2018 MXSEMF.com Nationals Rd12 - Ironman

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Nationals Rd02 - Glen Helen

Post by checkerz »

Rush wrote:
chaseb31 wrote:
TH_722 wrote:I give it a 3/10 on the jump/corner shape and accuracy... atleast it's out
yea the track is way to rough. gonna suck for racing. o well
https://youtu.be/Kvse3T4yMEE?t=3m9s
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

aeffertz wrote:Just tested all the links and got each one downloaded in a few minutes or less for each one. I only have 30 mbps internet as well. I think the sudden influx of downloads kinda nerfs the server they are hosted on every time and then it fixes itself after a bit. I do wish he'd also upload them to mediafire or something else as an alternative to prevent this though.
Who's your provider? We're obviously not that far from each other so I wonder if it's AT&T doing me dirty. Trying to download again right now and it's doing about 30KB/s right now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

checkerz wrote:
Rush wrote:
chaseb31 wrote:
yea the track is way to rough. gonna suck for racing. o well
https://youtu.be/Kvse3T4yMEE?t=3m9s
Ahh yes I see that distorted gopro really explains the distortion in the shape of the jumps.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

yzmxer608 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:Just tested all the links and got each one downloaded in a few minutes or less for each one. I only have 30 mbps internet as well. I think the sudden influx of downloads kinda nerfs the server they are hosted on every time and then it fixes itself after a bit. I do wish he'd also upload them to mediafire or something else as an alternative to prevent this though.
Who's your provider? We're obviously not that far from each other so I wonder if it's AT&T doing me dirty. Trying to download again right now and it's doing about 30KB/s right now.
Charter Spectrum
TiddyG
Team: Privateer

Post by TiddyG »

FlyinHigh wrote:Image
Can we fix this yet?
All my mediafire downloads do this and take 2 hours to download. Anything from dropbox or other upload sites take me 2 minutes to download the same track, I think it's just mediafire being slow, nothing to do with your internet unless you get slow downloads across all sites.
Motodad95
Team: Privateer

Post by Motodad95 »

Track is rough but sick! Races are gonna be intense :shock: 8)
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

You can add this to your mx2018r02glenhelen folder for the surrounding terrain that didn't make it into the track packaging for some reason. Since they are referenced in all the versions, you can join the servers without getting a client modified whether you have it included or not. So it's just a visual bonus for anyone that wants to get the full affect.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1uclz9ysu ... ras%21.rar
M@xTizZz wrote:rd2 added in 1st post
Could you add this link to the main post as an optional add-on? Thanks!
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Post by Brock1198 »

FlyinHigh wrote:Image
Can we fix this yet?
lmao thats my normal download speed.
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

Can we get these rounds with updated shading for those of us with shit PC's? Since erode is being used at the start of every race the shading gets updated in the path the rider goes and leaves trails and parts of shadows that should be there. Running a race with shaders on VS shaders off makes a big difference for me.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Halvorson wrote:Can we get these rounds with updated shading for those of us with shit PC's? Since erode is being used at the start of every race the shading gets updated in the path the rider goes and leaves trails and parts of shadows that should be there. Running a race with shaders on VS shaders off makes a big difference for me.
Whatcha mean?
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

The first picture is how the track comes.Image
The second picture is after you manually update the shading. I just did it by smoothing the entire map with 0 strength. You can see the shadows show up. It's not a huge difference I suppose but there are still spots of shading on the track that show up when you ride over themImage
Here is Hangtown before. Image
After. Image
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Halvorson wrote:post
Noted! I'll put on the checklist to ensure shading is updated for non-shader peeps.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

checkerz wrote:
Halvorson wrote:post
Noted! I'll put on the checklist to ensure shading is updated for non-shader peeps.

Erode was amazing apart from the downhills, i feel like the starter bumps on the downhills were a little to big to start of with... apart from that amazing job :mrgreen:
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Halvorson wrote: The second picture is after you manually update the shading. I just did it by smoothing the entire map with 0 strength.
Not that it matters for the purpose you were doing this, but that's a bad habit to get into for updating the shading. Even though strength is at zero, it still changes the terrain ever so slightly. Do it enough times, and it'll make a difference. A better way of doing it is using the raise tool, with the sub mode set to lower only. It'll offset and make no terrain changes but will update shading.