2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 12 Indiana

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Re: 2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 5 WW Ranch

Post by AWood »

Rough tracks are cool. I think they’re better each week. I like prebuilt decent and then a little lighter erode so it’s actually rideable at 35min. If you race a post race 450 track it’s basically impossible to ride. WW was the best so far imo. And I’m an erode hater in general so I’d love to give a shout out when it’s not absolutely out of control.

Also southwick.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Smidly wrote:
Racers52 wrote: I take time away from my family, studying, working on the next weeks track to do these rough versions and for FOUR weeks, there have only been two people vocally thankful. I dont get paid to do that. I do it because I care about the game. But alot of people will say rF is a money monger :roll:

I know that there is a silent wise majority, but the other half that only post on the forums to provide non-constructive opinions is really realllly old.
I appreciate what you do to help the game stay on its feet. I try to provide some sort of constructive criticism or suggestions but I don't like being told to "go fuck my self" for doing so (I know Checkerz isn't on rf anymore but it seems like he's still pretty involved). You're obviously gonna receive complaints regardless of what you do, but keep trying to find the best medium to please the people. On the bright side, at least you don't have to sift through compliments to find what people don't like about the tracks.
And just think, there are people on the crew that are busier, have more responsibilities and limitations IRL and work harder than me.

I cant imagine what they feel like when they see this stuff on the fourms.

Thats really why I am posting, there is alot more at work here than what meets the eye. Hopefully I have shed some light on that.

I think I can also speak for the crew that we welcome feedback.

People think feedback is just typing in game chat on race day, which if it is real, it gets lost in all the bs that is said in the chat.

If you have a hypothesis, test it, report your findings, examine it. In my opinion anyone that really cares will do this.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Almost all of the people who are commenting absurd things about rF or the tracks do not have a clue on how to build a track and what goes into this series. There is so much more than meets the eye. Im not even involved AT ALL but from my experience these guys are doing a incredible job for what time they can allocate to this. Are there problems yes, But they are trying to be fixed around the limitations of the game. If you think rF is so horrific then why don't you make your own series huh? Damn oh wait, You warriors couldn't figure out how to open the editor and couldn't handle a series worth a crap.
sol721
Team: Fak u

Post by sol721 »

I appreciate the rough tracks, it's all i really wait for each week, the base track is useless for singleplayer and most of the time there arent enough people in any servers when i play to get any good erode going, thanks chaps.
Official rF Gaming
Team: RaceFactoryGaming

Post by Official rF Gaming »

Updated first post with a rough version of WW from 450 M2.
*Please do not use PM system on MXS Forums for support. Use the @RaceFactoryGaming bot on discord for support!
Visit the Official rF Gaming Discord
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

checkerz wrote:go fuck yourself.
Id love too, but I'm not that flexible. And I'd tell you to go fuck yourself but everyone on here knows damn well there is no way you are that flexible either.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

skyzen wrote:I can understand if the release was something like washougal 2k17 or many other with ton's of ruts/bumbs
Oh look the number one pro even likes JG tracks the most, what are the odds chex ahahaha
UncleLiberty76
Team: Grunt-Style

Post by UncleLiberty76 »

Racers52 wrote:
Smidly wrote:
Racers52 wrote: I take time away from my family, studying, working on the next weeks track to do these rough versions and for FOUR weeks, there have only been two people vocally thankful. I dont get paid to do that. I do it because I care about the game. But alot of people will say rF is a money monger :roll:

I know that there is a silent wise majority, but the other half that only post on the forums to provide non-constructive opinions is really realllly old.
I appreciate what you do to help the game stay on its feet. I try to provide some sort of constructive criticism or suggestions but I don't like being told to "go fuck my self" for doing so (I know Checkerz isn't on rf anymore but it seems like he's still pretty involved). You're obviously gonna receive complaints regardless of what you do, but keep trying to find the best medium to please the people. On the bright side, at least you don't have to sift through compliments to find what people don't like about the tracks.
And just think, there are people on the crew that are busier, have more responsibilities and limitations IRL and work harder than me.

I cant imagine what they feel like when they see this stuff on the fourms.

Thats really why I am posting, there is alot more at work here than what meets the eye. Hopefully I have shed some light on that.

I think I can also speak for the crew that we welcome feedback.

People think feedback is just typing in game chat on race day, which if it is real, it gets lost in all the bs that is said in the chat.

If you have a hypothesis, test it, report your findings, examine it. In my opinion anyone that really cares will do this.
Y’all are doing a great job and I believe these are way better than last years. I think having a little bit of rough in the beginning is perfect and I like the way the erode is coming together. My only gripe on either the GPS or the AMA tracks is that the braking bumps get too peaky for me. Maybe one day I can help y’all build a track or two on the series when my track building skills get better. . I appreciate all y’all do and definitely make this game what it is!

PS thanks for posting the rough tracks. It’s a good way for me to be able to train some late moto skills.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Be nice. I’ve had minuscule help with nationals in the past and it’s an insane amount of work. If you paid everyone minimum wage for the work they put in I don’t think we could pool together the money to have 12 tracks with the series passes. But I would like to see experiments like the gnarly bump at high point, and see they’re working on it. Maybe try one round more premade, less erode on something. If it doesn’t work it’s like an og tracks. Give suggestions don’t just be assholes.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

post for seth garrett

At first, I would complain every time I rode an erode track. I'd complain about traction, I'd complain about the small ruts, I'd complain about literally everything, that is, until I learned to adapt and have a positive attitude towards the erode, and since it's gotten better. I've also realized that erode isn't perfect and there's no real way to make it perfect, even though I'm pretty sure WW ranch was as close to perfect as it will ever get. It kinda occurred to me that probably the biggest reason I never likes erode is because I was bad at it. I didn't have good throttle control and I wasn't used to rolling on the throttle because I got the game in like '15 when stuff started going massive scaled easy "anybody can be good at" tracks like the 2017 tracks. The erode tracks actually have a skill gap imo, which is probably why so many people cry about it. Just get good dude.. I was like a top 10 am maybe before 2019 started..

