2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Montevarchi

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Montevarchi

Post by honda23 »

The track:
Brand new track for the 7th round of the 2018 italian championship, a track that made history in the world motocross championship for many years. The track is located in the region of Toscana, it's 1650 meter long and is built on a nice hill which makes it beautiful, it has pretty high elevations with different kind of jumps and corners that test the rider's cleverness. It was born in 1969 and the historical motoclub Brilli-Peri has hosted since that date over 150 motocross events. In particular, the world gp races took place in 1980,1982, 1994, 1998, 2003 and 2006.

Download:
High resolution - 131 Mb
Medium resolution - 79 Mb
Medium resolution with no trees- 77 Mb
Low resolution - 58 Mb
Low resolution with no trees - 57 Mb
Superlow resolution - 51 Mb

Credits:
- JLV
- TMFR
- EMF
- RKI/JDS Italia Racing Team
- Matteo Gusmerini
- Checkerz
- Motoboss
- Kyle Watts
- Staydown
- Rafagas
- Haggqvist
- Twistmoto
- JGMX
- Anyone who i forgot

Have fun! :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Br4Ap69

Re: 2017 MXS Italian Championship Rd 7: Montevarchi

Post by Br4Ap69 »

honda23 wrote:the 2018 italian championship
I think you're a year ahead ;)
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Br4Ap69 wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHA oh my god :lol:
Br4Ap69

Post by Br4Ap69 »

honda23 wrote:
Br4Ap69 wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHA oh my god :lol:

Hahahahaha
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Track is overall another solid release. Good work once again.

I do however have some feedback I´d like to share.

-- Track feels a little bit too overscaled. It´s very wide everywhere and makes the track very fast and WFO compared to the IRL version.
-- Decals feels fairly bland. It is very functional though and the ruts are very visible.
-- BALES. I know I´ve been beating this horse to death a long time ago but some bale placements makes no sense to me. Yes if you make your perfect lap the bales wont be in the way but just a little mistake puts you almost every time headfirst into a strategically placed bale. Let me see if I can explain myself:

If you are just slightly off perfect while taking the blue outside line you are bound to hit that bale. The rut is very small towards the end and one little slide of the rear wheel puts you right in that bale. Most importantly, why is it there? It wouldnt even have been a good line to go where the bale is. Its only purpose is to make what would have been a slight slideout into a full-on legs off.

Once again. This yellow line would hardly have been the optimal line through this section. All it does is punish people going slightly wide out of turn one.

Same as before. Not optimal to go there and even if it was, would it have mattered much if people went a little wider up this hill?

This isnt a big deal but more to show you that these bales are unnecessary. This is coming of a big launch jump and its not uncommon to land somewhere around there, making that bale blind when you take off. A small miscalculation or a little kick while landing can easily put you right on that bale. Once again its not the fastest line to go over there so why even put a bale there?

Just some examples

I hope this doesnt come off as too negative as I think the track is well made, as is all the ITC tracks, but these bale placements keeps me scratching my head week after week. I understand when you put a bale somewhere where it would have either been a easy spot to cut the track OR to avoid people going slightly offtrack to find a smoother, faster line but most of the times that isnt the case at all.

Traction is good and rut design are once again really good. Some places on the track have a little wierd rough that can bite you unexpectedly but no big deal overall.
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Rayvenator wrote:Track is overall another solid release. Good work once again.

I do however have some feedback I´d like to share.

-- Track feels a little bit too overscaled. It´s very wide everywhere and makes the track very fast and WFO compared to the IRL version.
-- Decals feels fairly bland. It is very functional though and the ruts are very visible.
-- BALES. I know I´ve been beating this horse to death a long time ago but some bale placements makes no sense to me. Yes if you make your perfect lap the bales wont be in the way but just a little mistake puts you almost every time headfirst into a strategically placed bale. Let me see if I can explain myself:
Thanks for the feedback Chris. I can tell you i don't like the track at all, it didn't came out so good like i want them to be. The scale is good but i made it too wide and i only realised it was like that after i put everything...decals, stakes and such. Regarding bales i really try to find the best fit and even if i deleted more than the half of bales of last year there are still some improvemens to be done. The main reason i put some just after the ending of corners is for sure to prevent others from cutting which i don't like at all but if it makes you and others feel disappointed, anrgy or whatever i'll try to delete them too. Just to let you know i don't do that on purpose to make riders crash.