2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 12 Indiana

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: 2019 Ride365.com Nationals Round 5 WW Ranch

Post by VUSTTOS »

tbh I feel bad for rF because they are getting shit on their back just by running a Championship with erode on.
Erode is shit, yeah. What does rF has to do with that? Nothing. So why do they get so much shit on them? Why don't you guys put all that shit on JLV's back as it's already been almost 3 years of erode develpment? I feel bad for you rF guys.

As Checkerz said, money could make the creators bring back the pre-builded tracks with ruts and bumps but no organization right now is making enough money to pay all the content creators that would be involved in making tracks in the way as they were build back in 2016. Motivation is the only thing that = money, but for the content creators to keep the motivation high is really hard when they do realize that at the end of the day, they are working day in and day out on a 2007 game that sees updates every 5 months and most of them are just "setup changes can now be seen publicly in chat".
Alex V111#1017
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Just to reiterate what Jeremy said, thank you to everyone that does support rF and can have a postive/hopeful outlook on erode and its development.

Personally im very thankful for people that go against the grain per say and see all the work that goes into it and also the people that provide real productive feedback.

You guys are true goats.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

I have some criticism and suggestions.
One of them is with erode. On straights, I think it should be more rutted and eroded. That may affect performance but I think it would be more realistic and challenging. This is just my opinion though, other people probably wouldn't like it.
Like this section except a little more eroded.

Another thing I sometimes notice is the way erode cuts off when switching to different tile maps with different erode settings. This is more of a visual thing and doesn't really affect the racing much.
Heres an example. I don't know if there is any way to gradient tile maps without creating more of them with different settings and just placing them on where the line forms.

The last thing I can complain about is the website. I think there are some things that could make it more user-friendly. For one, organize the races more by putting the upcoming ones at the top. Also maybe separate the series along with the am and pro races so its not just a long list of banners. You could also put a count down timer to an upcoming race, like EMF has. I'm not a web designer or anything, but those are just a few things I think would help make the website easier to use.
BydesigndecalsCO
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by BydesigndecalsCO »

VUSTTOS wrote:
BydesigndecalsCO wrote:Why would JLV pay someone to do something that they chose do under there own will?
Just so you don't see you game die (?)
No offence to JG, he's good at making custom tracks. but by any means is he the factor of weather the game dies or not.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

VUSTTOS wrote:btw, where's JGMX? He is one of the few that should of have gotten paid by jlv for keeping this game alive. Miss his tracks :(
Oh he has one coming soon, his best track to date I think you guys are gunna be hyped <3
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

BydesigndecalsCO wrote:
VUSTTOS wrote:
BydesigndecalsCO wrote:Why would JLV pay someone to do something that they chose do under there own will?
Just so you don't see you game die (?)
No offence to JG, he's good at making custom tracks. but by any means is he the factor of weather the game dies or not.
That's why I said one of the few. Very few.
Alex V111#1017
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:I go to work for one day and the forums blow up.
And even racing on a 8700k and a 1070, I still can't race with 40 riders without massive stutters between 40-55fps.
You need to look into your graphics then. Because I'm runnigna 8700K and a 1080, but running 125 fps with 40 man gate and skins from teams in the game while racing.

Onto the other subject.

Man this brings me back to film making. I love what rF does for this game, and always have. By no means is every rider gonna be good at every round, that's what I like about erode now. For example I didn't do good at Thunder Valley what so ever, but went back tested with erode more, and had my best finishes at High Point and WW. Some of you just don't like to do bad, and don't go and try to learn from it. It's part of life kids.

But how this reminds me of film making is back when I worked for Vurbmoto I was killing myself traveling 24/7, pretty much breaking even on what I made. I did it bc I loved it, but got terrible feedback on my video's half the time for using to much SloMo (reason I am nicknamed Sally Slomo). So I tried making videos with more real speed, blah blah blah and tried to please everyone. You know what though? Nope that didn't happen, still got shit on for random things. No way in this world will you ever please every single customer. Not everything is for everyone. So please stop bashing the creators that are trying to help keep this game alive with a competitive scene going, or eventually we won't have anyone around and will push them away, like I got pushed away from filming, bc there is only so much some people can take. There are still premade tracks being released. If you like premade so much go play those.

That's it for my rant, thank you again rF as always for you what you guys. WW was so sick to race this year!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Smidly wrote:I have some criticism and suggestions.
One of them is with erode. On straights, I think it should be more rutted and eroded. That may affect performance but I think it would be more realistic and challenging. This is just my opinion though, other people probably wouldn't like it.
Like this section except a little more eroded.

Another thing I sometimes notice is the way erode cuts off when switching to different tile maps with different erode settings. This is more of a visual thing and doesn't really affect the racing much.

The last thing I can complain about is the website. I think there are some things that could make it more user-friendly. For one, organize the races more by putting the upcoming ones at the top. Also maybe separate the series along with the am and pro races so its not just a long list of banners. You could also put a count down timer to an upcoming race, like EMF has. I'm not a web designer or anything, but those are just a few things I think would help make the website easier to use.
This is stuff we can work with! Thank you for taking the time to write this up.

I dont specifically work on the tile-maps, just overhearing Chris when he first started erode dev and now Jeremy and Peter I know that straight line ruts can be tricky. If you force to much depth/development they can get super chattery. I think the setting right now is really good and hopefully we can continue to progress that.

As far as transition settings, I know that they are visually displeasing but alot better than a straight up wall which I believe was an issue leaving SX.

I dont get to talk to website guys alot, to my understanding there is alot of site-server development starting up. Which imo takes top priority, having appropriate servers for our racers and a whitelist type option is a long awaiting feature.

(No promises though) I dont specifically work with any of these suggestions above.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Dunivant25 wrote:
And even racing on a 8700k and a 1070, I still can't race with 40 riders without massive stutters between 40-55fps.
You need to look into your graphics then. Because I'm runnigna 8700K and a 1080, but running 125 fps with 40 man gate and skins from teams in the game while racing.
explain to me why these settings would lag
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:
I run Shaders/Copy thats probably why
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Dunivant25 wrote: I run Shaders/Copy thats probably why
I'll try that
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

You shouldn't have to run nearly that low of settings with your computer setup.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:
Yeah that’s weird. I have an i3 8350k and a 1050 ti and I can run the game on mostly max settings at 125 fps
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:
What snapshot are you running? I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and 1070 and run better settings than you on the 4-21 snapshot. The newest 2 make me lag like a bitch.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

DBRider251 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote: You need to look into your graphics then. Because I'm runnigna 8700K and a 1080, but running 125 fps with 40 man gate and skins from teams in the game while racing.
What snapshot are you running? I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and 1070 and run better settings than you on the 4-21 snapshot. The newest 2 make me lag like a bitch.
I'm running the newest snapshot thats been released. I update my snapshot every time they are released. Also I stream and still get 125 with my settings. I might get to 111 every once in a while but hardly ever.