2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 17 - Las Vegas

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 12 - Indianapolis

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

he prnkd us
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:I like the loading img Barrington, made me sit there for a couple seconds waiting for it to load :lol:
I had to open in a new tap to make sure that it was just a loading image
Same haha
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MOTOZ293 wrote: I had to open in a new tap to make sure that it was just a loading image
Guilty
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

Ddavis wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote: I had to open in a new tap to make sure that it was just a loading image
Guilty
it worked for me what??

KAPPPA
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

.... You can’t trick me. That’s 2017
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:.... You can’t trick me. That’s 2017
*2016 miss clicked. On my phone
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

All good discussion Atom/Jeremy/Zoa - and no worries on taking things personal. I'm looking to make things better and I don't fault anyone for not agreeing. I'm not scared of being proved wrong.

The difference between 1.0 and 1.5 in a single lap isn't barely noticeable, but over many laps it is definitely noticeable. By running 1.5 for heats and 1.0 for mains, it adds another tuning variable, and when trying to develop the least amount of variables is best. Plus, the heats should form up less than the mains, so tuning the erode via the server setting to match them seems backwards. The only reason I'd rather see 1.5 to 1.0 as the consistent number is because visually, 1.5 makes erode "show" much sooner and visibility is our biggest challenge. I can control the max depth side easily, I can't control the initial dig nearly as easily which is where the server side becomes important. I can deal with 1.0 if it's always 1.0, but I think 1.5 is a better number honestly for the reason mentioned above about visibility. Most important is consistent number though.

Change is hard. I know some guys will dislike it and some will love it. It's no different than traction. We will nail it sometimes and we'll miss others. It's part of progression. I don't expect to make everyone happy, but I do expect to make erode work and continue to improve and develop. Without evolution we still wouldn't have rider lean haha.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Something fishy happened with the shadows. Just riding without erode, it's not bad. However, Checkerz brought to my attention that with erode on, it might make it hard to see.
Here's a patch.
Just extract and place this in your personal folder. Do nothing else.
Depending on your graphics settings, it might not update until bikes are riding it with erode. But after lap 1 it should be okay. This is essentially just getting rid of the shadows. This isn't mandatory.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/be6l17ase ... ch.1.0.rar
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

If you think about erode 1.0 vs 1.5 in terms of percent change, it's quite significant. For whatever it's worth. For daytona, I wanted erode to develop fast but not get so deep that it wasn't ride-able. I failed. But I still think that idea has potential. Just need to figure it out some how. And my theory behind it is to get lines developing after 1 lap, when people are bunched up and riding different parts of the track. If the lines don't develop until lap 4 or so, people are too spread out to take different lines for 4 more laps to develop a second line. Hope that makes sense. Sure does in my mind. I thought the newest erode setting (limit setting) was the answer, but I can't seem to get it working.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

So is the limit setting where it only lets the ruts form so deep before they stop?
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:So is the limit setting where it only lets the ruts form so deep before they stop?
Kind of. As I understood it (which apparently I still don't) it should allow us to run erode high, or so it develops quickly, and then the erosion mellows off as it approaches its max depth.
It doesn't work like this but it is another way for me to help explain it... Think of erode server setting being on 10 for the first time around. Then the second time around it's less, like erode 6. Then you go through a rut again, it would only be like erode 3. Then maybe one more time, erode 1. And finally, that path would be erode 0 or just stay on 1 so that it only erodes a little bit. This would be amazing for nationals, in my opinion.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

barrington314 wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:So is the limit setting where it only lets the ruts form so deep before they stop?
Kind of. As I understood it (which apparently I still don't) it should allow us to run erode high, or so it develops quickly, and then the erosion mellows off as it approaches its max depth.
It doesn't work like this but it is another way for me to help explain it... Think of erode server setting being on 10 for the first time around. Then the second time around it's less, like erode 6. Then you go through a rut again, it would only be like erode 3. Then maybe one more time, erode 1. And finally, that path would be erode 0 or just stay on 1 so that it only erodes a little bit. This would be amazing for nationals, in my opinion.
okay that makes sense. What if we get jlv to so a server update to where its all in the server instead of the tilemap, so its easier to use? is that even possible?
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

barrington314 wrote:It doesn't work like this but it is another way for me to help explain it... Think of erode server setting being on 10 for the first time around. Then the second time around it's less, like erode 6. Then you go through a rut again, it would only be like erode 3. Then maybe one more time, erode 1. And finally, that path would be erode 0 or just stay on 1 so that it only erodes a little bit. This would be amazing for nationals, in my opinion.
That right there sounds like a really good solution in my head. I totally understand that having it high for the first lap to develop multiple lines is a great idea. If JLV could get a setting like that for the server, where the erode value starts to lower after the first couple of laps that would be awesome. I think the main thing is, that when erode has been on 1.5 and above for an entire the race, the lines get really choppy.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Anybody else having abnormally slow download speeds on these tracks recently? For some reason, for the past 3 rounds its taken me roughly 2 hours to download just the medium res tracks. However if I try to download anything else it works fine. What gives?
garrettolver
Team: MV Films

Post by garrettolver »

FlyinHigh wrote:Anybody else having abnormally slow download speeds on these tracks recently? For some reason, for the past 3 rounds its taken me roughly 2 hours to download just the medium res tracks. However if I try to download anything else it works fine. What gives?
yeah actually i have. I've missed the first few quali sessions for the last few rounds because of it (yeah its my fault that i wait to dl them until 10 min before.) Not sure why I only have this issue on these tracks.