2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post by M@xTizZz »

ↂ Track's precision
Full new version of Uddevalla made by the "EMF trackmaking crew" for the 2017 EMF World MXSGP series (serie's thread here)

ↂ Download links
These tracks are the exclusive property of EMF for the purpose of the 2017 MXSGP series. Tracks are not permitted for use outside of this series until the series has concluded without expressed consent by EMF.
Note :
- we spent a lot of time at making different versions of the track, it is not the EMF responsibility if you run a version your computer can't run properly.

Ultra resolution version

High resolution version
1/2 size of objects textures and decals from Ultra res

High resolution version2
Ultra res decals textures and High res objects textures without crowd

Medium resolution version
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of High res

Medium resolution version2
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of High res, without unnecessary objects and trees

Low resolution version
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of Med res

Low resolution version2
1/2 size of objects textures and decals of Med res, without unnecessary objects and trees

Superlow resolution version
1/4 size of objects textures and decals of Low res, without unnecessary objects and trees

ↂ Credits

Trackmaking part : Kristoffer Wenerklang
3D Models part : Ruben Kuilder (new redbull tent, new startback obj, arch, finish arch, pitlane), Vincent Delille (fences, big gradin, workhouse, cameraman structure), Aaron Hall (new small tent, VIP tent, mx tent, picnictable), Hans Haggwist (old GP obj), SMR (large tent), Michael Buitendijk (Tower)
Visual part : Maxime Tison (overlay, skybox, shadows, lighting, decals)
Placing objects : Maxime Tison, Gabriele Grossi, Bruno Gouttesoulard

Special thanks to : rF for some of their old objects, Stephen and Checkers, Jay, P2sta, DJ, SMR and off course JLV.
RDeck36
Team: Schaeffers motorspor

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post by RDeck36 »

Looks awesome! Downloading now!
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Be honest now, do you guys actually care about the tracks this year? You literally had the race to look at and then go in and make the changes, in order for us (people who paid to race) to have the best/realistic racing experience. This track isn't even remotely close to Uddevalla we saw.

Honestly feel like you guys don't care anymore. Yes, you put in the time and do the tracks, but do you go in with the mindset of: "yeah, lets try to make and awesome and realistic track!" or "fuck man, another one we got to make...". To me, it seems like the second one.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Only few things are off from gp race. I talked with Storken and he said he didn't have enough time to update it.

Anyways pretty sick track, few bumps are really weird but I told that to Storken in pm already.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

krossboy wrote:Be honest now, do you guys actually care about the tracks this year? You literally had the race to look at and then go in and make the changes, in order for us (people who paid to race) to have the best/realistic racing experience. This track isn't even remotely close to Uddevalla we saw.

Honestly feel like you guys don't care anymore. Yes, you put in the time and do the tracks, but do you go in with the mindset of: "yeah, lets try to make and awesome and realistic track!" or "fuck man, another one we got to make...". To me, it seems like the second one.
Honestly laughed at this lol
Aggressively Mediocre Image
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
krossboy wrote:Be honest now, do you guys actually care about the tracks this year? You literally had the race to look at and then go in and make the changes, in order for us (people who paid to race) to have the best/realistic racing experience. This track isn't even remotely close to Uddevalla we saw.

Same haha
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Without even considering if the layout is the same as the event in real life, you have to wonder if they put any time into the track other than making the layout somewhat recognizable then adding a couple shitty ruts here and there. Have the GP tracks been like this all year? I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

krossboy wrote:This track isn't even remotely close to Uddevalla we saw.
First off, we do care. I especially cared about this track since I've been wanting to make this track for 7 years, never gotten around to. It's also my local track where I used to live 25 minutes away from it.

It isn't remotely close, okay.

1. The overlay I had to work on, when I started this track, this overlay was the closest one I could find to 2017. The trackpath is still the same, but due to being a tad old, a few sections didn't align up 100% when they released a new one, where we also didn't have time to spend 2 days, just on making the old one fit.

