Static MX Test Track

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
jmaddawg

Static MX Test Track

Post by jmaddawg »

Helloooo everyone, today im releasing my first ever finished track. Ive been working on it on and off for a while now and decided to finally sit down to complete it. I wanted it to have a somewhat realistic feel with some bigger jumps. I ride a 250f in sim so most of the jumps are going to be scaled for that bike. I didnt really add any rough because I wanted to try and use erode to break the track down as it will in the outdoor nationals. If you decide to download the track, please give me some feedback. Tell me it sucks. If it does, let me know why. It would really be appreciated. Thank you!
Track Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohjvlcnyn ... ck.7z/file

Credits
Kellen/Start Your Systems and Wahlmart/StorkenMXS for the track making tutorials
JGMX and WDMX for decals and all around badass track inspiration
JLV for the game
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Re: Static MX Test Track

Post by Clfitty »

Hey man, I spun a couple of laps on it and I have some feedback.

- Most importantly (for me) was how distracting the trees were. I don't know if it's just me but the trees were pretty much black and stacked in a repetitive looking way. In the future, I would suggest adding more environmental features like hills, bushes, etc. Less trees.

- Secondly, distinguishing the edge of the track was tricky in some spots with the way the decals were. It all kind of blended in together. I think that kind of goes with the environment aspect. Just clean it up a little and it will improve the feel of the track as well as the appearance.

- Third, it felt like certain sections were wide and others weren't the same width. Maybe I'm wrong but it felt like there wasn't consistency in track width. Something not as crucial but I feel like keeping it all the same will help with appearance.

On a positive note, I LOVED the track map. As dumb as that sounds. It turned out phenomenal. I can't stand when there's either a crappy track map or none at all, so that was a really nice touch. Overall, I think it's great for your first track and I would love to see you continue to try more. I feel like you have good ideas, and with some time I think you could be a great track maker. Thank you for contributing this to the community!
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
jmaddawg

Post by jmaddawg »

Clfitty wrote:Hey man, I spun a couple of laps on it and I have some feedback.

- Most importantly (for me) was how distracting the trees were. I don't know if it's just me but the trees were pretty much black and stacked in a repetitive looking way. In the future, I would suggest adding more environmental features like hills, bushes, etc. Less trees.

- Secondly, distinguishing the edge of the track was tricky in some spots with the way the decals were. It all kind of blended in together. I think that kind of goes with the environment aspect. Just clean it up a little and it will improve the feel of the track as well as the appearance.

- Third, it felt like certain sections were wide and others weren't the same width. Maybe I'm wrong but it felt like there wasn't consistency in track width. Something not as crucial but I feel like keeping it all the same will help with appearance.

On a positive note, I LOVED the track map. As dumb as that sounds. It turned out phenomenal. I can't stand when there's either a crappy track map or none at all, so that was a really nice touch. Overall, I think it's great for your first track and I would love to see you continue to try more. I feel like you have good ideas, and with some time I think you could be a great track maker. Thank you for contributing this to the community!
Thanks for the feedback man, it means alot. Yeah the trees were pretty much the last thing i added and they were rushed alot lol. for some reason i had a hard time getting them into the game so i just spammed them so i could be done. my computer is a potato so i guess the decals werent a big focus for me bc itd look bad anyways lol. now that i (sort) of know what im doing ill take more time on the environment. Again thanks for the feedback it means alot. :D
Tim.Scholtes#292
Team: JIBR

Post by Tim.Scholtes#292 »

Spark
Team: Spark Gang

Post by Spark »

Tim.Scholtes#292 wrote:Image
yeah i have the same problem everything is black