Carson Road MX Facility

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Carson Road MX Facility

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Well here it is. This is a concept I've had in my mind for years. I've started it and then dropped it probably 3 different times in the past, but last year I started it and was determined to see it all the way through.

This compound is based on a warehouse facility that has been vacant for a few years. I drive by these warehouses weekly, and they have always been in the front of my mind when I fantasize about winning the lottery haha. We have a place up the road from me called Southern Supercross Park, which is owned by former pro Chad Ward (My very first sim track was a recreation of the sx track at this compound from 2008). SSP has an arena that hosts Alabama AX series races, and the unique aspect of the track, is that it is built below floor level, but a lane of the track is up on floor level. It is a pretty simple concept, but it is the basis for my Carson Road facility. The logistics of doing a facility like this in real life is pretty insane, but that is one of the great things about MX Sim right? You can build a sweet facility without having to worry about the real world cost lol.

SSP reference video

There are 6 layouts in this compound, including a free-ride version that has no timing gates. There is a full MX track, a short MX track, 2 pro SX tracks, a pro AX track, and an amateur AX track. The MX side is in one warehouse, and there is a Tunnel in the corner behind the start gate that leads to the other warehouse which holds the SX and AX tracks. In free-ride, gates 1-5 place you at each of the different tracks.

Motocross track

Supercross 1

Supercross 2

Pro AX

Amateur AX

Thanks to Colton for testing the track and making good suggestions. Everything on this is custom made. The decals and all objects are my own, but anyone is free to use any of them but I would love an acknowledgement if you do.

The download file will give you a folder named "Carson Road MX Facility" and inside of it are the individual folders. Remove all 7 folders from the main Carson Road folder and place each one inside your personal folder.

Have fun and as always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

Track download: https://www.mediafire.com/?ozvvd55q3oiy3ty 221 MB
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Rowdy_155
Team: MotoP
Location: on the corner working for a new bicycle and pooping

Re: Carson Road MX Facility

Post by Rowdy_155 »

Great track thanks.
I Race Moto
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Cant believe this dont have more comments. Such a sick idea tracks are a ton of fun. This is in my top 5
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

I dont know if its just a me problem but my decals will no show up :oops:
Rowdy_155
Team: MotoP
Location: on the corner working for a new bicycle and pooping

Post by Rowdy_155 »

RobertPink wrote:I dont know if its just a me problem but my decals will no show up :oops:
maybe if you would read
I Race Moto
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Rowdy_155 wrote:
RobertPink wrote:I dont know if its just a me problem but my decals will no show up :oops:
maybe if you would read
gheesh my bad I reread it chill
ColtonD719

Post by ColtonD719 »

Yeah dude! Glad to see this out in the wild. As I sad before, the concept is rad, and it's even cooler with the environment all fleshed out. Great work! Also, not sure what all you changed, but while it still dings my framerate a bit, it feels much better than the version I tried.

Someone should run a series on this, one round for each track.
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

RobertPink wrote:
Rowdy_155 wrote:
maybe if you would read
gheesh my bad I reread it chill
I'm glad you got it sorted out!
mx201 wrote:Cant believe this dont have more comments. Such a sick idea tracks are a ton of fun. This is in my top 5
Hey man I really appreciate that!
ColtonD719 wrote:Yeah dude! Glad to see this out in the wild. As I sad before, the concept is rad, and it's even cooler with the environment all fleshed out. Great work! Also, not sure what all you changed, but while it still dings my framerate a bit, it feels much better than the version I tried.

Someone should run a series on this, one round for each track.
Thanks dude! I worked on it until I was getting a solid fps.

I would love to know if people are having framer ate issues so I can work on that! I want to do a little like Kellen and the SYS team are doing with their compound, and change the layouts up from time to time and re-release. Any more feedback I can get would be awesome!
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

This is easily one of the best compounds ever made. Ever. Everything flows well, everything looks good, there are lots of lines and options, the tracks actually make sense (i.e. the AXs are tight and like real life AX). This is just awesome. Not one of those tracks that will be easily forgotten. Unlike other tracks and compounds that make one good track or hype up one specific part, every single track on this release is good and fun. 10/10
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
Bnastyyy920
Team: BTB Racing

Post by Bnastyyy920 »

One of my favorites by far, little laggy on some sorts of the track. But fun
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Really good and unique release. Nice work Chris! Thank you very much
Alex V111#1017
Bardragger3

Post by Bardragger3 »

Love the entire compound. Looks amazing and tracks are awesome. My only problem with the track is the framerates. On High FPS settings, it's still pretty difficult to ride. Was wondering if you might release a low-res version for us guys with crappy PCs. Would you be able to do that?
~Live every week like it's Shark Week~
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

This track is amazing!