2018 MEC

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
D_ROY178

2018 MEC

Post by D_ROY178 »

To say finishing this track was a struggle would be an understatement. However this track did teach me heaps about making tracks and all intricacies involved. Massive thanks to Jack Perry and JLV for their help with fixing my broken track because without their help, this track folder would be at the bottom of my recycle bin. Please remember it's only my third track so forgive me if its not racing standard. Was going to do a shadow map but was honestly over it by the end of the build. Track is sort of one lined but the layout is rather simple and also, while beta testing, my friends decided to show me all the unrealistic FULL SEND lines, so I nerfed most of them (blame them not me). All criticism/ feedback is appreciated.

Ps: Joker Lane should work.

Credits
SMR: Tuffblocks
Checkerz: Help with stadium and objects from his sx madness track
AL167: Objects from his 2014 version
Jack Perry: Help with editor and general assistance
JLV: For game obviously, and helping troubleshoot my broken editor
Nex285: Because he is very cool man

Download Pls

Anyone who has any previous version of the track will need to re-download

No Pay to Race events are to be held on this track without my written consent.
podium1

Re: 2018 MEC

Post by podium1 »

chur buda
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Track is super fun and I appreciate you making it!

As far as my feedback goes, here it is:

Overall great track, really fun, but the over-under jumps are one of the 3 areas I think could have been a bit better. I think the first over-under jump kicks you too much, and the second doesn't kick you enough, if you know what i mean. I feel like the first one has a steep jagged takeoff, and the second is too smooth.

The second thing is the section after going down the start straight backwards, or after the jokers lane. I think those doubles are too steep, and you have to slow down for them too much to actually hit the little step-up type jump that goes over the first turn, however this does allow you to hit a different rhythm and just jump over the takeoff of said stepup, so it's still cool.

And lastly, the very last jump before hitting the ski-jump into the sand. I think it's too steep and too short, I believe it would have flowed better if it were longer and smoother, like it was irl.

Please don't take any of this as me complaining, just giving my thoughts and explaining what I would have done differently, but overall track is dooope.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

808 wrote:Track is super fun and I appreciate you making it!

As far as my feedback goes, here it is:

Overall great track, really fun, but the over-under jumps are one of the 3 areas I think could have been a bit better. I think the first over-under jump kicks you too much, and the second doesn't kick you enough, if you know what i mean. I feel like the first one has a steep jagged takeoff, and the second is too smooth.

The second thing is the section after going down the start straight backwards, or after the jokers lane. I think those doubles are too steep, and you have to slow down for them too much to actually hit the little step-up type jump that goes over the first turn, however this does allow you to hit a different rhythm and just jump over the takeoff of said stepup, so it's still cool.

And lastly, the very last jump before hitting the ski-jump into the sand. I think it's too steep and too short, I believe it would have flowed better if it were longer and smoother, like it was irl.

Please don't take any of this as me complaining, just giving my thoughts and explaining what I would have done differently, but overall track is dooope.
Pretty much all your points were sections where people who tested it were doing stupid lines through it and idk, it bugged me so i nuked the upramps, i guess i should just get over it
colten322

Post by colten322 »

new link?
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

colten322 wrote:new link?
???? It works fine...
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

D_ROY178 wrote: Image
Im not trying to be toxic or anything but what is this screenshot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Nice work bro!! Thanks for making us a new track to play, and possibly race on. very glad to see movement in this community sense nothing can be updated or talked about upon our 19 season or even off season races and series like we have been told about, tracks hella fun!! Good work.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Looks cool dude!
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

motocross_will wrote:
D_ROY178 wrote: Image
Im not trying to be toxic or anything but what is this screenshot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone be my friend and teach me how to screenshot better :)
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

THIS TRACK IS SO FUN GREAT JOB
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Not sure if anybody else was getting little random FPS spikes on here, but I know I was and I took out the semi's in the statue folder and it made it so my game wasn't dropping frames anymore. Hate having to take stuff out of game but when you drop every lap and can't control the bike you have to do it at times. But this is just what I did to fix my FPS spikes that I was getting. Like I said not sure if anybody else is or was getting them but if you are then try this and it may fix it for you as well.
DaleMullins873
Team: Transmoto

Post by DaleMullins873 »

the reason he changed the lines
⚔️2017 Australian MX2 Nationals Champion
⚔️2019 MXSEMF 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2019 Australian 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2020 EMF NA Supercross 250 Champion