2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: 2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post by yzmxer608 »

Been happening with a LOT of downloads lately, but I can't extract it with 7zip (Can not open file "" as archive). Not sure if it's something on my end, but I know someone with Winrar getting the same thing.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

yzmxer608 wrote:Been happening with a LOT of downloads lately, but I can't extract it with 7zip (Can not open file "" as archive). Not sure if it's something on my end, but I know someone with Winrar getting the same thing.
I had to use winrar
Ryan778

Post by Ryan778 »

feels like im riding deep sand on a 250F the bike just bogs everywhere :/ looks good though
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

checkerz wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Been happening with a LOT of downloads lately, but I can't extract it with 7zip (Can not open file "" as archive). Not sure if it's something on my end, but I know someone with Winrar getting the same thing.
I had to use winrar
That worked, thanks Chex.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Ryan778 wrote:feels like im riding deep sand on a 250F the bike just bogs everywhere :/ looks good though
My guess is that was part of the design behind the track so that the 1:1 scale rides correctly. If the resistance is like the tracks we regularly ride on, we would be hitting unrealistic lines. It is a bit slippery though.
Yristhos
Team: Privateer

About erode settings

Post by Yristhos »

Hello, does somebody know what erode settings will be used? I would like to try the real deal! Thanks.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

great work, really nice, i like the 1:1 scale. But indeed i struggle to play, it bug a lot.... i thought my computer was powerful enough but it seems not... anyway i like the direction you got doing this track!! really improving the standard of the game!
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Hey,
Just have to say this is one of the most beatiful tracks in MXS, with huge attention to detail, it rides great, as someone whos put thousands of hours into mxs and is pretty fast, i would say that this track jjust excels, its great to ride, the jumps are all perfect, the berms ride lovely, the whoops, perfect, the width perfect I love it.

As you're asking where the track can be improved, personally I think that the traction is a little bit off, the dirt feels a bit too much like sand as there seems to be a lot of rolling resistance, in relation to this i feel like there should be a tad more grip, it seems that real supercross use an almost clay like dirt that really grips up, normally when watching the supercross on tv They seem to get incredible traction on the front and rear tyres during turns, on this track I find i struggle to get the traction along with the feeling of it being a bit 'sandy'/'loamy' I think there should be less rolling resist and more grip.
Another point for improvment (this is a minor one) The berms could be just a tad taller and a tad steeper I think for a more realistic feel.

However having said this, this track rides amazing and is great fun!

Keep up the good work!
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Sorry for double post.
Ive just tried something out and used the tile info from a track i play a lot and changed the valeus in yours, i think its a beter represenation of how the dirt should be and imo the track is just so much nicer to ride now, definitley think it needs that changing as its made the whole track ride completely different for the better.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks man

The traction is actually something I worked tirelessly on including watching countless videos and trying to best match rpm/gear and speed and is actually within reason quite accurate to the speeds reached around a supercross track on a 450. I think the feeling of riding on sand comes from riding years worth of tracks at a super unrealistic speed and scale to now be pulled up to a more accurate speeds just feels like a drag on everything.. however I will continue to work on this as it is a key part of the track development stage and In some cases I agree that I have yet to nail an accurate traction.

In reference I developed a tool years ago to assist in traction and to simplify conversions between common kmp/h, mp/h and MXS's FP/S
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1006400369
feel free to play with numbers on that to reach a realistic setting

The grip I tend to disagree to a point and I back this by 17 years of racing myself, attending several AMA supercross races over the last 4 years, along with watching every SX race on TV since 03 and I just don't think you could find a more constant problem for a supercross rider than the front wheel washout or anyone particularly on the West that isn't generally fighting for traction.

jump to 2:30
I always like to watch the races from both the TV and spectator pov as it gives you a greater understanding of what is happening relevant to the whole track.

Again I value the feedback given and will apply some points you have made when tweaking things in the future.. Thanks for taking the time to review the track and I hope this reply has given you an insight as to my thought process behind the decisions made on the points you raised
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

I really thought that the preview image was made by the Monster Energy crew on a 3D program, it looks so dopeee :D
K-Xtreme

Post by K-Xtreme »

The track looks insane!!! was able to run it with max out graphics at 125 fps and looks awesome.

My online concern is traction. I'm not a track builder but 450s now feel like 250s. on flat straights, the 450 struggles to go through the 4th gear, like real struggles.

I also feel like triples are a tad small.

However, this is still the greatest SX track of the game. You reached a new level of track building with this one!!!

Keep it up!!
jojodash33
Team: Team ZYN

Post by jojodash33 »

track looks dope, wish i could actually play it lmao
tw0_f0ur_
Team: None

Post by tw0_f0ur_ »

Jay wrote:I run shaders copy and everything else maxxed... In testing people struggled to load it with shaders direct because it does require a larger portion of Vram
Tried to lower everthing and run shaders/copy. Still no luck.

PC:
AMD 4350 Quad Core 4.20Ghz
8GB Ram
Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4029VRAM
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Wow... I mean.. wow. This is the most beautifully made supercross track I have ever seen in this game.
The scale is absolutely perfect. This completely changes the way you play the game. Awesome job.