2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 17 - Las Vegas

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
barrington314
Team: me

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 12 - Indianapolis

Post by barrington314 »

Jeremy150 wrote:
barrington314 wrote:It doesn't work like this but it is another way for me to help explain it... Think of erode server setting being on 10 for the first time around. Then the second time around it's less, like erode 6. Then you go through a rut again, it would only be like erode 3. Then maybe one more time, erode 1. And finally, that path would be erode 0 or just stay on 1 so that it only erodes a little bit. This would be amazing for nationals, in my opinion.
That right there sounds like a really good solution in my head. I totally understand that having it high for the first lap to develop multiple lines is a great idea. If JLV could get a setting like that for the server, where the erode value starts to lower after the first couple of laps that would be awesome. I think the main thing is, that when erode has been on 1.5 and above for an entire the race, the lines get really choppy.
Well that's what I asked him to do. His solution was the limit setting. The way he says it should work sounds good. However, I can't seem to make it work correctly. Check out the last few pages of the tileinfo thread and give it a try.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

barrington314 wrote:Image
Something fishy happened with the shadows. Just riding without erode, it's not bad. However, Checkerz brought to my attention that with erode on, it might make it hard to see.
Here's a patch.
Just extract and place this in your personal folder. Do nothing else.
Depending on your graphics settings, it might not update until bikes are riding it with erode. But after lap 1 it should be okay. This is essentially just getting rid of the shadows. This isn't mandatory.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/be6l17ase ... ch.1.0.rar
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

The regressive(?) erode thing would be great and all but we have to take into consideration early in the race that there is A LOT of crashes. And Im sure we all know what happens when people's heads hit the ground on a high erode value.
for those who dont

I really would like to get your guys opinion on premade insides. A2 had great potential and it showed with that corner I was talking about after the first rhythm. People were taking both outside and inside for the whole race. I think people were just thrown off by the premade bumps which I also was and don't think should be there (adds randomness). I think the only fail with the premade inside(s) was this corner.
The outside was pretty OP but I think if there was 1 line instead of 2 and possibly start it bigger it would have made for closer racing. Making it bigger because we have to check up 3/4 of the way through the whoops so we are already losing time of course. Also like I mentioned earlier with fading out starter rut, I think that would be good for that corner so people can start apexing on what feels natural. This corner was super hard to stay in because you couldn't keep your speed throughout it or else you would push your front wheel and go down. And I'm not saying its your fault Barrington for how the ruts are apexed because that's really hard to nail, but thats why I think (if possible) the fading out starter rut would be good.
Example: Blue was the premade ruts, Red is how I think it could have worked better
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

is there a way to make it where if you crash it doesnt effect the erode?
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

motocross_will wrote:is there a way to make it where if you crash it doesnt effect the erode?
I think that's been brought up before but I don't recall the answer, or if there ever was one. :(

Atom, I'm not opposed to the starter ruts. But your assumption is correct about it being slightly difficult to get them in the right spots, right angle, no bumps, etc. For nationals, even though its more time consuming, its a bit easier to get right, I think. More freedom.
How'd the premades work on daytona before the sx triple? I was in the server but missed most of the races. Seattle has some good opportunity for premades on some insides crossing the start straight.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

barrington314 wrote:How'd the premades work on daytona before the sx triple?
They were awesome, I thought they were perfect but some people may oppose me.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
barrington314 wrote:How'd the premades work on daytona before the sx triple?
They were awesome, I thought they were perfect but some people may oppose me.
I agree with hubbard. they werent too big but worked good you just had to be careful
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

barrington314 wrote:
motocross_will wrote:is there a way to make it where if you crash it doesnt effect the erode?
I think that's been brought up before but I don't recall the answer, or if there ever was one. :(

Atom, I'm not opposed to the starter ruts. But your assumption is correct about it being slightly difficult to get them in the right spots, right angle, no bumps, etc. For nationals, even though its more time consuming, its a bit easier to get right, I think. More freedom.
How'd the premades work on daytona before the sx triple? I was in the server but missed most of the races. Seattle has some good opportunity for premades on some insides crossing the start straight.
Those insides were nice before the triple, The only problem was by the end of the race they were huge so if they stopped eroding at like 15 mins it woulda been sicker.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

barrington314 wrote:Atom, I'm not opposed to the starter ruts. But your assumption is correct about it being slightly difficult to get them in the right spots, right angle, no bumps, etc. For nationals, even though its more time consuming, its a bit easier to get right, I think. More freedom.
If you would like to test them during the short break I would be more then willing to help and Im sure others would as well. I would like to see at least 1 more SX round with A2 like starter ruts though. I think we can end this year with a bang.
barrington314 wrote:How'd the premades work on daytona before the sx triple? I was in the server but missed most of the races. Seattle has some good opportunity for premades on some insides crossing the start straight.
I completely forgot about them tbh. IMO they were 10/10. But that was a corner after sand which you can set up for. The insides after the whoops on A2 are harder to get right because you are carrying much more speed into them.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Has anyone else checked the servers and seen St. Louis on most of them? Or is that just me?
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:Has anyone else checked the servers and seen St. Louis on most of them? Or is that just me?
there like that till last minute
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

Post by Xkxmotokid »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:Has anyone else checked the servers and seen St. Louis on most of them? Or is that just me?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

By now they're usually on the new track.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

cale726 wrote:
there like that till last minute
That's strange, lol. Most of the weeks they've been set to the tracks roughly 10 minutes before.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Also, will there be distinct servers for 250 east and west? So it isn't so crowded?