2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
electrick_neon

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post by electrick_neon »

Ddavis wrote:I'm not whining about the track, just trying to give them my 2 cents on the track. Better tracks = more riders = better racing = more money in their pockets.
+1
KieranEvans122
Team: Privateer

Post by KieranEvans122 »

electrick_neon wrote:
Ddavis wrote:I'm not whining about the track, just trying to give them my 2 cents on the track. Better tracks = more riders = better racing = more money in their pockets.
+1
+1
Kieran Evans | Privateer
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Ddavis wrote:Better tracks = more riders = better racing = more money in their pockets.
The idea that this is an absolute truth is incredibly short sided and an elementary jump to conclusions that disregards a long list of possible influencing factors. Not shouting down at your ability to have an opinion on the matter, but the suggestion that the causal relationship you've outlined here is the actual explanation for everything - therefor, allowing you (and others) to draw conclusions about things based on your assumption - lacks the imagination to think outside of your own personal opinion.

One of the simplest, most insightful things learned in school was the basic concept that correlation does not imply causation. (No clue what that means? Click here, I've done your google search for you). I'm constantly astonished at how often I see that logical fallacy pop up outside of mathematics.

Now, can we do better? Absolutely, point me to any person doing any job/task that couldn't be doing better. Are we genuinely trying to improve? You bet your ass we are, have been, and will continue to - something that would happen regardless of what is said on this forum. The idea that we've given up and thrown in the towel is asinine.

For someone who doesn't race the series, hasn't ridden many of the tracks, admittedly doesn't like the style which these tracks have tried to take to differentiate from the guys at rF who do a great job, you sure have found the reason for everything pretty damn quickly.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote: For someone who doesn't race the series, hasn't ridden many of the tracks, admittedly doesn't like the style which these tracks have tried to take to differentiate from the guys at rF who do a great job, you sure have found the reason for everything pretty damn quickly.
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:Better tracks = more riders = better racing = more money in their pockets.
The idea that this is an absolute truth is incredibly short sided and an elementary jump to conclusions that disregards a long list of possible influencing factors. Not shouting down at your ability to have an opinion on the matter, but the suggestion that the causal relationship you've outlined here is the actual explanation for everything - therefor, allowing you (and others) to draw conclusions about things based on your assumption - lacks the imagination to think outside of your own personal opinion.

One of the simplest, most insightful things learned in school was the basic concept that correlation does not imply causation. (No clue what that means? Click here, I've done your google search for you). I'm constantly astonished at how often I see that logical fallacy pop up outside of mathematics.

Now, can we do better? Absolutely, point me to any person doing any job/task that couldn't be doing better. Are we genuinely trying to improve? You bet your ass we are, have been, and will continue to - something that would happen regardless of what is said on this forum. The idea that we've given up and thrown in the towel is asinine.

For someone who doesn't race the series, hasn't ridden many of the tracks, admittedly doesn't like the style which these tracks have tried to take to differentiate from the guys at rF who do a great job, you sure have found the reason for everything pretty damn quickly.

+1
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

manii20 wrote:Just because it doesn't have boulders on the track like rf, doesn't mean it's like a stock track... Just because it's different than your 10000ft deep ruts everywhere with boulders around it, it doesn't make this a bad track.
manii20 wrote:
krossboy wrote:Tracks should be progressing, not regressing.
*cough* rf *cough*
You're suggesting because rF decided to up-scale tracks for better racing they are regressing? Obviously your complaints are exaggerated and subjective, but I'd say the direction they went has worked for the most part. I can't recall many times this summer where people have complained after the fact that a track raced poorly. I'd take a track with 10,000 ft. deep ruts and boulders that's fun to race 39 others on over not having any series at all.
manii20

Post by manii20 »

SKlein wrote: You're suggesting because rF decided to up-scale tracks for better racing they are regressing? Obviously your complaints are exaggerated and subjective, but I'd say the direction they went has worked for the most part. I can't recall many times this summer where people have complained after the fact that a track raced poorly. I'd take a track with 10,000 ft. deep ruts and boulders that's fun to race 39 others on over not having any series at all.
I'm just saying rf tracks were way better until 2016. I tried every rf track to Unadilla and that was the only track I liked.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

rF = Tracks made for great racing and passing opportunities with the downside of the tracks looking unrealistic.
EMF = Throw some lines here, here, and here.

Also if we want to talk about realism wtf is this.
I mean I get that its hard to take time and try to perfect every track in a 19 round series but this is what you guys signed up for.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

just quit making tracks less hassle, win win
DaleMullins873
Team: Transmoto

Post by DaleMullins873 »

ROSE822 wrote:just quit making tracks less hassle, win win
⚔️2017 Australian MX2 Nationals Champion
⚔️2019 MXSEMF 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2019 Australian 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2020 EMF NA Supercross 250 Champion
Rmartin99

Post by Rmartin99 »

Jay_T99
Team: JIBR.CO

Post by Jay_T99 »

DaleMullins873 wrote:
team canada

Post by team canada »

I've played almost every EMF and rF track and have raced quite a few of them and the biggest difference between the two in my opinion is rF seems to focus on making the tracks fun, playable and provide good racing, whereas EMF seems to want to have more realistic lines and roughness and just hope it races well. I don't have any proof to back up my claim but it honestly feels that way. I'm not saying all EMF tracks are bad or anything as a lot of them are quite fun but it just seems you guys really miss the mark when it comes to making a track race well, which to me is the most important factor of making tracks for a series. I rarely quit mid moto as I really only race because I like to battle with other people but some of the EMF tracks this year were just no fun to race on and that really ruined it for me.

I don't mean to come across as talking shit or anything as I appreciate the time and effort you guys spend on these tracks, and I know it's not easy to try to please everyone, I just feel there is a decent amount of room for improvement.
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

i thought the track was really good alot of the race was running similar lap times and you had to be consistent and fast. alot of the passing came from missing the 1 or 2 inside lines and the person behind nailing them.

and i think thats better than woops i didnt quad triple down this section coming into the turn and got a legs off which a lot of RF tracks seem to be, alot of the time you are just jumping over the bumps rarther than hitting then
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion