Dallas 2008

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Re: Dallas 2008

Post by rgaede »

Down to a 1:13.1, with two crashes. I can't seem to ride a lap w/o crashing at least once. :lol:
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

1:03.8 with the RM125 :) Screenshot in the fastest laps thread http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

jlv wrote:
genEric122 wrote:This is what I get with both versions.....I have tried the original and the update, along with deleting them and just trying JLV's but still no textures?
When you have the menu up, what does it say in the bottom right corner of the screen? You need at least "2008-05-17 snapshot".
Thanks, I did not have the latest snapshot :oops: .....I need to keep up with the other parts of the forum I guess.
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

Can someone please help me out here. After all these updates and stuff this track still does not work on my computer. When i use the update made by JLV i all of a sudden have 2 dallas tracks to choose from. One shows me the track without the tuff blockes and stuff and the other one makes my game crash and put my computer back to desktop.
When i then rename the Dallas2008 folder i only see 1 Dallas track in game but if i then try to run it the track shows snow white.

Can someone please tell me what exactly i have to download and where exactly i have to put it ? I think i have tried everything but still no go.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

i also got 2 tracks. none of them has objects. but the tracks is good and im fine with that
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

Mumhra wrote:Can someone please help me out here. After all these updates and stuff this track still does not work on my computer. When i use the update made by JLV i all of a sudden have 2 dallas tracks to choose from. One shows me the track without the tuff blockes and stuff and the other one makes my game crash and put my computer back to desktop.
When i then rename the Dallas2008 folder i only see 1 Dallas track in game but if i then try to run it the track shows snow white.

Can someone please tell me what exactly i have to download and where exactly i have to put it ? I think i have tried everything but still no go.

oh i forgot to say theres no tuff blocks on dallas just textures
WHOA THERE
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The version I updated should show up as "2008 Dallas Supercross". The only objects should be the stadium and the finish line. The textures should work. Let me know it they don't.
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

ok :) I see the stadium and the finish line so it works. I thought i needed to see lots more objects. Guess i was wrong lol.
yomo

Post by yomo »

jlv wrote:Some people are having trouble with this track not finding its textures and objects. As far as I can tell the problem is inconsistent use of upper/lower case in the filenames. I renamed the folder 2008_dallas_sx and fixed all the textures/object references. Here is the updated track (DJ's update is included).

http://mxsimulator.com/tracks/2008_dallas_sx.saf

If the future, use lowercase for all folder and file names. If you use use mixed case you are almost certain to get it wrong somewhere.
hello but when i click on that link it just comes up as a text file in another window. how do i put that into the folder or wat do i have to do.

i also have the track being completly white!

thanks
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Right click and save as
yomo

Post by yomo »

ahahaha im so dumb,

thanks DJ, works now :D