2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 12 Indiana

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Re: 2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 5 WW Ranch

Post by 137 »

Sorry but most of us have real life’s and jobs/school to attend and most of the time a week’s time isn’t enough time to get all of the resources, most of the stuff and good reference videos get posted a few weeks if not months after the race. Just because JGMX updates GH in 2 days doesn’t make him no god. Just saying.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

For the record, JGMX did get paid while others on the team worked for free to make changes to match what was needed for the race.

Just another piece of the Clueless Carl Turkey BS you're spitting.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DP, but some information that might be informative or surprising to some.

Pala (Round 2) was started April 4th.
Lakewood (Round 3) was started on March 18th.
High Point (Round 4) was started in May.

Even with extended deadlines, creators are still pushing hard to get the quality up to the release. You'd definitely see not only a quality drop, but burnout set into the creators if you rushed them into a week or less window.

The example of what a creator can do with a terrain that is already there in a couple days for one track is not a fair representation.

I could definitely build a new national terrain within a couple of days for ONE TRACK, but not 3, 4, 5 back to back within a series. Well, I could, for the right money with the right environment and situation and resources, but it wouldn't be fun and you can't afford to get me to do it. Someone who hasn't done it as long could, but it would burn them out sooner.

Just trying to shed some light on how long this stuff really takes to make quality. The current setup allows creators to put their best efforts forwards to deliver the best product.

PS. The original reason for the race prior has always been because there is way more anticipation leading up to the race than after. Especially with SX as it's a chance to preview the track, but it isn't that much different for outdoors.

Funny there are so many complaints when the builders don't get it "right" but never hear the praises when they see an early release photo or track map that shows new changes and they are put in which puts everyone on the gun.

PS2. Soooooo damn glad I'm done because this shit never changes. To those out there thankful for what you have, speak up because being a VOCAL minority to the crying douche monkeys really gets old as a creator.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

WW Ranch was sick.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

checkerz wrote:You'd definitely see not only a quality drop,
Erode already caused a drop in quality across the board, shittier decals, shittier environments, and since there is little to no prebuilt there is less work there too lmao. And before you say that the time working on prebuilt goes into erode settings i realize that but i can bet less time goes in overall and you guys used the same setting for the first 3 races of outdoors, however like the sayin "it aint broke dont fix it says", prebuilt tracks where sick af, erode tracks are the most repetitive tracks ever with no replay ability cause you cant play them in single player and have fun lmao. Two years ago i remember playing almost daily having a blast, ever since erode came i can barely play the game cause all the tracks are only decently fun during the race.
Racers52 wrote:JGMX's GH was a prime example of why we try to avoid that and it wasn't a complete rebuild, just some section and jump changes.
Josh offered to make the new layout that year and just for fun offered to build the sx track on the side but you guys didn't want to have to edit the banners and other objects. You even asked him to not edit the hills to much so you wouldn't even have to adjust the banners. You guys make money of us, and then call everyone who says the don't like erode
checkerz wrote:crying douche monkeys
checkerz wrote:really gets old as a creator.
And what really gets old are all of the one lined flat tracks, i wish we could go back to the days of sick rf tracks with jumps to whip and ruts to rail, but that time has passed because the track makers no wanna build pwe bwuilt.

Was hopin to have some more years of sim in me but with the way the tracks are being built there is no fun left in the game thanks for work as always RF
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Nothing stopping your boy JG from making his own shit since it's so easy?

Oh and those tracks you liked... yea the creators you're bashing built a lot of those.

Glad I don't have any part of rF anymore so I can just simply say, go fuck yourself.
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

pay to race then see, sry we have no time to make this track ? wtf lol. I can understand if the release was something like washougal 2k17 or many other with ton's of ruts/bumbs everywhere but you guys canno't say you have no time to make this flat track less large than a sx
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
Ryanr25
Team: Privateer

Post by Ryanr25 »

I have never seen so many unappreciative people towards the group/individuals that continuously create content for the game. If you guys are so upset with the track quality, either way, learn the basics that are supplied on YouTube and create the replicas you are currently bashing. I got mad respect for the people that make the rF tracks and other general content creators such as Jeremy150 and JG. So many unappreciative individuals these days :oops:
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

checkerz wrote:Nothing stopping your boy JG from making his own shit since it's so easy?

Oh and those tracks you liked... yea the creators you're bashing built a lot of those.

