2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd11 : Ottobiano

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd11 : Ottobiano

Post by GHarlan »

manii20 wrote:Just stop already. You are making a fool of yourself.
i was asking a question for someone but ok
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

GHarlan wrote:"Why is the track built on a platform"- Rush ChappedDick
I'm assuming you're referencing why the track path is raised? That's because the majority of the on-track soil appears to be raised above the base height in the few videos we were able to find. If you're going to nitpick and criticize, please take a minute to look at the way it's actually made irl.

Anyway, the day that Tizz pointed out Maggoria was replaced with Otto, we started building the base in accordance with the few videos we could find and the GE overlay - which, btw, does not match the the final layout revealed a week-ish ago. This round required us to build a replacement round track no one has ever seen outside of local races, plus the additional revisions that were made based on the projected GP layout - work which Gab took head on in the final couple of weeks, amidst studying for exams, in an effort to provide the best representation of what the irl track could be (as best as we can tell).

The point is, it's a bit disheartening to have Gab put in the work he has on this just to come here and read a giant pissing match about rut height, because building a track none of us have seen irl is an incredibly difficult job - I just wish someone would have at least said "Thanks Gab, this was a hard project, I appreciate your effort." The guy put in time here, and all that I'm seeing is a cat fight...just saying, sometimes - even if you have something critical to say - it's not the worst thing to start with "hey man, thanks for your hours of work here, but I think this may have worked a bit better...."

That said, I don't have an disillusions of me talking you into being reasonable, but do want to say that I am sorry you don't find it enjoyable, and hopefully you'll find the upcoming rounds more to your liking.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Post by GHarlan »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
GHarlan wrote:"Why is the track built on a platform"- Rush ChappedDick
That said, I don't have an disillusions of me talking you into being reasonable, but do want to say that I am sorry you don't find it enjoyable, and hopefully you'll find the upcoming rounds more to your liking.
Oh i love the track actually, I was just asking for rush since he got banned from the forums. Ruts on this track are amazing and would love to see them stay that way.
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Great track guys
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

I think the main point is that the track is fun, its a fairly good replica, and everyone has to race on the same damn track. I say deal with the parts on the track you dont like because it will make you a better player and just know that if you are raging during the race, that everyone is on the same track, with the same size ruts. :D :D :D good job emf with this one!
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

im not sure why, but what is going on with the traction these days? it takes all the fun out of it when it feels like "Disney On Ice" out there.
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:im not sure why, but what is going on with the traction these days? it takes all the fun out of it when it feels like "Disney On Ice" out there.
Are you high? :D :D
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Well hopefully I get back in time to race tomorrow. RIP me, having to be on the road from 6AM to who knows what time. Growing up sucks breh.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:im not sure why, but what is going on with the traction these days? it takes all the fun out of it when it feels like "Disney On Ice" out there.

there is 2x more traction than last year Southwick so i think you're high
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
ivarrr
Team: Hitcase

Post by ivarrr »

manii20

Post by manii20 »

Please keep making tracks like you used to before...