In conclusion - Erode is actually sick and good for the game, it's still in development, stop crying, and honestly - get gud kid.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Thank you guys for the kind words, it goes a long way in keeping the rF guys still interested, and happy to create over 30 tracks a year.

I would like to make a couple of things clear. The guys at rF are some of the most open minded people I have ever worked with. Everyone on the team takes constructive criticism extremely well, all in an effort to improve on our product.

With that being said, I think there needs to be an understanding of where the line is drawn between constructive criticism, and mindless bashing. Most importantly, it needs to be understood that rF currently has no plans of going back to non-erode. Our goal since 2012 has always been to progress the game, and keep it moving forward.

Going forward, with understanding that rF does not plan on making a huge step backwards by going to non-erode, it is in everybody's best interest to be giving feedback on what can be done to improve how erode works. Heading in to Hangtown this year, my intent was to create every part of the track with erode, with no premade what so ever. Anyone who showed up to the first erode test can see what our thinking was going into outdoors. However after over 10 erode tests before Hangtown, we decided, with community feedback, that at the game's current state we will definitely need to have premade ruts at the least.

I think that if you take a step back, and actually look at the progression we have made this year alone, you will see a large improvement from the beginning of the year. I believe that we are actually at a pretty good point with erode now, but we have no plans to stop improving. However, I do believe that soon we will hit a limitation in regard to the game's visuals, and performance capabilities. JLV has plans on some major updates coming soon that will completely change everyone's outlook on erode, in my opinion.

Just please remember guys, everyone on the team isn't making a living off of this game. We all have to work full time jobs, in order to support creating content for this game yearly. When all we see on the forums is people constantly bashing what we are doing, it starts to take a toll on us, and is the leading reason why great content creators are leaving the game. Our crew is starting to shrink year by year, and I would really hate for rF to collapse just because some people have no respect for what said creators are doing for the game.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

If you guys can’t tell the difference and improvements between round 1 last year and the last round we just raced this year, you are ignorant or simply blind to say we aren’t listening or trying different things week after week.

Literally nothing stopping anyone or any group of people from making tracks the way they want and host a series at whatever cost they want. The reason you haven’t seen many is because, despite what you love to think, it’s actually a very time consuming process that requires a ton of work. Tracks don’t make themselves, websites don’t make themselves, nor are they free. I only play a small role each week and it consumes so much time, to think any of us are doing it for money is just laughable. But I do it because I:

1. enjoy making things and want to improve my abilities
2. want to keep the racing scene alive and progressing each year.

It’s so much easier to sit on your asses, spin lap after lap on the “shitty tracks” and then complain because it’s not exactly the way you want after a night of racing.

Lastly, I’m sure Mr. JG is capable of speaking for himself and would probably be embarrassed by the cheerleaders here making claims on his behalf since he actually creates things and knows the amount of work it takes.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Well said Jeremy.

I assume you guys understand the difference, but in all my days creating; I never once got pissed about CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS LIKE:

I wish the erode had smaller ruts.
I wish the erode wasn't as tall.
I think the bumps for erode are too small to see.
I think the bumps for erode are too large.
I think the bumps form too fast.
I think the ruts don't form fast enough.
I don't care for erode because.... (any of those things or something like it from above)
I wish we didn't have erode because my PC struggles with running it.

Those ^^^^ are all fair and CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS and all saying that you aren't liking erode or part of erode which so many want to jump in and say (myself previously and now) rF won't listen to.

Typically those comments will be either:
A) Taken into consideration (actually always) or
B) an explanation will be given why that route is the current route that was chosen.

But the result will always be making progress towards a better product.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I go to work for one day and the forums blow up.

My 2 cents:
At first erode was very beta, I felt like it wasn't ready for racing. Now I feel like after a year and a half of running it in racing, we are the closest we've ever been to perfect settings. The ruts feel awesome when they shape up and they aren't walls. Bumps are awesome and realistic. There are a few spots where the tilemap settings transitioning from bumps to ruts create almost a "wall bump", but that's my only criticism on it.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't even notice the environment and decals being basic because I have to download the ultralow version and the full remover just to play at a decent framerate. And even racing on a 8700k and a 1070, I still can't race with 40 riders without massive stutters between 40-55fps.

For this erode and the game to progress, there needs to be some serious optimization updates. I know JLV has said he's done pretty much everything possible, but there has to be some sort of way. It gets on my nerves when people blame rF for the lag when it's not even their faults. The 2017 have more detail and less lag, and that's just due to the nature of erode lagging the game.

I agree with Race Karlin, the racing is a lot more interesting with erode. I even made one of the St. Jude tracks and thought the racing wasn't as interesting as the WW Ranch race on Wednesday. The track changes so you have to be on your toes otherwise you might crash. That creates a skillgap whereas you would have tryharders that would get good at one track and not be able to adapt to erode.

I see erode having a ton of potential in the future, especially with some major updates coming. I wouldn't go back to non-erode, people will still complain about the track. I appreciate rF's dedication, this shit isn't easy, especially when you have full-time jobs on top of it. I will show up to a few more outdoor rounds this year and I'm excited to see the progress you guys will make in the future.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

BydesigndecalsCO wrote:Why would JLV pay someone to do something that they chose do under there own will?
Just so you don't see you game die (?)
Alex V111#1017