Australian Nationals Presented by RivalInk Round 1: Appin

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
D_ROY178

Australian Nationals Presented by RivalInk Round 1: Appin

Post by D_ROY178 »

DOWNLOAD

Password released at 7pm AEDT, find out your local time here
higgy

Re: Australian Nationals Presented by RivalInk Round 1: Appin

Post by higgy »

hot
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

higgy wrote:hot
Craig

Post by Craig »

erode or nah?
DaleMullins873
Team: Transmoto

Post by DaleMullins873 »

Craig wrote:erode or nah?
yes erode
⚔️2017 Australian MX2 Nationals Champion
⚔️2019 MXSEMF 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2019 Australian 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2020 EMF NA Supercross 250 Champion
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

8RJ%Q,)%pJFBS=7d
Itz Raidox
Team: Westeffex.com

Post by Itz Raidox »

never wished for perry to make these track so badly :oops:
Smidly wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:ARLINGTON PASSWORD
e/9v8ta/%ar{dV':/.>qhyT
really bro this is the best password you could come up with? smh bro
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Itz Raidox wrote:never wished for perry to make these track so badly :oops:
Message me what you don't like about it or keep your opinion to yourself, complaining without feedback is stupid and wastes everyones time.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

D_ROY178 wrote:
Message me what you don't like about it or keep your opinion to yourself, complaining without feedback is stupid and wastes everyones time.
Decals and lighting are a little off. If you're running erode with this series I would see it being very difficult to see the track. The ruts and bumps are built a little awkwardly, and the edges of the tracks are almost like a vertical wall instead of being smoothed off. For the ruts and bumps, I feel like it'll be easier to make them better if you had better decals and lighting so you could see what you're building off of (unless you build in photoshop). The offtrack felt pretty bland as it was just a single decal and a few objects placed around like banners and trees. With the ontrack decals, they had a little bit too much contrast and made everything a little harder to see. Most of the visibility though comes with your lighting. If you can't find a track that has a good lighting file for visibility, I would highly recommend checking out this tutorial by aeffertz: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48257

For the trees, I wouldn't use the 2d plane object model, it would probably look better as a billboard. I realize you did this for shadow rendering, but change it back to the billboard and it'll look a little better. Another note about the shadows, I would change the brightness of them in photoshop as they were pretty dark on the track which didn't help with the already low visibility of the track. I would also use a little bit of the blur tool as well to make the shadows feel a little smoother.

Most of the stuff I touched on was environmental. Trackside stuff matters more, such as visibility, roughness, etc, than other stuff like the trees being 2d plane. It's hard making tracks for a series, especially with them being nationals. I'm not sure how far you are into building the tracks but I would highly consider looking a few of these things over to try and improve the tracks. I'm not trying to say "oh this track is garbage" or anything like that, just trying to give an honest feedback so you can better each round.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
D_ROY178 wrote:
Decals and lighting are a little off. If you're running erode with this series I would see it being very difficult to see the track. The ruts and bumps are built a little awkwardly, and the edges of the tracks are almost like a vertical wall instead of being smoothed off. For the ruts and bumps, I feel like it'll be easier to make them better if you had better decals and lighting so you could see what you're building off of (unless you build in photoshop). The offtrack felt pretty bland as it was just a single decal and a few objects placed around like banners and trees. With the ontrack decals, they had a little bit too much contrast and made everything a little harder to see. Most of the visibility though comes with your lighting. If you can't find a track that has a good lighting file for visibility, I would highly recommend checking out this tutorial by aeffertz: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48257

For the trees, I wouldn't use the 2d plane object model, it would probably look better as a billboard. I realize you did this for shadow rendering, but change it back to the billboard and it'll look a little better. Another note about the shadows, I would change the brightness of them in photoshop as they were pretty dark on the track which didn't help with the already low visibility of the track. I would also use a little bit of the blur tool as well to make the shadows feel a little smoother.

Most of the stuff I touched on was environmental. Trackside stuff matters more, such as visibility, roughness, etc, than other stuff like the trees being 2d plane. It's hard making tracks for a series, especially with them being nationals. I'm not sure how far you are into building the tracks but I would highly consider looking a few of these things over to try and improve the tracks. I'm not trying to say "oh this track is garbage" or anything like that, just trying to give an honest feedback so you can better each round.

Funny you mention that lighting tutorial by Alex, was trying to find it again the other day but couldn’t, it will help a bunch. But most of the stuff you suggested is already on the list for the next one, definetly will take it into account.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

[center]Lighting update for those that want it, wont trigger client modified.

DOWNLOAD[/center]
Carson45x
Team: Privateer

Post by Carson45x »

ANYONE TRYING TO RACE THE 2021 AUS MX NATIONALS I PUT HOW TO FIX GATE IN THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
bishop
Team: TFM

Post by bishop »

anyone got a password for this?
Maxim Barancheev
Team: Burbmoto

Post by Maxim Barancheev »

bishop wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:35 am anyone got a password for this?
Yes, in this topic
kingoftheshow
Team: Privateer

Post by kingoftheshow »

Maxim Barancheev wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am
bishop wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:35 am anyone got a password for this?
Yes, in this topic
where bro?