2018 Pre italian special event - Cingoli (prepped)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

2018 Pre italian special event - Cingoli (prepped)

Post by honda23 »

This is the track that will be used for the fun race hosted on Thursday on EMF. Track prepped for erode use.
Check the topic and information of the fun race here: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48239

Download:
Medium resolution - 79 Mb

Credits:
- TMFR
- Motoboss
- Kyle Watts
- Staydown
- Rafagas
- Haggqvist
- Twistmoto
- Anyone who i forgot

Have fun! :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
ColtonD719
Team: Privateer

Re: 2018 Pre italian special event - Cingoli (prepped)

Post by ColtonD719 »

Nice work on this track, Gabriele! I just finished the 2-stroke race and figured I'd share my thoughts. Overall, It's a really fun layout. Great elevation changes and I love fighting to get a good drive up that looong up hill. It's especially rewarding on a 125.

I've been trying to figure out a good combo of erode settings and built-in ruts/bumps on my current track, so I was especially interested in how this worked with erode. My main impression was that the built in ruts were basically the only ruts that built up, even by the end of the moto (except for a rut on the inside of turn 1). I was hoping some additional lines would form between some of the existing ones. I like the way you built the bumps, but I wonder how it would work if the bumps were a bit more subtle/shallow at the start, allowing them to be "uncovered" by the erode. Overall, I'm curious how things would feel if all the built-in ruts/bumps were smoothed out a bit, and the erode settings turned up a notch or two. I imagine that might give more of a balance between the built-in lines and the ones formed during the race.

BTW, I'm not criticizing the track, more just thinking out loud as I try and figure this stuff out for my own track. In fact, if you have any tips, or things you've learned by doing these test races, I'd be happy to hear them!

Also, I'm not familiar with this track IRL, but I get the feeling from your version that it's a pretty hard pack type of track. In that case, maybe you got exactly the result you were hoping for, in which case you can take my input with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the track and hosting the event!
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Re: 2018 Pre italian special event - Cingoli (prepped)

Post by honda23 »

ColtonD719 wrote:Nice work on this track, Gabriele! I just finished the 2-stroke race and figured I'd share my thoughts. Overall, It's a really fun layout. Great elevation changes and I love fighting to get a good drive up that looong up hill. It's especially rewarding on a 125.

I've been trying to figure out a good combo of erode settings and built-in ruts/bumps on my current track, so I was especially interested in how this worked with erode. My main impression was that the built in ruts were basically the only ruts that built up, even by the end of the moto (except for a rut on the inside of turn 1). I was hoping some additional lines would form between some of the existing ones. I like the way you built the bumps, but I wonder how it would work if the bumps were a bit more subtle/shallow at the start, allowing them to be "uncovered" by the erode. Overall, I'm curious how things would feel if all the built-in ruts/bumps were smoothed out a bit, and the erode settings turned up a notch or two. I imagine that might give more of a balance between the built-in lines and the ones formed during the race.

BTW, I'm not criticizing the track, more just thinking out loud as I try and figure this stuff out for my own track. In fact, if you have any tips, or things you've learned by doing these test races, I'd be happy to hear them!

Also, I'm not familiar with this track IRL, but I get the feeling from your version that it's a pretty hard pack type of track. In that case, maybe you got exactly the result you were hoping for, in which case you can take my input with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the track and hosting the event!
Hey Colton! Thanks for the feedback and the nice words, it's always appreciated and i also ask people to give personal opinion as it could help me a lot.
Fortunately one of my teammates noticed how the track of last round (last week), which was without starting ruts/bumps, was one-lined. Therefore i put those starting stuff and surely they are useful and help making the race not one-lined. As i put 2/3 ruts per corner i hoped riders would use them and they did, not all of them, maybe not all the ruts were used every lap but surely the track was not one-lined as i saw many people passing me at the inside and battles were going on. Of course if you have a berm at the outside it will be used more if compared to a rut, unless the outside got some hard bumps entering the corner. As regards bumps i use a strenght about -2.50 (same as ruts) and that's how i build them also for my other tracks, in this case i painted a bump only once to make it lower. The height of both was pretty good in my opinion, what you say is fine about smoothing them and rise the value of erode but i am afraid that in doing so the erode would make the track feel more sketchy as the erode has this kind of effect, moreover if ruts are lower i am afraid that riders won't follow them completely and create other erode-made ruts that i don't want to be formed. This doesn't mean you are wrong, these are just my thoughts and probably i'll think seriously about that before the event. If i had had much time i could have tested once again using your advice to see if the balance starting ruts/bumps-erode was better but unfortunately the event is ext week so i cannot. Anyway thanks again, i'm happy you spent some time typing the keyboard and giving your opinion :wink:
p.s the track is hardpack yes
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi