2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jay

Re: 2018 AMA Supercross Rd01 Anaheim 1

Post by Jay »

ok Ill try it but try this... enable toggle speed and tell me how fast you are going.

Davi millsaps on a national track cant even hit 60mph... so if you are hitting anywhere near 60 on SX im sorry but I 100% will not take anything you say on board... you are use to an unrealistic traction.
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

yeah but milksacks fucking sucks dood
tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Jay wrote:ok Ill try it but try this... enable toggle speed and tell me how fast you are going.

Davi millsaps on a national track cant even hit 60mph... so if you are hitting anywhere near 60 on SX im sorry but I 100% will not take anything you say on board... you are use to an unrealistic traction.
Not sure how to enable "toggle speed" ???

But are you saying 2013 supercross tracks have an unrealistic traction?? Lol. Cause that's what I suggested was using 2013 anahiem traction. Current tractions represent an ideal, perfectly tacky track. That's incredibly rare, though it can briefly happen from time to time at certain wetnesses on on certain soil types. But as stated, 2013 nailed it IMO. Especially with my setup.

This is my current advanced stability. To make it "easier" and even slower in t he turns, turn up the leveling to 85 and the roll damping to 50. Literally everyones complaint with my stability setup is that it makes you too slow in the corners. But that's actually what is realistic about it. You cant lay a bike over and turn like that in real life. It fights you, Like this does. 75% leveling and 40% roll damping represents the limit of what I believe a pro rider is capable of. 85% leveling/50% roll damping represents what I believe an amature rider is capable of. Humans are self balancing creatures that dont like feeling like they are falling over and I beleive that's what "leveling" is adjusting. And damping must be adjusted with leveling or things get wierd in the games physics. And NO you CANNOT have a roll limit with a setup like this or you will literally glitch the game out at every berm and not be able to do it at all. Roll limits dont exist in real life anyway. It takes skill to not fall in a flat turn with this setup. And an idea of how much slower this setup is... I cant triple anything from 2016 with it and even the 2013 big lines are a true pro level challenge with it.
leveling=75.000000
roll_damping=40.000000
roll_limit_angle=0.000000
roll_limit_factor=0.000000
steering_damping=40.000000
steering_strength=95.000000
max_steering_force=750.000000
direct_steering=1.000000
slow_damping_speed=40.000000
slow_damping_factor=1.750000
land_damping_falloff=0.250000
land_damping_factor=2.000000
full_lock_speed=1.000000
restricted_lock_speed=50.000000
restricted_lock=10.000000
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Bro how do you turn with that stability.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
Not sure how to enable "toggle speed" ???
Type "/togglespeed" in chat and hit enter.

Since the speed came up, thought you might find this interesting.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

That's actually really interesting Barrington. Makes me wonder how much different the track will ride when you can achieve 50+ Mph.
I believe this is the video we referenced when we were adjusting the traction match the speeds and the airtime when 2017 Anaheim was being built.

However if I were to bet on it, Litpro's data is probably more accurate than gopros.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Jay wrote:ok Ill try it but try this... enable toggle speed and tell me how fast you are going.

I watched the circles with the distance, G's, height the entire time rather than the actual video itself XD.
Jay

Post by Jay »

These are the kind of numbers that makes me angry when people say the traction I spent months tweaking is shit because they cant reach 70mph

on my A1 2018
Top speed I can hit is 50mph now when you weigh in my skill to turn is very limited so already Im loosing speed off of my max down the straight and I believe JLVs dyno information comes from a stock bike, not Jason Andersons NASA equipped Challenger OV-099 so suddenly the max speed from my understanding is pretty fucking accurate and nothing like tearing up the sands of Lommel after hurricane katrina made her sequel appearance to fuck up Belgium and just for the heck of it im toeing a 34 foot raptor toy hauler with my wife Irene and her 8 kids in the back.

