2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 17 - Las Vegas

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Atom6246

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 11 - St. Louis

Post by Atom6246 »

I really like how the track eroded for the race. Whoops were super sketch and added a whole new factor to the game. Now I just have to wait to see how the track erode's on a higher value for EU SX since they always crank it up :lol:
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Atom6246 wrote:I really like how the track eroded for the race. Whoops were super sketch and added a whole new factor to the game. Now I just have to wait to see how the track erode's on a higher value for EU SX since they always crank it up :lol:
I have to agree, I actually liked how it eroded this week because it actually felt like a challenge to get through the whoops for once. Checkerz did an amazing job this week all around.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Only thing I see that I don't like about St. Louis is the pre-made roughness after the over-under, and the whoops (I seem to swap no matter what I do, but I am bad lol). But then again, I am a novice racer with 0 total career points :lol:
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
merritt199
Team: Privateer

Post by merritt199 »

hey can u help me i cant get st louis to work everytime i download it its corrupted
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Just curious Chex, why were you set on running the erode value at 1.5? I feel like the work you put into the tilemap worked perfectly for 1.0.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I hopped into the EU server late in the 450 main this afternoon and good god the track was rough as shit. I didn't see back to back whoop sections on the track map :wink: :lol:
barrington314
Team: me

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 12 - Indianapolis

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Atom6246 wrote:Just curious Chex, why were you set on running the erode value at 1.5? I feel like the work you put into the tilemap worked perfectly for 1.0.
From what I've seen in testing, too low of a value is a big reason why the tracks get so one lined. I wish there was a way to have it start on something much higher early in the race and then slow down at the end. The only way to make a rut is to have an actual reasonable groove develop early where oyu can see it. WIth it down low, guys go in a general area but not the same exact spot which makes a very wide dug in area which is what forms those "wall" berms we're seeing in SX versus multiple ruts in a berm.

Also, the track and erode was designed so that throughout the race before the whoops the outside was going to start fastest, but once it got rough the inside would be fast, and once that got deep the outside would be a viable line again. If it takes the whole race for both lines to be viable, it doesn't exactly create a passing scenario.

Finally, the whoops were designed to not cause weird stuff if they erode faster because the erode would be visible versus happening so slowly that there will be a period in which they are edgey but not enough to be visible.

Gameplay has (and in my opinion always should be) been the responsibility of the person building the terrain. We're the ones who have the ability to tune/tweak/etc. this, so it doesn't make sense to me having someone without that knowledge making the call.

I tried a bunch more new stuff on Indy. Besides Seattle, it's usually the most rutty track on the series. It'll be a shame if the erode value is set so low that the ruts and track getting beat don't play a factor in the race. This stuff should be varied based on the event.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

checkerz wrote:Besides Seattle, it's usually the most rutty track on the series. It'll be a shame if the erode value is set so low that the ruts and track getting beat don't play a factor in the race. This stuff should be varied based on the event.
o no dont do it chex
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

checkerz wrote:It'll be a shame if the erode value is set so low that the ruts and track getting beat don't play a factor in the race. This stuff should be varied based on the event.
Yes it should, that's why it should be set in the tile map. Depending on adjusting the erode value to make the tracks rougher or smoother makes no sense. I thought that it was pretty clear that when the erode setting is set to one, that means that for every bike that goes through a line, one line is drawn. I don't understand how it make sense to have it set to where when one bike goes through a line, it draws one and a half lines. If you make one little mistake like locking up your rear wheel or slightly sliding out, instead of making that mistake once, it draws that mistake one and a half times (or whatever the erode value is set at).

This isn't meant to be a personal attack at the track crew, it's just my attempt at helping improve the tracks, which I believe is what we all want.
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Jeremy150 wrote: Yes it should, that's why it should be set in the tile map. Depending on adjusting the erode value to make the tracks rougher or smoother makes no sense. I thought that it was pretty clear that when the erode setting is set to one, that means that for every bike that goes through a line, one line is drawn. I don't understand how it make sense to have it set to where when one bike goes through a line, it draws one and a half lines. If you make one little mistake like locking up your rear wheel or slightly sliding out, instead of making that mistake once, it draws that mistake one and a half times (or whatever the erode value is set at).

This isn't meant to be a personal attack at the track crew, it's just my attempt at helping improve the tracks, which I believe is what we all want.
RT

I am with Jeremy on this one. Erode set to 1 = 1bike, if the erode is not choppy enough change it up in the tileinfo not the server erode, isn't that how its suppose to be done? Also doesn't cranking up the server erode take more of a toll on lower end pc's?
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

checkerz wrote:From what I've seen in testing, too low of a value is a big reason why the tracks get so one lined.
1.5 didn't fix that. Racing Daytona EU on 2.5 did but the track was getting choppy (hard pack) which isn't realistic to Daytona dirt. I personally feel like the best way to making multi line corners is by making a starter rut (like the corner after the first rhythm on A2), or similar corners to Houston.
checkerz wrote:I wish there was a way to have it start on something much higher early in the race and then slow down at the end.
That would and wouldn't be a good thing. There are a lot of mistakes made in the first couple laps (first corner, 2nd corner) that would impact the track for the rest of the race.
checkerz wrote:Also, the track and erode was designed so that throughout the race before the whoops the outside was going to start fastest, but once it got rough the inside would be fast, and once that got deep the outside would be a viable line again. If it takes the whole race for both lines to be viable, it doesn't exactly create a passing scenario.
Maybe this wouldn't work but this is what I was thinking that could possibly fix that. Instead of making a basic inside rut, have it start sooner and fade out as you go. It would encourage people to use it early instead of later when the outside is done. The only problem I see with that though is that early in the race people that take the outside can stay left until it gets choppy, then start cutting over into the right side causing issues with people taking the inside. But maybe it won't be possible to cut over then due to people forming a rut from the inside.
I just hope we don't see whoops like that until Seattle or another loamy track I'm not aware of :lol: .
checkerz wrote:Gameplay has (and in my opinion always should be) been the responsibility of the person building the terrain. We're the ones who have the ability to tune/tweak/etc. this, so it doesn't make sense to me having someone without that knowledge making the call.
I can respect that but I think we all can agree 1.0 should be where it is left. Hell the MXGP was on .750 and that was amazing IMO, but I'm not sure if thats comparable.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Personally I think having the erode different every round is how it should be. It’s more realistic. I give props to you chris for taking time to make tile map different every week
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

I like the loading img Barrington, made me sit there for a couple seconds waiting for it to load :lol:
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

AHeckman2 wrote:I like the loading img Barrington, made me sit there for a couple seconds waiting for it to load :lol:
I had to open in a new tap to make sure that it was just a loading image