of the ruts are way too rounded making it too easy to rail them. Don't know if this is just me or not but the jumps feel a bit small and a bit to mellow on the takeoffs, think they would be a bit more steeper in real life, and go pro don't do it justice as i noticed last year when i went to Matterley the wall they had was huge and was a struggle to walk up it but from the go pro i watched it didn't look no where as step as it was so that's a thing for you guys to think about.

Objects:
You guys have defiantly stepped up with objects looks great. I think some of the some the objects are missing shading which i think is why they look really bright, a bit to bright for a race at night.

Decals:
Track dirt looked a bit to dark for Qatar's dusty sandy soil. The black decal not sure if its meant to be tarmac or some sort of mat but i noticed that it is placed very roughly and i think you should of spent a little more time on that or made a circle version of the decal to make the corner not look as rough as they did. Offtrack dirt looked near enough perfect to reall life so good job with that.

Skybox:
Loved the skybox but i think the moon was a bit oversized lol.

Overall though boys really enjoy the track and is very fun and fast
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

One of the first GP tracks I've ever enjoyed playing, thanks to everyone that made it.
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
chrischanning202

Post by chrischanning202 »

Just gonna give my opinion too, might help going forward and good to see from different players' perspective:

Good points:
Track looks great. Lighting, decals, signage all looks good, I think it will look really good with cams on stream! Good job on that!
Play-ability - I like the fact that this track has a fun factor and should be easy enough for most to pick up and play.
Listened to us from last year - White hay bales make it much easier to see compared to 2016 :lol:

Constructive points (rather than bad lol):
The track seems to be very one-lined and feels like the inside lines have only been tested. It will bring out consistency which is good, however may make for a little more boring racing as there aren't many passing places.
Following on from that, the ruts are just radial paint corners which have clearly been constructed as perfect semi-circles, makes it quite unrealistic and easy to see the track is just put together in the editor.
As Aaron said the track is like a motorway. I like the amount of roughness in some corners, but in some it is very easy to wash the front end over everything as you're flying down a highway and coming into a small tight inside rut. You can also in every corner go from outside to inside because of the lack of roughness.

Suggestions:
Test out each line against one-another to get a good race flowing track.
Make sure insides have big ruts but big braking bumps so you have to slow a lot to get into them.
Keep up the good work in terms of aesthetics of the track!

Track will take me a bit of getting used to as I'm sliding out everywhere atm :lol: Might be nothing against you guys as I'm a bit rusty outdoors again!

Overall I still like the track so don't take this as a moan, because it is good and I think you've done a good job. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
Thanks for you work guys!
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

thanks for your constructive and complete feedbacks Aaron and Chris, we'll use them for next tracks for sure
Maxime Tison
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

My 2 cents on the track:

As previous posters has mentioned the track is fairly one lined and when there is multiple lines, ususally the inside line isnt rough enough to make it even with the rest so the inside is almost always the fastest.
Also the roughness has been toned down and the laptimes both on Ams and Pros shows this. Its not nearly the gap between the riders as its usually are.

HOWEVER

As a replica this is pretty spot on. For any of you who watched the race this weekend could tell that the track IS extremely one-lined.
It also doesnt get nearly as rough.
How this should be balanced is another issue, do you make the track one-lined and hard to pass on as it was in the race or do you go away from the characteristics of the track and make it better for racing? Its a tough call. I personally like them more like replicas. It makes for different races every round.

The traction is a perfect balance between grippy and slippery.
The decals is great (Yay we can see the ruts in 1st person!)
The objects i good enough. Its not 100% but nothing to complain about at all.

Overall its probably one of the best replicas you´ve ever made in my opinion.
The fact thats its fairly easy to be consistent on will most likely provide some great racing, even though passing will be difficult and it doesnt separate guys as usual but it will at least provide close racing.

