2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd17 : WW Ranch

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP Rd17 : WW Ranch

Post by Sandhapper »

Ddavis wrote:I think the track is scaled down pretty heavily so it is pretty tight and doesn't really allow you to be creative. The only thing I haven't liked about the GP tracks is the textures. The on track textures on a lot of these tracks look like the off track textures on rF tracks. That's just my opinion, it makes the events feel amateur-ish or rushed. I know that isn't the case, but appearance plays a huge role in the tracks/series if you ask me. Who knows what the opinion of the track would be if Race went to work on it and made everything look like this.
I have to agree with you on the visual part. Max has a totally different style in visuals than either Race or I. That isn't a bad thing though. Max can make definitely some very nice visuals.

I am actually one of the 3d modellers for EMF (which I 100% can improve on for next year), but Max gave me the chance to work on Lommel's visuals this year. I tried something different to what Max does most of the time. Race gave me some tips and I tried to create something stunning. Both Max and I have learned a lot from me making an overlay. We will definitely step it up for next year to create tracks with better visuals than this year. I've also done a fair bit amount of work for Assen, but unfortunately I don't have time to finish it up by myself. I'm pretty sure that is a good thing though, because it looks like half of the EMF crew is now working on Assen's visuals so I'm pretty sure It'll be one hell of a track.

Okay that was my bed time story. Good night everyone.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

137 wrote:The roughness kinda reminds me of Dilla
Interesting observation, was wondering if anyone would pick up on/think of that... :mrgreen:
Aggressively Mediocre Image
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

i wouldnt say there was no effort put in but i will say that it sucks. kinda disappointed but oh whale.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

I think alot of people discredit work that in general is very good, compared to what the average joe could do with visuals.

It takes time to learn what looks good in photoshop vs. in game. I am still learning, it just takes time.

Overall very proud of the EMF guys this year. I know what they do isnt easy!
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Racers52 wrote: Overall very proud of the EMF guys this year. I know what they do isnt easy!
ty Race, i will definitely get in touch with you during the off season, i didn't want to disturb you this year with my stuffs but i really need to up my stuffs :)
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

I'm not gonna get into the thing of this track is well replicated acording to the real life or not, because I haven't seen any lastest in real life videos of itself but I do have seen the viral ones of people whippin hard... but those are old. I also played a lot in this track when the first WW Ranch came out, but that one was way overscaled. -not disrespecting that track as it was good for what it was created, having fun throwin oppos-

By saying that, before playing this track, my impression of the ranch was big booters, super wide and full throttle turns. That's maybe why I got a little bit confused playing the first few laps of this version. I was expecting big booters and flat wide open corners. That's why I made plans for Thursday night, because I was expecting another "average" track. But man, If I would of have known this track was gonna be like it is, I would of give a shit about real life plans and would of have raced.

This track is by far one of the best of the seasson, if not the best. Congrats Gabriele Rossi, Arco di Trento was really really good and this is probably even better. You definitly put the time on this one. You can really tell almost every corner has a couple or three line choices. Breaking bumps are realistic and they feel really good. Jumps are realistic too but at the same time, they are super fun to throw those low scrubs and going to the flat.

Some of you guys mentioned things about the ruts, gotta say I liked more the Pietramurata type of ruts but I understand the way these ones are build. WWRanch is kind of sandy so they had to be a little bit bigger and not that sharp.
You still made a couple kind of hard pack ruts which was a good point.
Almost every rut was good for racing and the good thing is that they were more or less sketchy. In some corners the inside ruts were the faster ones but they weren't 100ft tall, so you cold take some risk going fast trough them, but if you wanted the safed line without loosing to much time, you could go to the outside.
Overall, ruts were well placed and you definitly took the time to make them all feel good in every aspect.
It's important for you EMF guys to understand that these ruts were good for this track, but if you put this kind of ruts in a hard pack they wouldn't match.

From what I asked, people absolutly liked this track and I think it's because it has sketchy sections where people with medium-high skills can have fun riskin. -This is not a layout thing, it's because of the way sectiones are build- This is a good thing because the track seems to be build for every level and so, this keep every rider interested in the track and so, sign ups can get higher.
Some good examples I do remember of this were Valkenswaard, Mexico, Pietramurata or even Indonesia. They all had the sketchy fast line but at the same time, there was a easier and a little bit slower line somewhere for the people who doesnt have a medium-high level. The exact opposite from this was Lommel -no disrespecting to the track creator- but it was so easy that it seemed to be build for just the begginer people making the rest of the people get bored of the track easily plus the thing that is not logical to make "the hardest track in the world" probably the easiest one in the Championship.
Last example, last round -Uddevalla- was good, but it didn't have that "sketchy" thing to keep the medium-high skill riders playing it and enterteined. Was it good for racing? Sure, but so was Valkens, Mexico or Pietramurata.

To end, congrats again Gabrielle. Hope to see more tracks like this were you actually have to break to get into the corners, and racing doesn't just depends on getting a good start because the track is so easy that it's hard to make a mistake to give a chance to those with a bad start.
Alex V111#1017
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Thanks for the nice feedback man, appreciate it :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

honda23 wrote:Thanks for the nice feedback man, appreciate it :D
this track is one of my favorite tracks ever, and that's saying a lot, especially because i usually don't like the rf/emf tracks. This track is just super fun right off the bat. I played 23 laps, no joke, the first session i did on this track. good job keep it up!
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Jonas357
Team: Privateer

Post by Jonas357 »

Can you guys remake this? looks good, but the layout is actually wrong lol. I'm sure everyone knows this already, but just wanted to point that out. I would love to ride the layout that I saw there because it looked sick.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Jonas357 wrote:Can you guys remake this? looks good, but the layout is actually wrong lol. I'm sure everyone knows this already, but just wanted to point that out. I would love to ride the layout that I saw there because it looked sick.
We will think about it :wink:
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Jonas357
Team: Privateer

Post by Jonas357 »

honda23 wrote:
Jonas357 wrote:Can you guys remake this? looks good, but the layout is actually wrong lol. I'm sure everyone knows this already, but just wanted to point that out. I would love to ride the layout that I saw there because it looked sick.
We will think about it :wink:
yay! The new layout is truly much cooler. Also, just for a reference, the jumps are actually a lot bigger than the original made them out to be. They really do boot you super high like the ryan mahan replica.