Glad I don't have any part of rF anymore so I can just simply say, go fuck yourself.
You're correct, there is nothing stopping JG, that's why he does make his own shit. He very rarely gets paid to make tracks but he makes them anyway and they end up being the most enjoyable tracks I've ever played. The fact that the same creators made the old and the new tracks just shows how much lazier they've gotten since they started relying on erode. As for you, Checkers but with a "z" at the end because it's cool, why waste your time defending rf if you have no part in it anymore? You rf guys just reject criticism and insult your customers instead of actually considering their wants. You don't try improving upon your work to make the racing, and the game as a whole, better. It doesn't matter though since you pretty much monopolized the pro scene for this game and you can get away with it.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Smidly »

Ryanr25 wrote:I have never seen so many unappreciative people towards the group/individuals that continuously create content for the game. If you guys are so upset with the track quality, either way, learn the basics that are supplied on YouTube and create the replicas you are currently bashing. I got mad respect for the people that make the rF tracks and other general content creators such as Jeremy150 and JG. So many unappreciative individuals these days :oops:
I had respect for the rf track fellas until I was insulted because I suggested that they improve. That's just the way rf rolls.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

reddead422 wrote:
checkerz wrote:You'd definitely see not only a quality drop,
Erode already caused a drop in quality across the board, shittier decals, shittier environments, and since there is little to no prebuilt there is less work there too lmao. And before you say that the time working on prebuilt goes into erode settings i realize that but i can bet less time goes in overall and you guys used the same setting for the first 3 races of outdoors, however like the sayin "it aint broke dont fix it says", prebuilt tracks where sick af, erode tracks are the most repetitive tracks ever with no replay ability cause you cant play them in single player and have fun lmao. Two years ago i remember playing almost daily having a blast, ever since erode came i can barely play the game cause all the tracks are only decently fun during the race.
Racers52 wrote:JGMX's GH was a prime example of why we try to avoid that and it wasn't a complete rebuild, just some section and jump changes.
Josh offered to make the new layout that year and just for fun offered to build the sx track on the side but you guys didn't want to have to edit the banners and other objects. You even asked him to not edit the hills to much so you wouldn't even have to adjust the banners. You guys make money of us, and then call everyone who says the don't like erode
Erode might be less quality right now, it will be developed over time. We are making progress. Every week I am trying different, new things with the decals to my best ability to provide erode visibility and detail. Not to mention some of the updates jlv has coming for decals (we having been planning for awhile) but people had to hack the game and delay them. (Where is the Spencer Turely video on that).

And yeah Reno lets give JG a full rebuild on his first go around. We never do that. And GH would have been a massive undertaking for the time.

Have you tried actually racing on a prebuilt track now?
It is literally the most boring thing ive ever done and not to mention it is 5x more sweat staining because the track never changes. Absolutely no disrespect to those involved with the St. Jude Series, I think that was awesome the concept and I partook in the event to support the cause but all the tracks were prebuilt and the racing was terrible in my opinion.

Its crazy though, erode is just a scape goat for everyone to blame their bullshit on. Before erode plenty of people blamed the track still, too rough, not rough enough. I think I can speak for the crew that it seemed impossible to please the community when we were providing more content than COD reboots year in and year out. No matter what people will blame stuff and now that erode is here it is the scape goat.

Btw the average income of game artists in the US is 63k. If you think rF is making enough to properly pay all the developers you are off your rocker. This is a hard core simulator. It is very hard to bring people into the game and keep them in. rF's dedication and hard work is still based on the love for the game.

If you have constructive criticism towards decals and environment please pm me here or on discord. I only want the best for the game and I appreciate all feedback.
Iron sharpens Iron.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I do appreciate you guys uploading the rough versions after the race though. I haven't really had time this year to try to race so it's cool to ride the tracks how they formed up. A lot of sections still seem to form one line though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Smidly »

yzmxer608 wrote:I do appreciate you guys uploading the rough versions after the race though. I haven't really had time this year to try to race so it's cool to ride the tracks how they formed up. A lot of sections still seem to form one line though.
I concur.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Smidly wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:I do appreciate you guys uploading the rough versions after the race though. I haven't really had time this year to try to race so it's cool to ride the tracks how they formed up. A lot of sections still seem to form one line though.
I concur.
Minus Nate, these are the only two guys that have been appreciative of the rough tracks vocally.
oxysz wrote:Hey guys thanks for uploading a rough version! I'm still bad at this game and mostly play solo so the tracks last year sucked because they were only made for erode so it was all smooth. It helps alot with the rough version so its like the previous years!
ClumsyTurtle wrote:Can you guys keep posting downloads for rough versions of the track? I love them and they are helping me learn the game better. :D
I take time away from my family, studying, working on the next weeks track to do these rough versions and for FOUR weeks, there have only been two people vocally thankful. I dont get paid to do that. I do it because I care about the game. But alot of people will say rF is a money monger :roll:

I know that there is a silent wise majority, but the other half that only post on the forums to provide non-constructive opinions is really realllly old.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Smidly »

Racers52 wrote: I take time away from my family, studying, working on the next weeks track to do these rough versions and for FOUR weeks, there have only been two people vocally thankful. I dont get paid to do that. I do it because I care about the game. But alot of people will say rF is a money monger :roll:

I know that there is a silent wise majority, but the other half that only post on the forums to provide non-constructive opinions is really realllly old.
I appreciate what you do to help the game stay on its feet. I try to provide some sort of constructive criticism or suggestions but I don't like being told to "go fuck my self" for doing so (I know Checkerz isn't on rf anymore but it seems like he's still pretty involved). You're obviously gonna receive complaints regardless of what you do, but keep trying to find the best medium to please the people. On the bright side, at least you don't have to sift through compliments to find what people don't like about the tracks.