Glen Helen (AMA Pro National)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Re: Glen Helen (AMA Pro National)

Post by Mbutler183 »

jlv wrote:When the track loads, pay attention to the texture memory used. If it's more than your card has you need to turn down "model texture detail".
Even with 50mb used i still lag, i have no idea what it is but mxs and my computer dont like each other
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Another thing i noticed is i get alot of offset on this, especially when going downhill
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

wow cobra!! this is fast!! i ll like to see a demo of a lap like this to see what are your trajectories... incredible!!! well done!!
seriously when riding a track like this one, so great, and all the sx 2010 of jlv, imagine with all the rest of the ama mx track done (millville, high point...), this game ll be totally mad, server 02 with all the sx as it is now, and server 01 with all the ama mx like glen helen type!! wowowow , with these crazy physics!!! no one game can beat this mx simulation beast!!!
Red619

Post by Red619 »

Mbutler183 wrote:Another thing i noticed is i get alot of offset on this, especially when going downhill
Mbutler183 wrote:
jlv wrote:When the track loads, pay attention to the texture memory used. If it's more than your card has you need to turn down "model texture detail".
Even with 50mb used i still lag, i have no idea what it is but mxs and my computer dont like each other
Yeah I dont know what it is I have the same problem with framerate on this track going down the hill with the dowhill double. Its crazy to think this game is requiring more memory and gpu power than Battlefield bad company 2. :roll: :?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Red619 wrote:
Mbutler183 wrote:Another thing i noticed is i get alot of offset on this, especially when going downhill
Mbutler183 wrote:
Yeah I dont know what it is I have the same problem with framerate on this track going down the hill with the dowhill double. Its crazy to think this game is requiring more memory and gpu power than Battlefield bad company 2. :roll: :?
It probably has something to do with being up high and looking across the whole level. It has to draw all the objects across the level as well as all the terrain across the level.
Red619

Post by Red619 »

Checkerz448 wrote:It probably has something to do with being up high and looking across the whole level. It has to draw all the objects across the level as well as all the terrain across the level
Yeah when I think about it that is exactly when my framerate drops, when you get to see the whole track from uptop. Dang dude you should work for rainbow or something. :wink:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

There are a lot of different textures used for the crowd, so this has even more texture switching than Maresia. Try typing this in the chat screen: /bbopt 32
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

jlv wrote:There are a lot of different textures used for the crowd, so this has even more texture switching than Maresia. Try typing this in the chat screen: /bbopt 32
would it help even more if i put a lower number than 32 or is that just what it is.doing that didnt do jackkkkkkk organic matter. ima look at my card specs and show you them by the may i think on GH i had 62MB texture memory thing.
FMXIAN wrote:DJ I Swear If You Were My Dog I Would Put You Down
HA^

Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

sorry double post that was dumb,
6GB ram

intel (R) G45/G43 express chipset

Pentium Dual core CPU E5400 @2.70 GHz
HA^

DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I just ordered the statues file according to texture. Only managed to decrease the texture changes from ~1900 to ~1700. Does the texture changes include decals? Because there not much you can really do about that, as order is important.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It doesn't count the decal changes, but when it draws a new ground texture it will go faster if the decals are mostly sorted.
Jake_413 wrote:
jlv wrote:There are a lot of different textures used for the crowd, so this has even more texture switching than Maresia. Try typing this in the chat screen: /bbopt 32
would it help even more if i put a lower number than 32 or is that just what it is.doing that didnt do jackkkkkkk organic matter. ima look at my card specs and show you them by the may i think on GH i had 62MB texture memory thing.
The higher the number the more texture switching it will avoid, but integrated intel graphics aren't going to be very fast no matter what you do. If you can control how much memory is dedicated to the graphics chip, use as much as you can.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jake_413

Post by Jake_413 »

should i get a better graphics card??? is it easy to install? because what u just said made about 0 sense to me but thats becase im an idiot.
HA^

MX196

Post by MX196 »

YES! I finally made it to a 3:15!! (3:15.6 to be exact) I even did it on my 2nd ever lap on my new setup. So i guess im keeping that one. :roll:

What is your fastest lap here?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jake_413 wrote:should i get a better graphics card??? is it easy to install? because what u just said made about 0 sense to me but thats becase im an idiot.
If it were my computer I'd get a graphics card. Not all computers have a slot for it though. You need a PCI Express x16 slot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
22sheza

Post by 22sheza »

love this track its so fun to ride :D
can any run on this track with full graphics and not lag