Ashewood MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ocean
Team: HYAAAAA

Ashewood MX

Postby Ocean » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 am

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8b9svk77 ... hewood.rar

Hey everyone. This is my first track. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Next track I will work much harder on the environment. I kind of lost interest in the environment on this one. The track rides fairly well though!

Thanks To:
JLV
Decals From FiftyFive?
Billboard from FiftyFive?
Skybox from Mintop! (Download btw its sick)
Storken for the amazing tutorials!

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Ashewood MX

Postby Wahlamt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

So for the future, I'd recommend, lessen the width a bit and try to work on the environment a bit. As of now, it feels pretty dead, mix it up more with some more 3d objects :)

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Wahlamt wrote:Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

So for the future, I'd recommend, lessen the width a bit and try to work on the environment a bit. As of now, it feels pretty dead, mix it up more with some more 3d objects :)

Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.

justinkeuben
Team: Privateer

Postby justinkeuben » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Ocean wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Took a spin around here both on the 250f and 450. I can clearly see that the track is made for a 450, as the 250 cannot even come close to clear the 2 biggest jumps. Also with a 450 you could have fun and launch some stuff. Overall, pretty decent track, fun variations. The width of the track is a bit too wide, also the environment is ... pretty non existent ;)

Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.

Make a decal that Is bigger in Note pad ++ so you can use less decals and work quicker :) and less MB

Wahlamt

Postby Wahlamt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:49 pm

justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:Yep, was made for a 450 haha. Absolutely hate 250's. I'll make my next track with a 250 in mind. Also will do a smaller map and work with the environment. Just got really bored filling the whole map with the grass decal.

Make a decal that Is bigger in Note pad ++ so you can use less decals and work quicker :) and less MB

Or this ;)

Ocean

Postby Ocean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm

I just scale down the Terrain.hf now haha. I feel like the stock size is way to big for a track unless you are making a compound.

RevLimiter
Team: Its my forum name

Postby RevLimiter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:12 pm

justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Bigger decals look horrible. Don't take this advice.

Wahlamt

Postby Wahlamt » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

RevLimiter wrote:
justinkeuben wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Bigger decals look horrible. Don't take this advice.

Yes, but far away it works.

ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Postby ColtonD719 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:04 am

An overlay also helps with vast off track areas.

I use 3-4 sizes for my off track decals: 20, 30, 40, and 80. 20 and 30 go right next to the track, where they are most visible. The 40s go outside of that, then if necessary beyond that is 80+. If it's way off track where people are only going to see it from a distance, you can get away with pretty large decals. In fact it's common to have no decals besides the overlay on the farthest parts of the map.
Colton, Track Creator

Released MXS Tracks

Return to “Tracks”