2. The track were the same up until like a few weeks before the race. I took my friend out to the track a random evening so we could go there. I took over 100 photos in addition to the gopro's I already had, both from me riding a few years back and the 2015 race ones. I even went there a 2nd time, but still the same layout. So they changed a few parts (mainly adding stupid singles) just some week before. By the time I saw a gopro of the track, I was no longer at home so I couldn't change anything on the track, also I didn't want it to be poorly just "put in" last minute in order to have the changes. Also the waves changed from 4 to 7, same here.

3. Uddevalla is shit 99% of the year. Due to GP's being such a heavy load on the organization, nobody wants to be there for the rest of the year and prep the track. The ground is concrete (unless it is raining when riding) and it can be bumps/ruts that are super old. It's really hard to know how it will be for the race. In 2015, they didn't really rip it to deep or prepare it. Imo it was dreadful to see.

Personally, the flat base without anything, is the best one I have made so far. Both because it is close to the track in real life and I found it fun to ride. Sadly enough, I had so much shit to do during my summer vacation that I didn't have the time to just sit and fine tune it as I was hoping from the beginning.

Besides missing all these minor thing they changes last minute, is there anything else far off? I'd really want the feedback of that.
krossboy

Post by krossboy »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:

Looking at Lommel, do you think you did great job?

EMF Nationals having more entries, more qualifiers and full gates to start the moto says all about the MXGP series/tracks, take it how you want it, but that's a fact.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

What i really think is that what people wants now is just 1 trackmaking style: 1 meter tall rut and 1 meter tall bump and rail everything. Everything else is shit: 3 different trackmakers, 3 different styles in the mxgp serie but they all suck even if they put in it a huge amount of work trying to do things better. If this is what people wants we will be very pleased to change our style then...
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
krossboy

Post by krossboy »

Wahlamt wrote:
krossboy wrote:This track isn't even remotely close to Uddevalla we saw.
First off, we do care. I especially cared about this track since I've been wanting to make this track for 7 years, never gotten around to. It's also my local track where I used to live 25 minutes away from it.

It isn't remotely close, okay.

1. The overlay I had to work on, when I started this track, this overlay was the closest one I could find to 2017. The trackpath is still the same, but due to being a tad old, a few sections didn't align up 100% when they released a new one, where we also didn't have time to spend 2 days, just on making the old one fit.

2. The track were the same up until like a few weeks before the race. I took my friend out to the track a random evening so we could go there. I took over 100 photos in addition to the gopro's I already had, both from me riding a few years back and the 2015 race ones. I even went there a 2nd time, but still the same layout. So they changed a few parts (mainly adding stupid singles) just some week before. By the time I saw a gopro of the track, I was no longer at home so I couldn't change anything on the track, also I didn't want it to be poorly just "put in" last minute in order to have the changes. Also the waves changed from 4 to 7, same here.

3. Uddevalla is shit 99% of the year. Due to GP's being such a heavy load on the organization, nobody wants to be there for the rest of the year and prep the track. The ground is concrete (unless it is raining when riding) and it can be bumps/ruts that are super old. It's really hard to know how it will be for the race. In 2015, they didn't really rip it to deep or prepare it. Imo it was dreadful to see.

Personally, the flat base without anything, is the best one I have made so far. Both because it is close to the track in real life and I found it fun to ride. Sadly enough, I had so much shit to do during my summer vacation that I didn't have the time to just sit and fine tune it as I was hoping from the beginning.

Besides missing all these minor thing they changes last minute, is there anything else far off? I'd really want the feedback of that.
Looking at 2015 Go Pro's from Uddevalla, I can see what the track is based on, so I have to take my words back a bit, I compered it to the track we saw this year (which people expect, agree or disagree).

But alright, lets move on from the fact that it's hard to get the layout 100% correct, with them making the changes last minute. But make the track somewhat chellenging then?

RIght now there is hardly any braking bumps/chop and the inside ruts is what everyone will go for, no point to go for the outside, when the inside is easy to rail? Use some imagination and try to picture the 2nd moto track or something along those lines and try to shoot for that. What we have right now is track after first EMX125 practise.

