2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd16 : Uddevalla

Post by Sandhapper »

krossboy wrote: Looking at 2015 Go Pro's from Uddevalla, I can see what the track is based on, so I have to take my words back a bit, I compered it to the track we saw this year (which people expect, agree or disagree).
This is the dumbest thing I have read on the forums in a long while. Do you expect rF or MXGP the game to replicate the tracks of that current year as well? The real life races are like 3 days before the EMF races. There is no way someone can make an EMF or rF track in 3 days. Even MXGP the game has everything from the previous year.
Are you thinking the same about the rF supercross tracks? 90% of the tracks aren't exactly like real life either.

Anyway.. feedback on the track;
Visually: I really like it. One of the best of the season if you ask me. Visually Max made a big step. There's still some stuff that could be improved IMO. I've given him feedback already.
Terrain: Really good. Perhaps not exactly the same as this years real life track, but I doubt anyone is stupid enough to expect that. Oh wait... I have to admit though, that I also feel like the track is a bit too flat, but that's how the gps are, I think. With the real life traction everyone except EMF hates this would've been very realistic. With this 'fun' tracktion, you'd have to add some more roughness. What I noticed the first lap I rode it, was that there weren't any acceleration bumps. Having more acceleration bumps on the inside than on the outside will make the track have more lines where players can choose from. Sure, maybe in real life the track is one lined without acceleration bumps, but for a game like Mx Simulator it should have multiple lines and maybe a little unrealistic bumps and ruts. Don't overdo it though!
krossboy wrote: Looking at Lommel, do you think you did great job?
He absolutely did do a great job. Maybe it wasn't as rough as some of you would've liked. But 90% of the community gave EMF shit because tracks were too realistic and / or too rough. Justin tried to make it less rough, but still a fun track to play, and he absolutely killed it. I love that track. Together with Uddevalla the best tracks of this whole season.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Sandhapper wrote: This is the dumbest thing I have read on the forums in a long while. Do you expect rF or MXGP the game to replicate the tracks of that current year as well? The real life races are like 3 days before the EMF races. There is no way someone can make an EMF or rF track in 3 days. Even MXGP the game has everything from the previous year.
Are you thinking the same about the rF supercross tracks? 90% of the tracks aren't exactly like real life either.
How can you compare MXS to MXGP? They are developing the game 1 year behind, because they have a story and how can you guess which riders are gonna be racing that exact year?

You can put in the layout with what you have avaliable to you at that moment and when the real life event has taken place, go back and make the neccesary changes, which regarding Uddevalla, would not be so trastic and time consuming, but the changes would change the outlook of the track completely, making more lines viable and adding some passing spots.

Ofcourse you can't replicate the track 100%, but come on, we can't be racing 2015 track in 2017.
Sandhapper wrote: He absolutely did do a great job. Maybe it wasn't as rough as some of you would've liked. But 90% of the community gave EMF shit because tracks were too realistic and / or too rough. Justin tried to make it less rough, but still a fun track to play, and he absolutely killed it. I love that track. Together with Uddevalla the best tracks of this whole season.
Don't know what to say. 5th gear pinned SAND TRACK is a great job? The erode test race was more rough and I personally didn't see a single complaint about it being too rough.

If you look at the 2013 Lommel and 2017 Lommel, which one is superior? To me, its not even debatable. Tracks should be progressing, not regressing.

I'm not trying to slam you guys here, just telling my honest oppinion. I know it might not seem very nice, but that's just how I feel.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
manii20

Post by manii20 »

krossboy wrote:Tracks should be progressing, not regressing.
*cough* rf *cough*
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

@krossboy

You think it'd only be the terrain that needs an update, don't you? What about the objects placed in 3ds max? The overlay? Shading? We neither want to rush the terrain. It's easier said than done.

Surely we could add some jumps if that's the only thing that needs to be changed. But this'll most likely cause the objects placed in 3ds max to go through the ground, so we'd have to redo them as well. Same for the overlay and shading. We'd have to open up the large overlay psd's we use (which are almost crashing my pc in the later stages of the editing) to change things in there. PLUS we'd have to take our time because if we rush it people will rage about that.

MXGP can't predict what'll happen and neither can we.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

krossboy wrote:I'm not trying to slam you guys here.
You are doing a very bad job of this...my heart is broken

If you want to complain about me/Lommel, go find that thread. Let's keeps this thread on the topic at hand - complaining about Storken/Uddevalla.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

krossboy wrote:Ofcourse you can't replicate the track 100%, but come on, we can't be racing 2015 track in 2017.
Well it was the 2015 layout until a few weeks before the race. Uddevalla always has the track as a construction zone leading up to the race, so no way of knowing what's being done. Been that way for maany years now. So this is the "up until july 2017" version :)
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:Let's keeps this thread on the topic at hand - complaining about Storken/Uddevalla.
:lol:
Maxxiz
Team: TMFR

Post by Maxxiz »

