2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 12 Indiana

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Re: 2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 1 Hangtown

Post by MOTOZ293 »

T_Frye127 wrote:to prevent the walls-ruts, what if we just had pre-made ruts that didnt erode. so only the entrances to the corners got eroded making the next one one faster. there is no way it could be one lined that way.
At least in 250 I felt there was more lines that no erode. Especially towards the end of the Motos
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

T_Frye127 wrote:to prevent the walls-ruts, what if we just had pre-made ruts that didnt erode. so only the entrances to the corners got eroded making the next one one faster. there is no way it could be one lined that way.
This creates one fast line, just like the non erode tracks. People will see which rut is the quickest and hit it every single lap and it won’t get any more difficult or rough.

I actually didn’t think the track was very one lined at all. There was a preferred line that got really beat up but other lines were available and people started taking them later on. I’ll have to go back and look at the track after the motos again but IIRC, most corners had multiple ruts being used. It seemed like some people just stuck to the hot lap line, even though it was super beat up rather than trying a new rut. Now make that line never erode and no one ever has an incentive to search for a new line.

Plus you have to realize it is motocross, there’s always just going to be that one preferred line, even IRL and the the limitations of the game only allows for bigger ruts, not tire sized, so we can’t have 10 ruts in one corner. Also, I think you guys are forgetting how follow the leader non erode tracks were. It’s not perfect yet but I think the racing has gotten better and has presents a new challenge through out the whole Moto. Just need to work on getting it running smoother on more people’s systems.
rmitch524
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by rmitch524 »

In my opinion the first 250 moto erode was awesome. Late in the moto the track was beat and lines were being used all around the track. Laps time slowed way down and you had to search for better lines. I've always hated the speed way one line bs so it was refreshing to get some big bumps forming.

Also, 250 demos anyone??
2019 RF EU Iron Man Moto 1 Champion
Tlangs daddy 2020 RF EU SouthWick
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

im mainly saying that to prevent the big wall ruts, cos people were actually using multiple lines. but yeah there would be one preferred rut but when the entry gets too rough the next line is going to be faster just like its intended to do now but the ruts just wont build up. thats the only reason the one line stays dominant, is becasue the rut just gets so big you can jump into it and wall ride and the bumps only make it a little risky to take but its still faster. which i guess is how it is IRL. idk just an idea ive had ever since erode came out
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

dp

i also do agree about erode making racing better, im not complaining. i just also know it still needs work so bouncing ideas around never hurts.
MJrace
Team: JS-Racing

Post by MJrace »

Great! I finally get to ride the 2018 track :D
Support my track creations:https://paypal.me/jaeckelmarco
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Racers52 wrote:Erode was awesome

Only major flaw I see is that if a wall rut forms, in some cases it will prevent you from using other parts of the track because you cannot get over the rut to use other lines.

However, before erode this was also the case if you had a larger line.

This probably has to do alot with our collisions being spheres and the terrain behaving like wet concrete vs. actually dirt
Official rF Gaming
Team: RaceFactoryGaming

Post by Official rF Gaming »

Updated first post with a rough version of the track from 450 M1.
*Please do not use PM system on MXS Forums for support. Use the @RaceFactoryGaming bot on discord for support!
Visit the Official rF Gaming Discord
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Is there anything we can do about FPS? I have a $2k desktop with an i7 and a 1080, but multiple times both Moro’s I was getting frame drops to 8fps. I had low obj and low track. As for the erode, I think moto 1 in 250 was way to gnarly. You guys changed it for moto 2, but some sections were still insane. So maybe for pala we change the tile map so that the track isn’t so gnarly
UncleLiberty76
Team: Grunt-Style

Post by UncleLiberty76 »

Anybody having issues getting on the official mxs lobby servers with this track? iv tried to take out the timing gates file and it still gives me the "client track modified" message. I have the medium resolution downloads for both the object pack and the track itself. Any guidance on what it could be would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.
scotthopson55
Team: Privateer

Post by scotthopson55 »

why is it when i try and join a official mxslobby it say's "client track modified - does not match server " am i missing something or have i downloaded something i shouldn't have
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:Is there anything we can do about FPS? I have a $2k desktop with an i7 and a 1080, but multiple times both Moro’s I was getting frame drops to 8fps. I had low obj and low track. As for the erode, I think moto 1 in 250 was way to gnarly. You guys changed it for moto 2, but some sections were still insane. So maybe for pala we change the tile map so that the track isn’t so gnarly
Check to make sure threaded optimization is off for mx.exe

What do you run your GFX settings at?

Make sure you have all background programs closed that could hit performance.

If you are experiencing stutters, use the commands provided by jlv in the previous snapshot to record the stutter data and then report it to jlv.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Racers52 wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:Is there anything we can do about FPS? I have a $2k desktop with an i7 and a 1080, but multiple times both Moro’s I was getting frame drops to 8fps. I had low obj and low track. As for the erode, I think moto 1 in 250 was way to gnarly. You guys changed it for moto 2, but some sections were still insane. So maybe for pala we change the tile map so that the track isn’t so gnarly
Check to make sure threaded optimization is off for mx.exe

What do you run your GFX settings at?

Make sure you have all background programs closed that could hit performance.

If you are experiencing stutters, use the commands provided by jlv in the previous snapshot to record the stutter data and then report it to jlv.
This is my GPU settings:

This is my ingame:

The only programs I have open during races are MX Sim, Stream Labs, Stream Labels, Snip, Itunes, and Discord. All off SX i raced with 125 with almost everyones skins. Then we got to the last couple rounds of SX and then the frame drop started to happen. Happened a little at the GP too. How do i make sure threaded opt is off?
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:How do i make sure threaded opt is off?
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Jeremy150 wrote: [img]showing me
Yeah im stupid and didnt look before i asked. Found it. Thank you