this is Irene btw

we had to get the 34 foot raptor toy hauler because it has the cargo door at the back to get Irene's fat ass in the trailer
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Jay wrote:
These are the kind of numbers that makes me angry when people say the traction I spent months tweaking is shit because they cant reach 70mph

on my A1 2018
Top speed I can hit is 50mph now when you weigh in my skill to turn is very limited so already Im loosing speed off of my max down the straight and I believe JLVs dyno information comes from a stock bike, not Jason Andersons NASA equipped Challenger OV-099 so suddenly the max speed from my understanding is pretty fucking accurate and nothing like tearing up the sands of Lommel after hurricane katrina made her sequel appearance to fuck up Belgium and just for the heck of it im toeing a 34 foot raptor toy hauler with my wife Irene and her 8 kids in the back.
Just did my "togglespeed" experiment. On YOUR Anahiem 2018, I hit a max speed of 47, on the start straight bit after the single jump turn, I am going 12mph in the 180 bowl turns, and averaging 25mph in the rythm sections and hitting 30 over the supercross tripples. On 2013 Anahiem 1 I am hitting a top speed of 52mph (in the same start straight area) and going 15mph in the bowl turns, averaging 25mph in the rythm sections and 35mph over the supercross tripples. 2016 anahiem... speeds are rediculous lol. But like i said, that type of surface NEVER happens. Also at your Anahiem 2018 I am 3/4 to full throttle around most of the track and never have to touch the brakes at all. On 2013 anahiem 1 I am never above 3/4 throttle but for a spit here and there and have to brake heavily for the bowl turns. I think we can all agree that 2013 anahiem 1 has more realistic dirt physics. I did all of this with the advanced stability setup I posted above.
Mcguire103

Post by Mcguire103 »

thanks for sharing this. finally a proper simulator track!
maybe i have a different view on the whole simulator thing but its just weird to not use 1:1 imo.
Jay

Post by Jay »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
Jay wrote:

on my A1 2018
Just did my "togglespeed" experiment. On YOUR Anahiem 2018, I hit a max speed of 47, on the start straight bit after the single jump turn, I am going 12mph in the 180 bowl turns, and averaging 25mph in the rythm sections and hitting 30 over the supercross tripples. On 2013 Anahiem 1 I am hitting a top speed of 52mph (in the same start straight area) and going 15mph in the bowl turns, averaging 25mph in the rythm sections and 35mph over the supercross tripples. 2016 anahiem... speeds are rediculous lol. But like i said, that type of surface NEVER happens. Also at your Anahiem 2018 I am 3/4 to full throttle around most of the track and never have to touch the brakes at all. On 2013 anahiem 1 I am never above 3/4 throttle but for a spit here and there and have to brake heavily for the bowl turns. I think we can all agree that 2013 anahiem 1 has more realistic dirt physics. I did all of this with the advanced stability setup I posted above.

sounds like you're on a 250 which proves my traction to be more accurate once again. I just hit 70mph on A1 13 on a 450
can you un assign your front and rear brake and upload a video please ?
I may be wrong but from my understanding the 250s are 3/4 to full throttle quite often on an SX track
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Jay wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:
Jay wrote:

on my A1 2018

sounds like you're on a 250 which proves my traction to be more accurate once again. I just hit 70mph on A1 13 on a 450
can you un assign your front and rear brake and upload a video please ?
I may be wrong but from my understanding the 250s are 3/4 to full throttle quite often on an SX track
I am absolutely 100% on a 450yzf. And I'll upload a vid that is from a video camera so you can see I even run with a 90* FOV cause it's more realistic.
RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

So heres your video link bro.

RSmithDRIFT

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

Jeremy150 wrote:Bro how do you turn with that stability.
Lots and lots of practice my dude. And cornering speeds are accurate with it once you get the hang of it. It's the overscaled supercross tracks that become a problem because they expect you to BLAST around the corner at 40mph LMFAO. Sometimes I end up having to revert to the "normal" advanced stability setup to get a good lap in a RF or EMF track. But I hate that stability setup so I go back to mine and just suffice myself with doubling things and taking the "small" line. But on 1:1 scale tracks it feels AMAZING.
Jay

Post by Jay »

lol