2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd17 : WW Ranch

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
MxRyan195
Team: TiLube Husqvarna

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd17 : WW Ranch

Post by MxRyan195 »

The finish line actually shoots you pretty high in real life too, this track looks like it was made for pit bikes to be honest. This track is going to be one of the sickest in the circuit in real life with booters, this is a let down.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

lol you guys never fail
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Smerwin43

Post by Smerwin43 »

MxRyan195 wrote:The finish line actually shoots you pretty high in real life too, this track looks like it was made for pit bikes to be honest. This track is going to be one of the sickest in the circuit in real life with booters, this is a let down.
I agree
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

MxRyan195 wrote:The finish line actually shoots you pretty high in real life too, this track looks like it was made for pit bikes to be honest. This track is going to be one of the sickest in the circuit in real life with booters, this is a let down.

you really think the tracks that off? i think most of it is pretty accurate from that video obviously with some changed taken from the track map im guessing
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
AjHuett

Post by AjHuett »

Obviously there's a new layout, but I'm saying width, jump scale, and height wise it's terrible. I don't see why he didn't just take this track (http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... t=ww+ranch) and get permission to edit it. The scaling, width, and height are pretty spot on with Ryanmx's track.
yamirider517 wrote:Oh you gonna make a nigga beg for it?... ok boo.
MxRyan195

Post by MxRyan195 »

maggett wrote:

you really think the tracks that off? i think most of it is pretty accurate from that video obviously with some changed taken from the track map im guessing
This is the finish line at ww. Now, to me that looks like you can toss it pretty nasty. In this replica though it barely even launches you.

This is the 120..

This track is supposed to be absolutely killer for the US GP.
MxRyan195

Post by MxRyan195 »

I'm reposting because the images don't work lol.

This is how high the finish line launches you

http://imgur.com/xAcMuVH

This is the 120...

http://imgur.com/iBIiU8o
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:lol you guys never fail
Well you guys always do things correctly...i have never been there you know, maybe if you buy me a ticket for the plane i'll go there for next year and build everything in scale, also the last minute layout. Oh fuck i didn't tell you the track is scaled 1:1 so the jumps are perfectly the same as in real life and the 2 things i have got to build tracks are a gopro lap which doesn't give you a real Perspective of what the track is like and some photos on google, nothing else. It may happen if something goes terribly wrong for you like this horrible track, i'm really sorry. But i suggest you to try building one next time :wink:
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

AjHuett wrote:but it's an ant hill on sim and not a jump.

what can i reply to that ? so now a tabletop is not a jump

this track have been buit with this gopro : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv7yXkHZiY0
you can see the rider is not going really high in the air on this finish jump...
the rest of the track is pretty accurate imo
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
manii20

Post by manii20 »

All the track is really accurate if you are watching that gopro video that Tizzy sent.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Track seems pretty good to me. I say good job getting it done with short notice.
honda23 wrote:
i have never been there you know, maybe if you buy me a ticket for the plane i'll go there for next year and build everything in scale,
It's only 4 hours away for me. Im very tempted to buy a used drone and do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSvIfBKlX8 I could get pics for an overlay before anyone even notices.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I think the track is pretty sweet. Anyone saying there was no effort put in or that it "sucks" clearly doesn't visit the tracks section on the forum much.

I prefer bigger scale and bigger booter lips, but nothing wrong especially for racing with these jumps.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think the track is scaled down pretty heavily so it is pretty tight and doesn't really allow you to be creative. The only thing I haven't liked about the GP tracks is the textures. The on track textures on a lot of these tracks look like the off track textures on rF tracks. That's just my opinion, it makes the events feel amateur-ish or rushed. I know that isn't the case, but appearance plays a huge role in the tracks/series if you ask me. Who knows what the opinion of the track would be if Race went to work on it and made everything look like this.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Ddavis wrote:I think the track is scaled down pretty heavily so it is pretty tight and doesn't really allow you to be creative. The only thing I haven't liked about the GP tracks is the textures. The on track textures on a lot of these tracks look like the off track textures on rF tracks. That's just my opinion, it makes the events feel amateur-ish or rushed. I know that isn't the case, but appearance plays a huge role in the tracks/series if you ask me. Who knows what the opinion of the track would be if Race went to work on it and made everything look like this.
Hm, interesting take. I quite liked the ontrack look of WW, but - having seen some screenshots from teammates who all had different versions of the track - I know it could have potentially looked quite different depending on a players graphics settings and what version they downloaded. Regardless, I think all of us working on these tracks always believes there is room for improvement despite all of our best efforts, and although other's comments in threads like this (not yours in this specific thread DD) would try to claim otherwise, there is significant time and attention paid to everything involved in the hopes of producing a quality track.

As to scaling, I think it feels "tight" compared to some of the high quality replica's rF is making just based on different styles. I personally think that's an asset for the community, because if all replica tracks were the same (or all tracks for that matter), it may well start just getting repetitive. Additionally, there are certainly some who prefer the tighter, more "sim-ish" feel to tracks in terms of lane width, even if those people don't pop in and comment on tracks like many others do.

So anyway, a quick look in editor at track width vs GE measurements in the same section shows roughly a 110% upscale (32ft in game vs 29ft GE), which I don't think is nearly as large as rF has been using (please correct me if I'm wrong), so it isn't surprising to hear that it felt narrow for some who primarily play those style of tracks. I actually prefer both styles - crazy opinion, I know - because like I said, playing tracks with the same style/philosophy can get really repetitive after awhile for me. Point is - I think both styles have their place, and hope that people have the ability to understand this doesn't have to be a binary opinion where 1 is right and 0 is wrong. 1 and 0 can both be good, and it delivers variety to the community, which at least I see as a beneficial thing for the general group of players at large.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

I actually like the track, it's fun, flowy and I can stay consistent. The roughness kinda reminds me of Dilla which doesn't bother me, I prefer the chop other than big round breaking bumps that should be on a sand track! I do feel that the finish section could've matched up to the height of the scub hill a bit more, not saying it should be the same height but I do feel that even looking from go pros that who section other than that scrub hill should be raised and more "poppy" Who cares if coming into the section 3rd-4th pinned and then hitting a table could send you far away it's all about being realistic here and checking up on jumps lol. Overall it's a great track for it being last minute!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!