Super pumped on what this year will bring!
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

I like the track definately a major step up from last years. Only thing I can complain about is the inside ruts being really close to the little mounds on the inside and then the ruts being to close to one another in some corners. Other than that its pretty good.
Fair Play.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I always want to tell my point of view when making the tracks, the vision I had for them, so bare with me and you might get some answers :)
Faltsu wrote:Really cool track, just a little too easy imo :P
So a little more ruffness would be good and more realistic, other than that great work. :)
Hehe, glad we're on the same page Valtteri ;) This track we had as "do not fuck up round", like people seemed to think last year. We tried to give it some roughness but still be simple enough for newer people to be able to play, unlike some tracks previously released in sim :) So we just wanted to get a lot of people liking it :)
We did try to not be too hard on people's pc's. But good that you let us know, since some of us has high end configs and won't notice it ourselves.
Fro77 wrote:One of the first GP tracks I've ever enjoyed playing, thanks to everyone that made it.
Thanks! Super excited to hear this!
chrischanning202 wrote:Good points:
Track looks great. Lighting, decals, signage all looks good, I think it will look really good with cams on stream! Good job on that!
Play-ability - I like the fact that this track has a fun factor and should be easy enough for most to pick up and play.
Listened to us from last year - White hay bales make it much easier to see compared to 2016 :lol:
Thanks for your kind words, appreciate that you let us know what you liked!
chrischanning202 wrote:Constructive points (rather than bad lol):
The track seems to be very one-lined and feels like the inside lines have only been tested. It will bring out consistency which is good, however may make for a little more boring racing as there aren't many passing places.
As Aaron said the track is like a motorway. I like the amount of roughness in some corners, but in some it is very easy to wash the front end over everything as you're flying down a highway and coming into a small tight inside rut. You can also in every corner go from outside to inside because of the lack of roughness.
My method of working is: Testing each line so it rides good; or as I envision it to ride. I'll get more into that later I think. If there are split lines like single-table top or onto tabletop-roll off it, I like to just go into playback mode and measure the time difference so it's not 5 seconds or so. Also when I make tracks, I have a really hard time to do hotlaps or go super fast, I just want to go at a cool pace riding it sort of like in real life, not in a sim fast way. That's why it might lack some stuff. However even if some lines aren't as quick as the main line, I still hope it's a viable option if you don't want to follow the rider in front of you.
chrischanning202 wrote:Following on from that, the ruts are just radial paint corners which have clearly been constructed as perfect semi-circles, makes it quite unrealistic and easy to see the track is just put together in the editor.
This is funny :lol: No ruts were made with radial paint/add. All of them are raise/lower only as that's my preferred method. However they're made to "appeal" to a majority of riders and not being too difficult, that's why they're shaped like they are most of the time :)
chrischanning202 wrote:Suggestions:
Test out each line against one-another to get a good race flowing track.
Make sure insides have big ruts but big braking bumps so you have to slow a lot to get into them.
Keep up the good work in terms of aesthetics of the track!
I'll keep that in mind!
chrischanning202 wrote:Track will take me a bit of getting used to as I'm sliding out everywhere atm :lol: Might be nothing against you guys as I'm a bit rusty outdoors again!
How :P :?: :?: Traction for days :shock:
ryxn wrote:I like the track definately a major step up from last years. Only thing I can complain about is the inside ruts being really close to the little mounds on the inside and then the ruts being to close to one another in some corners. Other than that its pretty good.
The ruts being close to the banks is one thing I consider "realistic trackmaking". A lot of tracks in real life has either bales, fences, banks or other stuff on the insides preventing you from leaning over fully. If you ask me, that's a feature that I like. That it is a rut there, but perhaps not the preferred line. Better to have a rut there, in case someone fell in the main line, simple to navigate around.
ROSE822 wrote:Feedback not the best but you know...

Traction - Its like a highway compared to last years tracks... It needs to be ALOT slicker...

Decals - Way to dark for Losail needs to be lighter... The shading this year is a improvement by far!

Ruts - Not a fan at all once i played the track more...For Example below

These ruts are way to tight, you enter them and just stop dead.
We did try the slicker thing last year, we got about 100% hate on the traction, so this was just to play it safe and let most people be able to play without breaking controllers. Not all ruts in real life are shaped perfectly curved. I like those unique ones with hooks and tight parts in them, they're cool if you ask me, also nice to have something other than perfectly curved ones :)
ROSE822 wrote:No ruts or braking bumps? seems very odd to leave one corner with nothing on its like you've forgot about it...
That was intentional. More or less all other turns has ruts or bumps in them, I wanted to keep that corner open, so people have the potential to go inside-out, outside-inside. If you're stuck behind someone, you could switch up the line and perhaps cut inside of the guy in front, that was my idea at least.
ROSE822 wrote:These ruts are basically Blind ruts to me... they need to start way earlier and actually make it so you can see them...

