2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 17 - Las Vegas

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 10 - Daytona

Post by AtlasZoor »

Racers52 wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote:nerf the 450s is the best option imo.
agreed
Also as a track maker and a 250 rider. I feel the speed gap between 250's and 450's is just too big. I can make sections on a 250 that feel good but are a little challenging, but when I hop on a 450 the whole section feels like shit. I can do massive lines that just don't make any sense. I feel people forget the speed gap between these to bikes. Creating tracks is not easy and when you are creating tracks especially SX tracks for pros, ams, and novices finding the medium for that is sometimes super hard. If you were to create a track for just 450's I bet that would feel nice. But trying to ride that same track on a 250 would be horrific. Anyways I just feel some people who open their mouths are only thinking about how the track needs to change in order for it to fit THEIR needs and not looking at the whole picture.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

AtlasZoor wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote:nerf the 450s is the best option imo.
agreed
Or maybe the fact that the 450 is actually realistic but there is no risk factor in the game so people can just send it with no punishment.

Increasing the amount of time off the bike for a gnarly crash at higher speeds is a possible fix and is already possible in game.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

Racers52 wrote:
AtlasZoor wrote:
Racers52 wrote:
agreed
Or maybe the fact that the 450 is actually realistic but there is no risk factor in the game so people can just send it with no punishment.

Increasing the amount of time off the bike for a gnarly crash at higher speeds is a possible fix and is already possible in game.
I like this. Make a normal falloff like 15 seconds.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

But then it makes the BULLSHIT fall offs even more rage inducing....
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

We've known that stuff like that is possible since nam. I am "triggered" because you have brought up wanting realism but also complain when you can't ride through objects. But I personally wouldn't call myself triggered. I've been doing this for what, 5 years now? I think I've seen or heard it all. Not much can "trigger" me. I was more making a joke out of it. Also, I'm completely over erode. Sorry JLV. I know you've put in a ton of effort to get it how we want it. But it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it would be better if it wasn't so hard to see it develop. Just going to ride out the rest of the season with the "best" setting we've got. Hope that by next year we have a better lighting system or something. IDK. #triggered.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

So as far as i know from talking to chris. The jump height is 1:1.4 and so is the distance. What if we keep jump height scaling at 1:1.4 and change the jump distance to something a little larger. Bc 2 seasons ago we actually had to seat bounce the triple ins (on a 250) and now I don’t have to at all, sometimes I have to scrub into it. Is there a way to chance the scaling of the distance without making it so huge we can’t do the “main lines” on a 250
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

barrington314 wrote:I am "triggered" because you have brought up wanting realism but also complain when you can't ride through objects.
I (was) upset because I thought we figured out last year that leaving the 365 bales solid wasn't the best idea. Now, since you want to make it seem like I want to do the impossible, I'll clear the air.

I PM'd you asking to why the 365 bales were solid again after I thought we figured out last year that wasn't the best option. You then replied with
barrington314 wrote:What I saw happen though was someone going through the "soft" one, and legs off and cause a pile up in the corner. This also happened once that I know of last year after we switched it. The solid one wouldn't have allowed either of those to happen. Only the rider "going through it" would have been stopped and crashed.
I sent you this gyazo and told you the pile up argument isn't valid since this cause a 3 man stack up (if I remember correctly)
You also said
barrington314 wrote:I know it sucks ass if you try to go inside and clip it and come to a stop. But really, that's realistic IMO.
I'm not sure if you mean staying inside (Ex. a lapper when getting lapped?) but I then showed you this.

As much as we can want this game to be realistic, we still make more errors compared to irl pro's that rarely crash once in a race. Wouldn't you agree leaving room for error without huge consequences to you and other racers would be better for the racing? I mean after all we have to deal with random erode settings every week. Shit most people struggle to make it a full race on a smooth SX track but this year we have erode on top of that. So wouldn't you think that be hard enough to deal with?

Last example I want to show is the final thing you said in the PM.
barrington314 wrote:Something else I don't like about the soft collisions is if you go inside and rub your elbow or head against it just slightly, it can rip you off the bike. The solid on will just slow you down.
Now I know you said "elbow or head" but honestly is anybody getting that low next to them?
Here I made a simple miscalculation, but since the obj is 100% solid there was no room for error.
BUT if it was the soft ones, I would have been able to ride it out.
Obviously both of these are unrealistic but which one would have called for better racing (in my scenario)?
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Since you're try harding so much at this, could you pull up the one from Phoenix of this year when the rider got taken out by one, rather than just riding through it. Would honestly like to see that again.
You triggered tho bro?
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

barrington314 wrote:Since you're try harding so much at this, could you pull up the one from Phoenix of this year when the rider got taken out by one, rather than just riding through it. Would honestly like to see that again.
You triggered tho bro?
I'm trying to get through your thick skull that maybe listening to others feedback might actually help you. I'm not saying you have to take my advice because you won't, but maybe, just maybe consider it and look at it from a racer standpoint instead of a my way is the right way standpoint.

I'm not familiar with that one and with the information you gave me it would be pretty difficult to go find it.

Regardless, even if you were just joking "haha I know you're looking for realism" put in a disclaimer "Hey, on a serious note, I appreciate your feedback but (reasoning why my opinion would have been a bad idea and not beneficial)". Sadly you just blew past all of my points to ask if I've seen 1 incident how many rounds ago, acting like a child asking if I'm triggered and saying I'm try harding when I'm honestly just trying to help.

Oh well. I can't say I didn't try. At the end of the day I'm just trying to look out for us all. Posting the incident that happened to me so maybe next time others wouldn't have to experience it.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Just remove those stupid inside pylons, and run inside tuff blocks like the tracks used to be. What is the reason for them? To prevent people from punting? Guess what if you punt someone you're getting banned, if you hit that and crash trying to punt someone you cause a 10 rider pileup :lol:
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Brad_Smith

Post by Brad_Smith »

IMO 17 Sx was heaps better then this, Trying to compensate for the erode with all the tricks that people use are cool and all. But Hasn't Erode caused more problems then done good? If it aint broke, Don't fix it
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Brad_Smith wrote:IMO 17 Sx was heaps better then this, Trying to compensate for the erode with all the tricks that people use are cool and all. But Hasn't Erode caused more problems then done good? If it aint broke, Don't fix it
Erode is amazing, it adds a whole new factor to the game and as youre seeing this year it isnt the same people winning over and over.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

What problems has it caused? I think it's hella fun, makes it even better with the limited track release since people don't know how it will wear in. (although I wish it was normally a little stronger like how it was this week or A1).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.