FireAtFall MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

FireAtFall MX

Post by Ac Dash »

Today im releasing a track i have put a ton of hours into.

FireAtFall is a fun flowing, somewhat technical track
I tried to keep the track on a realistic scale but it best suits a 450
Constructive criticism would be appreciated as this is my 1st track release

FireAtFall is on our team server! flowtechmxs.com:19928

Thanks to my friends who helped with testing, giving me ideas and inspiration
Blake Oliver
Zach Briggs
Brandon Cocroft

Track decals, billboards, statues and traction are from monster mountain mx and mintop
Thanks jlv for the game

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/13pvi7v9p ... l.rar/file
Dennis129

Re: FireAtFall MX

Post by Dennis129 »

Nice!
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Its a pretty good effort for a first track. Although I do have some serious issues with it, which i guess just be careful with next time ;)

-Straight line ruts are used very excessively, and need to be more rounded off more.
- Next to no breaking bumps, and considering you said this is a 450 track, it definitely needs them to bring you to a stop in some of the higher entry speed corners.
- Many of the ruts/ berms simply dont hold you at all, front wheel washes really easily. (Especially important on a high speed track)
- Make the backsides of berms smooth so the bike doesn't get awkwardly stuck on them whilst trying to get up from a crash.
- Although it is a 450 track, some sections are no fun for a 250 at all. At least make them do-able but a lot harder on the lower capacity bikes.
- The random tables with lips at the end of them that have no single after to step off feels weird, and one even steps you off into a jump face....

Ps. Is it really that hard to make a minimap? literally takes 5 seconds in photoshop. Or at least delete the default one.
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ac Dash »

D_ROY178 wrote:Its a pretty good effort for a first track. Although I do have some serious issues with it, which i guess just be careful with next time ;)

-Straight line ruts are used very excessively, and need to be more rounded off more.
- Next to no breaking bumps, and considering you said this is a 450 track, it definitely needs them to bring you to a stop in some of the higher entry speed corners.
- Many of the ruts/ berms simply dont hold you at all, front wheel washes really easily. (Especially important on a high speed track)
- Make the backsides of berms smooth so the bike doesn't get awkwardly stuck on them whilst trying to get up from a crash.
- Although it is a 450 track, some sections are no fun for a 250 at all. At least make them do-able but a lot harder on the lower capacity bikes.
- The random tables with lips at the end of them that have no single after to step off feels weird, and one even steps you off into a jump face....

Ps. Is it really that hard to make a minimap? literally takes 5 seconds in photoshop. Or at least delete the default one.
I agree the ruts aren't the best in the corners. That's one thing i struggled with but i will definitely work on making them better for the next release. And as far as the straight line ruts not being rounded off i would get alot of choppiness when i would smooth them making them unrideable so i left them as is. Also there are no step on step off jumps at all thats why there is no single after them.
Last thing, i made 90% of the track on a 250f so everything is doable on one for sure besides like 2 of the huge lines
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

Really enjoy this track! Don't agree with his comment on the 250 problems cuz i can make all the lines just need to hold her wide.. Ran a 1:47 on a 250f
Jose Eduardo317

Post by Jose Eduardo317 »

Good Work
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ac Dash »

Jose Eduardo317 wrote:Good Work
Trevor#91 wrote:Really enjoy this track! Don't agree with his comment on the 250 problems cuz i can make all the lines just need to hold her wide.. Ran a 1:47 on a 250f
Thanks guys :D
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

I agree about the braking bumps. Would be nice to have something to make it a little rougher. The straight ruts are fun but just make sure not to overuse them. All in all, great job on the track though. You have great potential. Thanks for the release man.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Ac Dash wrote:
D_ROY178 wrote:Its a pretty good effort for a first track. Although I do have some serious issues with it, which i guess just be careful with next time ;)

I agree the ruts aren't the best in the corners. That's one thing i struggled with but i will definitely work on making them better for the next release. And as far as the straight line ruts not being rounded off i would get alot of choppiness when i would smooth them making them unrideable so i left them as is. Also there are no step on step off jumps at all thats why there is no single after them.
Last thing, i made 90% of the track on a 250f so everything is doable on one for sure besides like 2 of the huge lines
I mean with those tables dont bother with the lip if its not an on- off, just round the edge off, and tbh i was just guessing with that 250 thing
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ac Dash »

D_ROY178 wrote:I mean with those tables dont bother with the lip if its not an on- off, just round the edge off, and tbh i was just guessing with that 250 thing
The lip was more intended for landing purposes tbh but ill take it into consideration next time, thanks man 8)
ChaseMorales71
Team: Vibe+

Post by ChaseMorales71 »

Dont listen to this dood. The track is dope and everything is built really well. Everything this man is saying is everything that will make the track easier. Dont sweat it its a dope track
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

ChaseMorales71 wrote:

Dont listen to this dood. The track is dope and everything is built really well. Everything this man is saying is everything that will make the track easier. Dont sweat it its a dope track

Ok mate, you clearly havent made a track or have any clue what makes a good one. But hey you're the expert.
Ac Dash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ac Dash »

D_ROY178 wrote:Ok mate, you clearly havent made a track or have any clue what makes a good one. But hey you're the expert.
Woah lets not get our tips in a tangle m9
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

I agree with it all except that the track is no fun on a 250, I think it's even more for on the 250! I can hit everything the 450 can on a 250.
jackyboy
Team: popoopo

Post by jackyboy »

CHEERS CUNT GREAT TRACK