I feel like there isn't much to seperate the guys line/technique wise, other than who has put in most hours on the track. Erode races are very good example, everyone sends it in the main line, until it get's hard to ride there/go fast and you have to venture out. Why not make it like so in the replica tracks right now? Make the MAIN LINE rough/hard to ride fast, so that you have to look for other lines, but IF you have the skill, the setup and the balls to hit the main line every lap, then go for it. At the moment, everyone can rail the main line.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
krossboy

Post by krossboy »

honda23 wrote:What i really think is that what people wants now is just 1 trackmaking style: 1 meter tall rut and 1 meter tall bump and rail everything. Everything else is shit: 3 different trackmakers, 3 different styles in the mxgp serie but they all suck even if they put in it a huge amount of work trying to do things better. If this is what people wants we will be very pleased to change our style then...
Speaking for myself, I don't want big ruts, big bumps. I want the track to be good for racing and for it to seperate people, having to look for other lines, not only riding in the main lines. You have to find a way to make the main line hard to ride.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

krossboy wrote: Yes, you put in the time and do the tracks, but do you go in with the mindset of: "yeah, lets try to make and awesome and realistic track!" or "fuck man, another one we got to make...". To me, it seems like the second one.
This is an argument no one can't win there is alot of people who want realistic tracks and others who want more rf style if you do one style one week people will complain, try the other style the next week people will complain
krossboy wrote:Be honest now, do you guys actually care about the tracks this year? You literally had the race to look at and then go in and make the changes, in order for us (people who paid to race) to have the best/realistic racing experience. .
From what i know Stroken was at the GP all weekend(storken is also the person who made the terrain), so with that being said you really think that Storken has enough time to come home from a GP update the terrain then go to sleep so he can go to work the next morning, unfortunately not everyone has countless hours to put into MXS whether that be riding or making something for it.
krossboy wrote: EMF Nationals having more entries, more qualifiers and full gates to start the moto says all about the MXGP series/tracks, take it how you want it, but that's a fact.
You have to take into account that the reasons there is more people showing upto the National series is because there is only 2 classes but for the mxsgp series there is 5
Ddavis wrote:I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
This part can be very hit and miss simply because this year they pulled in a fuck load of dirt just so the track would be a decent gp with ruts forming etc.
Ddavis wrote: with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
If you go back and watch the race this is actually how it is, very one lined and if you wanted to try another line you normally got fucked. Febvre for instance tried to go wide one corner and it fucked him due to no one riding that line all day

My feedback:
Obviously you couldn't get the track 100% right simply because of the last minute changes which MXGP did, i feel if it was left to its original dirt the track would be pretty spot on but with them bringing in a load of dirt that created so many more ruts etc, so if it is in the calendar for next year that would be something to work on. Tracks hard to qualify on simple cause it a track which you need to be very careful on but i feel that even tho there is mainly just one fast line it may make for good racing, with everyone having to slow down and it will more come down to corner speed etc to pass someone
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Ddavis wrote:making the layout somewhat recognizable then adding a couple shitty ruts here and there. I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
Just because it doesn't have boulders on the track like rf, doesn't mean it's like a stock track. This track is actually really decent, and just because it's different than your 10000ft deep ruts everywhere with boulders around it, it doesn't make this a bad track.
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Post by Liddzor »

manii20 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:making the layout somewhat recognizable then adding a couple shitty ruts here and there. I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
Just because it doesn't have boulders on the track like rf, doesn't mean it's like a stock track. This track is actually really decent, and just because it's different than your 10000ft deep ruts everywhere with boulders around it, it doesn't make this a bad track.[/quot

Its a good track, fun and great work with the jumps. But i was on that gp and the *ruts was nuts* lol, really deep and they was wideopen almoste before the turns, not like this tracks, when you have to be super smooth on the trottle because the ruts are super small. I like it more ruff and more deep ruts, but thats me and am a nobody haha
Am happy that you dudes are killin your free time and making tracks and the series to race, great work :)