SMK Trollhattan 2014

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

SMK Trollhattan 2014

Post by Wahlamt »

After being in the works for the last 5 or so years, it's finally time to release it... My former local track where I grew up on 85cc and onwards! This version is made in the 2014 version of the track, after the "2nd big remake", if you want. The track is made to be 1:1 scale, with the only really potential exception being the width of the track, think it's a bit too wide to be "1:1".

I know the traction may be terrible, but the track isn't made to be one that you never slide out on, but rather what is realistic for a really hard packed track. This track is either pretty much concrete when it's dry or ice skating as soon as rain hits it. There's been numerous people high-siding from going wide open too soon. So I wanted to create a track where a bit of patience pays off. The jumps are really short as well, but realistically, how often do you go wide open out of a turn into a "normal" sized jump all the way until you're in the air? Extremely big ones and in this game. So please, have this in mind when you're riding it, it's meant to be different.

In game name: SMK Trollhattan 2014

Download High/Normal res - Should be okay for most people
Download Normal Resolution

Potato resolution - This resolution lacks almost all objects and the decals aren't full quality. Unless you're always downloading the lowest resolution or struggling a lot with normal tracks, please chose the High/Normal res one.
Potato resolution

Credits:
DJ - Trees, Grass tufts
Mecke96 - Water, Watertank (flagpost)
M121c - House
Haggqvist - Billboard model, Acerbis stake
MotoTechHusqvarna - KTM van skin
Zipper63 - Beta testing and support
Checkerz and YZmxer608 - Great feedback on the track
SMR 510RR - Skybox guide
ColtonD719 - Pier over river
JS7 compound - Water truck, water blaster, Van
Frontloader - not sure :(
Warehouse - Genk = http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?t=23552
Maxxiz - Staying enthusiastic during all these years! :shock:
Storken - "Mål" (checkered) sign, blue triangular sponsor tower
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Re: SMK Trollhattan 2014

Post by sethypeety »

After playing this track for about 40 min, I have to say it is really good. Even though I am playing on potato mode the track textures and off track objects look very good. I haven't played a track with "proper" traction so it took a few laps to get used to but works pretty good. The track without erode works okay but it is kinda hard to get into and carry speed around some of the inside ruts(for me at least). With erode on about 10, after 5-6 laps the track eroded really good, with the erode on 35 it eroded amazingly for me.

Also, this track eroded really fast and was a lot of fun to mess about on.

Complaints:
I was playing this track on a yz125 and the jumps felt good, but I think would be small on a big bike, I know it is a replica but I feel like a couple of the table tops could have been a little bit longer just because of how op the 450's are. But, even though they are small, you can get pretty corked on them.

I have trouble seeing a lot of the smaller bumps in the darker areas(just like I do IRL). This might not be a problem for everyone, but it is a bigger one for me.

All in all, this track is a lot of fun to play and I am very happy with your choice in 1:1 scale, I am not sure how accurate it is to the real place but it still looks and plays awsome. great track as always man! can't wait for your next one. :D :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: SMK Trollhattan 2014

Post by Wahlamt »

Thanks for this amazing feedback! :shock: This kind of feedback that is both amazing to receive and just as useful.

I actually never tried this with erode on, as I in 2013 had no interest in it. Might have to check it out once I get on my pc. It is a bit tricky to carry speed, but I do struggle with that in real life to, as the lower end D class rider I am. That said, you can both get low and imo adapt a somewhat realistic lifestyle to ride this, if you wanna ride for fun. Aaand yeah, it's very small on 450, but it's also quite small in real life, just that you ride with a different mentality there. The new replica I'm working on has has a bit of length added to the jumps, just to make it slightly more interesting :)

sethypeety wrote:I have trouble seeing a lot of the smaller bumps in the darker areas(just like I do IRL). This might not be a problem for everyone, but it is a bigger one for me.
I agree. The shadows makes it hard to see. I already brightened it by 30%, but I'll have to experiment more for the next one. I'll keep it im mind.
sethypeety wrote:All in all, this track is a lot of fun to play and I am very happy with your choice in 1:1 scale, I am not sure how accurate it is to the real place but it still looks and plays awsome. great track as always man! can't wait for your next one. :D :D
Thanks a tonne! Here's a real life video of it, if you want to compare. You can also notice my lower D class riding :lol: Thanks again for your feedback :)