Not the best as i most probably wont be racing... i would say Last years track was better by far...
They look fine for me, they're quite small so not too much to be seen. Glad that you like last years version, like it too :) I'll see if I can bring back some stuff from last years track in future ones.
Rayvenator wrote:My 2 cents on the track:

As previous posters has mentioned the track is fairly one lined and when there is multiple lines, ususally the inside line isn't rough enough to make it even with the rest so the inside is almost always the fastest.
Also the roughness has been toned down and the laptimes both on Ams and Pros shows this. Its not nearly the gap between the riders as its usually are.

HOWEVER

As a replica this is pretty spot on. For any of you who watched the race this weekend could tell that the track IS extremely one-lined.
It also doesnt get nearly as rough.
How this should be balanced is another issue, do you make the track one-lined and hard to pass on as it was in the race or do you go away from the characteristics of the track and make it better for racing? Its a tough call. I personally like them more like replicas. It makes for different races every round.

The traction is a perfect balance between grippy and slippery.
The decals is great (Yay we can see the ruts in 1st person!)
The objects i good enough. Its not 100% but nothing to complain about at all.

Overall its probably one of the best replicas you´ve ever made in my opinion.
The fact thats its fairly easy to be consistent on will most likely provide some great racing, even though passing will be difficult and it doesn't separate guys as usual but it will at least provide close racing.

Super pumped on what this year will bring!
Thanks Chris :)
Aaron Hall wrote:Lets give this feedback thing ago for once :lol:

Terrain:
Track feels very one lined and is very hard to pass as the inside line is mainly always faster, and the outside of the corners could of been made more ride-able if they weren't as flat and possibly open the racing up a lot more. Feel that it could do with more breaking bumps as it feels like am on a motorway and this is a GP track after all so there going to be giving it some gas and braking making a lot more bumps. Some of the ruts are way too rounded making it too easy to rail them. Don't know if this is just me or not but the jumps feel a bit small and a bit to mellow on the takeoffs, think they would be a bit more steeper in real life, and go pro don't do it justice as i noticed last year when i went to Matterley the wall they had was huge and was a struggle to walk up it but from the go pro i watched it didn't look no where as step as it was so that's a thing for you guys to think about.
As I stated before, ruts and roughness were made for even newcomers to have a chance to go around without having nightmares ;) However it does feel like a motorway. I could also have improved the line selection a bit, but that's hard to do without kicking it up 3 levels in roughness. I have to disagree with you on the jumps actually. They are scaled bigger in real life + if you measure air time, in game and in real life, it's actually not that bad. I've never played a replica track where most of the jumps has it close to real life. In sim, an air time of 2s feels small or perhaps normal. In real life just over a second gets you the same feeling. Reason 2 why there can't be super steep take-offs is that if you come up to a jump carrying a lot of speed, you'll have to slow down, obviously, however if it's a super steep jump, you'll just be launched and it's awkward and weird to time good... I've tried before and it usually isn't good or feels natural, so this is in my mind the best to go by. If anyone disagrees and can input their opinion, I'm more than happy to listen :)
Aaron Hall wrote:Objects:
You guys have defiantly stepped up with objects looks great. I think some of the some the objects are missing shading which i think is why they look really bright, a bit to bright for a race at night.

Decals:
Track dirt looked a bit to dark for Qatar's dusty sandy soil. The black decal not sure if its meant to be tarmac or some sort of mat but i noticed that it is placed very roughly and i think you should of spent a little more time on that or made a circle version of the decal to make the corner not look as rough as they did. Offtrack dirt looked near enough perfect to real life so good job with that.

Skybox:
Loved the skybox but i think the moon was a bit oversized lol.

Overall though boys really enjoy the track and is very fun and fast