2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd4 : Leon

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd4 : Leon

Post by M@xTizZz »

ↂ Track's precision
Full new version of Leon made by the "EMF trackmaking crew" for the 2017 EMF World MXSGP series (serie's thread here)

ↂ Download links
These tracks are the exclusive property of EMF for the purpose of the 2017 MXSGP series. Tracks are not permitted for use outside of this series until the series has concluded without expressed consent by EMF.
Note :
- we spent a lot of time at making different versions of the track, it is not the EMF responsability if you run a version your computer can't run properly.
- we didn't think a Superlow resolution version was needed, if you think it is, feel free to ask us below

Ultra resolution version - 220Mo

High resolution version - 86.6Mo
1/2 size of objects textures and decals from Ultra res

Medium resolution version - 49.4Mo
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of High res

Medium resolution version2 - 43.3Mo
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of High res, without unnecessary objects and trees

Low resolution version - 39.7Mo
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of Med res

Low resolution version2 - 35.9Mo
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of Med res, without unnecessary objects and trees

ↂ Credits

Trackmaking part : Kristoffer Wenerklang (base terrain, ruts, bumps)
3D Models part : Ruben Kuilder (new startback obj, arch, finish arch, pitlane), Vincent Delille (fences, specific obj, workhouse, big Leon tent, cameraman structure), Hans Haggwist (old losail obj, spotlights model)
Visual part : Maxime Tison (skybox, overlay, shadows, lighting, skins obj, all decals)
Placing objects : Gabriele Grossi, Maxime Tison, Bruno Gouttesoulard, Kristoffer Wernerklang

Special thanks to : rF for some of their old objects, Stephen and Checkers, Jay, P2sta, DJ, SMR and off course JLV.
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd4 : Leon

Post by HarryWhite71 »

Track looks sick!
Can't wait to get home and try!
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Good job with the track, like the roughness but i think it would be better for everyone if hardpack tracks has real ruts instead of berms :P
It would be more realistic, fun and would force riders to go a little slower to corners and aim to the rut=less falloffs=more happy ppl.

Took a couple screenshot to show what i mean

And should be a little more like this is think. not as deep tho because its a hardpack

This corner is pretty much what i mean :)
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Faltsu wrote:Good job with the track, like the roughness but i think it would be better for everyone if hardpack tracks has real ruts instead of berms :P
It would be more realistic, fun and would force riders to go a little slower to corners and aim to the rut=less falloffs=more happy ppl.

Took a couple screenshot to show what i mean

And should be a little more like this is think. not as deep tho because its a hardpack

This corner is pretty much what i mean :)

thanks for the great feedback again Valtteri
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
team canada

Post by team canada »

IMO the track isn't very good. A lot of the ruts start at the exit of the corner which pretty much makes them useless as you have to make the turn before you ever get into a rut which is not realistic. Also a lot of the turns have an inside line or two, and then an outside berm but anywhere in between is basically no mans land and there's no reason to ever ride there. I know not every corner is like that some are built very well. I just think it takes away from the fun, it's definitely still fun just think those things would really help. Thanks for putting in the effort, though! Definitely appreciate it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I appreciate the feedback I get guys. Also when I'm replying to your posts, I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right, I just want to explain my idea behind the creations. The valid feedback I get is welcome and evaluated :)
team canada wrote:IMO the track isn't very good. A lot of the ruts start at the exit of the corner which pretty much makes them useless as you have to make the turn before you ever get into a rut which is not realistic. Also a lot of the turns have an inside line or two, and then an outside berm but anywhere in between is basically no mans land and there's no reason to ever ride there.

This is something I think a lot about too, how to do this. To me, I see it like this:

1. You have ruts you can rail.
2. You have ruts that you cannot rail.
(more or less)

The #1 is really simple, just make the ground "normal" (up from the ground) and lower the inside a little. Done! However to make number #2 is a completely different story. One of the things making a turn (not a rut) less railable is that you won't immediately enter a rut to rail. You have to slow down a bit, aim and then perhaps open it up banking on the rut, or just riding it. You can also add bumps in it, forcing the rider to have to be careful. The last one is that you can "only" dig the ruts into the ground, this CAN result in railable ruts, but if you do this and then don't cut into the inside, you'll have deep ruts you cannot lean in, which is no fun to most people since you'll only "slide out" in the rut. I'm trying to mix them a bit, depending on where it is.

Why there is some open no mans land is because it is in real life. Of course it isn't always like that, but most times there aren't 7 ruts in a turn leaving no space flat (when I've ridden at least) but rather a few major lines people use. Also I hate when tracks only locks you in ruts, the bigger, the worse to me. Southwick 2016 was in my mind a bit like that for sim. In real life, there doesn't appear to be very many ruts, but even if there are, it's sand so you can just blast over them in any direction you want, Tomac made that clear :) Where as in sim (I've played the track very little, so I may very well be wrong) both watching the stream and riding it, it felt like it had 2 major lines around the track, not leaving you with the option to square a turn up or block someone off. If you have a bit of open turn, both can you avoid downed riders as well as you do have the option to run someone wide and steal their line. At least that is how I've felt it, I'd like to know what you guys think of it :)
team canada wrote:Thanks for putting in the effort, though! Definitely appreciate it.
Always great to see appreciation whether you like or dislike the track, thanks a tonne :)