I think the track terrain came out pretty damn solid here Storken! Uddevalla is not a track that is easy to replicate, the terrain here is a shovel in the rear end entrance to replicate! :wink:
I have been riding Uddevalla track at least once every year since I started riding and last time was last year on the "new" reverse layout, and this track is pretty damn close to the real deal. A few weeks ago Storken called me and said we should drive to Uddevalla to check out the track, it's a 160 km drive for him, but I live pretty close to it. So we drove there and spent like 3 hours looking at the track, walking around it and taking pictures of it. And we discussed while walking around how hard it would be to replicate the track so the community would think it's a fun replica track, cause if you take a look at all the nice credit rF gains by making 3m high berms you can shred at 5th gear and taking the whoops used in supercross to make breaking bumps (exaggerating but thats my opinion), thats not really replicating a track I would say (and that also applies using the same tileinfos). We discussed that the track should have a pretty realistic size just like many of the other MXGP tracks are, and thats really how we like it being the old schoolers we are. Then by an accident i happened to see that the track was changed again some time later since we was there, and they had really changed quite a few things. But obviously, a man thats working doesn't have all the time in the world to make it an exact replica, no-one has.
And, those who say "look at the gopros and race videos of the track, it's not the same", I'd like to say: if you haven't been there, go there. There's no way to watch a race or GoPro film and say "I've basically walked the track now".
I'll probably get alot of shit for this but it's sad to see the community is on it's way towards MX vs ATV days where everything was easy just throttle to the max and steer, talent is overrated, and realistic and technical tracks like this one only gets shit. :roll:

Good job anyways Storken, looking forward for being landed on at our home track! 8)
krossboy

Post by krossboy »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
krossboy wrote:I'm not trying to slam you guys here.
You are doing a very bad job of this...my heart is broken

If you want to complain about me/Lommel, go find that thread. Let's keeps this thread on the topic at hand - complaining about Storken/Uddevalla.
Seems like we understand the conception of complaining a little different then. I'm just trying to make a point of what I feel like is not done right, resulting in low player count and people not being happy. I know I'm coming off rude and very straight forward, but hey, I'm still Estonian.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
krossboy

Post by krossboy »

Sandhapper wrote:@krossboy

You think it'd only be the terrain that needs an update, don't you? What about the objects placed in 3ds max? The overlay? Shading? We neither want to rush the terrain. It's easier said than done.

Surely we could add some jumps if that's the only thing that needs to be changed. But this'll most likely cause the objects placed in 3ds max to go through the ground, so we'd have to redo them as well. Same for the overlay and shading. We'd have to open up the large overlay psd's we use (which are almost crashing my pc in the later stages of the editing) to change things in there. PLUS we'd have to take our time because if we rush it people will rage about that.

MXGP can't predict what'll happen and neither can we.
Yes, you can't predict the way the layout will be, but you sure as hell can predict how the lines are gonna be and how rough they will turn out, even if you have tiny bit of race knowledge, which among EMF track crew does not seem to be there.
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »

track is fun, only part is that i need more ruts!
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

krossboy wrote: Yes, you can't predict the way the layout will be, but you sure as hell can predict how the lines are gonna be and how rough they will turn out, even if you have tiny bit of race knowledge, which among EMF track crew does not seem to be there.
I'm not going to say this is true. We're trying to make tracks that people want. But it seems like everyone wants something else.

Anyway.. I've also felt like some of our guys don't have a lot of experience with how the track will race in a 40 man moto. This is due to being completely fed up after one season of putting lots of work into it and only getting shit for it. Every year we almost have a completely new team for the terrains, because they're too fed up to stay for more seasons. Not saying our current guys suck at making terrain. Some of they just don't have a lot of experience with how the terrain will work in a 40 man moto. That's just my opinion. Others may think otherwise.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

manii20 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:making the layout somewhat recognizable then adding a couple shitty ruts here and there. I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
Just because it doesn't have boulders on the track like rf, doesn't mean it's like a stock track. This track is actually really decent, and just because it's different than your 10000ft deep ruts everywhere with boulders around it, it doesn't make this a bad track.
Did you ride Budds Creek? The braking bumps weren't the size of boulders and the ruts weren't huge, the EMF crew should look at the way rF builds their tracks and take notes. I haven't ridden the tracks this year but everyone keeps saying "if you don't like RF tracks go ride EMF tracks", so I have a feeling most of them have been this 'style' of track. I personally don't like how it flows, the ruts don't hold you, and it lacks passing opportunities. I get that it requires a different style of riding, but I don't think it makes for a track that people are looking forward to riding and racing, and I think the amount of sign ups reflects that theory.
JackGat369
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by JackGat369 »

Ddavis wrote:
manii20 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:making the layout somewhat recognizable then adding a couple shitty ruts here and there. I understand its a lot of work to host a series and make new tracks each week, but its basically a stock track. It's completely flat for the exception of a couple curbs randomly places in straightaways, with one main rut and a "second" rut that's somewhat raised dirt.
Just because it doesn't have boulders on the track like rf, doesn't mean it's like a stock track. This track is actually really decent, and just because it's different than your 10000ft deep ruts everywhere with boulders around it, it doesn't make this a bad track.
Did you ride Budds Creek? The braking bumps weren't the size of boulders and the ruts weren't huge, the EMF crew should look at the way rF builds their tracks and take notes. I haven't ridden the tracks this year but everyone keeps saying "if you don't like RF tracks go ride EMF tracks", so I have a feeling most of them have been this 'style' of track. I personally don't like how it flows, the ruts don't hold you, and it lacks passing opportunities. I get that it requires a different style of riding, but I don't think it makes for a track that people are looking forward to riding and racing, and I think the amount of sign ups reflects that theory.
Please quit whining about everything! The internet really is wasted on you
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm not whining about the track, just trying to give them my 2 cents on the track. Better tracks = more riders = better racing = more money in their pockets.