Ashewood MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ocean
Team: HYAAAAA

Ashewood MX

Post by Ocean »

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8b9svk77 ... hewood.rar

Hey everyone. This is my first track. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Next track I will work much harder on the environment. I kind of lost interest in the environment on this one. The track rides fairly well though!

Thanks To:
JLV
Decals From FiftyFive?
Billboard from FiftyFive?
Skybox from Mintop! (Download btw its sick)
Storken for the amazing tutorials!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Ashewood MX

Post by Wahlamt »

Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

So for the future, I'd recommend, lessen the width a bit and try to work on the environment a bit. As of now, it feels pretty dead, mix it up more with some more 3d objects :)
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Wahlamt wrote:Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

So for the future, I'd recommend, lessen the width a bit and try to work on the environment a bit. As of now, it feels pretty dead, mix it up more with some more 3d objects :)
Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.
justinkeuben
Team: Privateer

Post by justinkeuben »

Ocean wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.
Make a decal that Is bigger in Note pad ++ so you can use less decals and work quicker :) and less MB
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.
Make a decal that Is bigger in Note pad ++ so you can use less decals and work quicker :) and less MB
Or this ;)
Ocean

Post by Ocean »

I just scale down the Terrain.hf now haha. I feel like the stock size is way to big for a track unless you are making a compound.
RevLimiter
Team: Its my forum name

Post by RevLimiter »

justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Bigger decals look horrible. Don't take this advice.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

RevLimiter wrote:
justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Bigger decals look horrible. Don't take this advice.
Yes, but far away it works.
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Post by ColtonD719 »

An overlay also helps with vast off track areas.

I use 3-4 sizes for my off track decals: 20, 30, 40, and 80. 20 and 30 go right next to the track, where they are most visible. The 40s go outside of that, then if necessary beyond that is 80+. If it's way off track where people are only going to see it from a distance, you can get away with pretty large decals. In fact it's common to have no decals besides the overlay on the farthest parts of the map.